Looking Ahead

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By all means, make a play for Grant - doubt he'll come. Billy Walters or Matt Parcell should be targets for the 9.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought of a hooker, Havili. Looked decent for the Raiders when he played there, powerful runner and offers decent service. Major upgrade on JMK, off contract and won't break the bank. Might be a an astute buy given the circumstances.
I told you about Havili the other day being a good option and you agreed, so I actually thought of it :yum: but feel free to steal my recruitment thunder.

I reckon he’d be a cracking buy, very crafty and would stiffen up the middle.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club is in an absolute mess at the moment and I am sturggling to see way out. I think we need at least 4 decent signings to make us competive next year and into the future.

The signings that I would look at are.
1. Matt Burton- Great young half and will probly leave Penrith as lui and Clearly are there long term. Won't have to pay overs to get him.
2. Reed Mahoney- nothing special but better than what we have. Shortage of good hookers running around.
3. Nick Cotric - I think he would add better value than Ado Carr as he desperately need a centre
4. John Bateman- x factor and good mates with Luke Thopmson. Competive you can see how much the raiders are missing him.

With that our team could look something like this moving forward.
1. AVERILLO - Freak talent
2. Smith- was never a centre , good winger
3. Hoopa- Great fullback but can't keep Averillo away from the ball
4. Cotric
5 . DWZ
6. Burton
7. Wakeham- inexperienced halves but there are no good experienced ones to get.
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. Renouf
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot
14. Napa - don't rate him but under contract
15. Rfm- better in the middle
16. Jmk - good utility not a starting 9
17.Matt Doorey - good young backrower.

That team won't win a comp but is realistic and is a top 8 side with plenty of improvmemt in it.
you did so well until I read jmk was really good