Lockyer Linked to Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billiris

Just heard on Talkin Sport that Darren Lockyer has been closely linked to the Dogs for next season. He recently purchased at house at Blakehurst which suggests that there is something going on. Would be a good signing and will bolster an already star studded squad for next season. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Um. The fact that he's still contracted to the Broncos next season means nothing to you people?

I know it meant nothing to Sonny Bill Williams, but I'm sure it does to Darren Lockyer.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Although I'll say this much.

If lockyer wants a release he will be granted it 100%.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although I'll say this much.

If lockyer wants a release he will be granted it 100%.
So no mark my words lockyer will not go to the bulldogs this time?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As good as Daz is, I would rather focus on playing our youngsters and building them up rather than take a short term shot at Lockyer and disrupt the progress of Barba or even Roberts and then risk losing someone like Barba in 2010. And then where would we be? We would be without 2 5/8th's.

Just keep the cap space, sign someone in a position we need strengthening in and if not save our cap space for a younger, less injury prone superstar in 09 for 2010 or frontload the contracts and most importantly keep cap space so we can retain some of our very promising juniors and we don't make the same mistakes we have made in the past.

By the way, surely this is all BS and Daz would only leave early to go to England and take the huge amounts of money on offer there and why would he leave Brisbane to get a contract offer on the same amount or less with us?

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs should focus on signing todd carney for 2010.

M

mrr1

Just heard on Talkin Sport that Darren Lockyer has been closely linked to the Dogs for next season. He recently purchased at house at Blakehurst which suggests that there is something going on. Would be a good signing and will bolster an already star studded squad for next season. What do you guys think?
he s not the player he once was,we need young players.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
He's easily one of the best broncos players this season when he's played and he's NOT injury prone.

He is rarely injured.

One major injury, besides that he's been pretty injury free most of his career.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darren Lockyer was speaking at a corporate function today and said something to the panel in an interview like "St George won 11 premierships with one Raper (John Raper) so imagine how many Canterbury will get with 8 rapers?" 2004 LOL They Did WIN That Year :whacky:

Gaddy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forget it, too old - we need to focus on building our youth!!

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
This has been brought up before.

Not gonna happen.

Mark my words, right kimlo?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If there is any truth to this at all, I think the most likely scenario would be Lockyer (if he was buying in Blakehurst) joining Bennett at St George.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
Darren Lockyer was speaking at a corporate function today and said something to the panel in an interview like "St George won 11 premierships with one Raper (John Raper) so imagine how many Canterbury will get with 8 rapers?" 2004 LOL They Did WIN That Year :whacky:
i have disliked him ever since that happened...... poor taste even if it was a joke

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
he is probably buying an investment property given Sydney's property market is finally starting to move again....

As much as I would like to see him in the blue and white, I seriously doubt this rumour...

Status
Not open for further replies.