News Long-time Bulldogs man George Coorey overthrown as chairman at Canterbury Leagues Club

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like a police matter anyway.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the meantime we have certain people that think it's all a media beat up. That think we dont need change now because its bad timing and 2021 is the year things are suppose to improve. And think we don't need an EGM immediately to clean out the place, again.

If things remain the same and Coorey keeps his job the place will be hugely divided even further and in a bigger mess than ever. The club is a laughing stock atm and embarrassing.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully some to the complainants come forward and put Coorey out to pasture. I think it's the retribution that they are scared of while he is still a director at the leagues club. That in itself shows the sort of power he has, and the club really needs people like that gone. He is clinging on with everything he has got.
How many stories do you see on the TV and in the papers of whistleblowers being hounded out of their jobs. I don't blame them for not taking it further with the current support/protection that is offered to them.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didnt we the members vote to get rid of Coorey some time ago.... how the hell was he back on the board.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why?
From what I read a lot of this happened in front of people and in the Leagues club which would have CCTV coverage of the whole floor, I would think.
Matter should be and should have been referred to the police.
Unfortunately trust in the police is pretty low right now. Stuff coming out of the inquest into John Edward isn't helping either.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leagues club isn’t under the NRL jurisdiction so I couldn’t care less. It’s the football department I care about
This is where all of the bad publicity in regards to back of house matters at our club are coming from. The media are kicking us while we are down, yet it seems most of the problems would dissipate if he just fucks off.
Replace him with Mr. Laundys!!!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problems with boards people have there own agendas,we need a strong boss that has a vision commonsense,respected where people underneath them respect them,not people who sit at the bar that command respect because they have a title,these people do nothing ,there not there for the better of the club just themselves,Melbourne everybody knows there job from the top to the ball boy

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dirty politics, the fact is at least one of the complainants is a friend of Lynne Moore Anderson speaks volumes.
It is sad to see the club that once was the pride and blueprints of the league reduced to such a ruble by the tragic incompetence of the administrators who's true interests is self indulgence.
While the club the team and the supporters suffer and keep on suffering the chairpersons the CEO and the rest of the administrations of BOTH CLUBS seems only interested in using their energies to STAB EACH OTHER IN THE BACK.
Well done you corrupt and incompetent lot, you have managed to do to this club what News Ltd & National Rorts League have been trying to do to us for 20 year.
Shame on you, you dare to call yourselves THE FAMILY CLUB...LOL
If you truly have any dignity left in you...You would all resign !!!
Maybe...Just maybe this club might still have a chance...???

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EGM for who - the league or footy club?
Is it possible you’re barking up the wrong tree?
There's definitely a vote of no confidence on the League's club board. The likes of Coorey who have factions with the old Football Club board can't work with the likes of Anderson who toppled them. On top of that these allegations will stick like mud. If the leagues club board who feed the footy club with financial support can't get along which it seems Coorey is the main issue here how the hell can we move forward?

As for the footy club, if the Coorey allegations don't stick and he stays on an EMG has to be called immediately if Lyn doesn't stand down. I am hearing no matter what one of them will go depending on the outcome of the investigation. Positions will be untenable.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirty politics, the fact is at least one of the complainants is a friend of Lynne Moore Anderson speaks volumes.
It is sad to see the club that once was the pride and blueprints of the league reduced to such a ruble by the tragic incompetence of the administrators who's true interests is self indulgence.
While the club the team and the supporters suffer and keep on suffering the chairpersons the CEO and the rest of the administrations of BOTH CLUBS seems only interested in using their energies to STAB EACH OTHER IN THE BACK.
Well done you corrupt and incompetent lot, you have managed to do to this club what News Ltd & National Rorts League have been trying to do to us for 20 year.
Well said. We need immediate change one way or another.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Perfect comment.
Lynne not happy with the 1st investigation which was completed by a independent 3rd party so starts leaking to the media.

The death by a thousand cuts will likely work however there is a real concern about integrity here. My view should be taken to the police even by Coorey himself as the police have ability to gather evidence by CCTV and can subpoena evidence.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
who feed the footy club with financial support.
Traditionally you raise some relevant points, but don’t you find it telling that the footy club specifically pointed out that financial support from the league club stopped in March yet the footy club will still make a profit this year? Yes, that’s Rona related but it’s also Laundy related. My view is that the Laundy partnership has made the footy club a lot stronger and hence why some of the bad blood is coming out now, because the old master servant relationship has changed. You could be right however that one of the Chairs has to go - we’ll see who...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Traditionally you raise some relevant points, but don’t you find it telling that the footy club specifically pointed out that financial support from the league club stopped in March yet the footy club will still make a profit this year? Yes, that’s Rona related but it’s also Laundy related. My view is that the Laundy partnership has made the footy club a lot stronger and hence why some of the bad blood is coming out now, because the old master servant relationship has changed. You could be right however that one of the Chairs has to go - we’ll see who...
I never really thought there was this much politics and back room stuff playing out behind the scenes.
My only passion is going to the games & supporting the boys then hitting our fantastic club for dinner/drinks.
I will vote when the time comes but in the meantime just have faith in Trent and his direction.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I never really thought there was this much politics and back room stuff playing out behind the scenes.
My only passion is going to the games & supporting the boys then hitting our fantastic club for dinner/drinks.
I will vote when the time comes but in the meantime just have faith in Trent and his direction.
It’s a shame isn’t it mate, but it’s age old when egos and money are concerned. Hopefully the right outcome for the betterment of the club is soon.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a shame isn’t it mate, but it’s age old when egos and money are concerned. Hopefully the right outcome for the betterment of the club is soon.
It is very disappointing from a fan point of view.
Reading all these stories about our great club and having these so called journalists splash it out in the media just doesn’t help at all.
Lets hope things are sought out soon for the good of our team.
We have endured enough the last 3 years ,time to turn the corner come next season

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why?
From what I read a lot of this happened in front of people and in the Leagues club which would have CCTV coverage of the whole floor, I would think.
Matter should be and should have been referred to the police.
Still needs someone to make a formal complaint. The police can't get involved because someone gives them a video tape and leaves it up to them to decide if anyone was offended.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still needs someone to make a formal complaint. The police can't get involved because someone gives them a video tape and leaves it up to them to decide if anyone was offended.
Coorey can take it to the police to examine the evidence and he should if he denies the claims. There is no defence against a death of a thousand cuts from a whisper campaign via the media.