Loan players

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is absolutely embarrassing. Deal of the century for the Raiders. Priceless bit of match fitness to a couple of their reserve forwards who they’ll probably need to call upon at some stage later in the season.

What’s wrong with that softcock To’omaga? Has he just thrown in the towel for 2021? Any oil on this @MariaZ?

Surely Jimmy Roumanos can’t be that bad either. Should’ve just thrown him in there for a look to spare us the embarrassment of this scenario.
Are you done crying, we are getting the spoon anyway, who’s the fuck cares if raiders benefit

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m all for it and actually hope we get a few more players from other clubs on loan.
Hope we can be more competitive and not get smacked and pick up a win or 2

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raiders didn’t have to give us the players got respect for them for doing that. Kind of convenient that we play newscastle next week, the nrlol once again showing how good they are. Just a coincidence that newcastle are in the top 8 race next to canberra ahahaha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is absolutely embarrassing. Deal of the century for the Raiders. Priceless bit of match fitness to a couple of their reserve forwards who they’ll probably need to call upon at some stage later in the season.

What’s wrong with that softcock To’omaga? Has he just thrown in the towel for 2021? Any oil on this @MariaZ?

Surely Jimmy Roumanos can’t be that bad either. Should’ve just thrown him in there for a look to spare us the embarrassment of this scenario.
Atoni's partners giving birth is what I read. Going off Atoni's last games effort he's mentally checked out. Roumanos and any other bodies we have left won't be here next year anyways. I'm excited to see Horse play tbh.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score

People dont get it.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Atoni's partners giving birth is what I read. Going off Atoni's last games effort he's mentally checked out. Roumanos and any other bodies we have left won't be here next year anyways. I'm excited to see Horse play tbh.
Not to mention Roumanos and co are probably still in Sydney and could not possibly quarantine in time and play up in qld.. the raiders players are in the bubble already..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol no. There's WAY more injuries happening this season and we can thank the NRL for implementing ridiculous rule changes during the absolute worst time possible. Team also don't have access to a lot of lower grade players they could've previously called on because of the Covid bubbles in place. This is ALL the NRL's fault.
I agree with you Darfty on the impacts of rule changes, injuries and COVID on squad depths. But I don’t agree with the loan system. Doesn’t feel fair to me. IF hypothetically your favourite team came up against Penriff in the finals and a blow in aka TPJ proved the difference in the game, would you feel somewhat robbed? For mine the squad is the squad , no blow in players that can change the course of ones season should be allowed.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you Darfty on the impacts of rule changes, injuries and COVID on squad depths. But I don’t agree with the loan system. Doesn’t feel fair to me. IF hypothetically your favourite team came up against Penriff in the finals and a blow in aka TPJ proved the difference in the game, would you feel somewhat robbed? For mine the squad is the squad , no blow in players that can change the course of ones season should be allowed.
So you would be ok with us having only 15 (not 17) players for the next 2 games? Because that’s what was going to happen if we didn’t get 2 loan players.

On TPJ, I don’t see how he is any different to any other player signed by the deadline. With Covid enforced bubbles and quarantines etc the NRL had no choice but to extend the deadline this year. It isn’t the first time, the Chooks did it with SBW last year, and it won’t be the last time, just going forward hopefully it will be back to June.

Always a Bulldog

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it keeps the comp going I don't see any issues with these player loans. It's not clubs are being left in the lurch as most of these "loaners" are already on the fringes at their respective clubs. Case in point, we're unleashing Dale Copley this week. Oh yeah, stand by for his inspiring impact from the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The TPJ one is a bit different, he isn't on loan and signed a contract (thanks to PVL). I don't agree with it but it is what it is right now thanks to the did ruining the game.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you done crying, we are getting the spoon anyway, who’s the fuck cares if raiders benefit
Christmas come early for the Raiders with this deal Alzzzz

What a lovely bunch they are

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you would be ok with us having only 15 (not 17) players for the next 2 games? Because that’s what was going to happen if we didn’t get 2 loan players.

On TPJ, I don’t see how he is any different to any other player signed by the deadline. With Covid enforced bubbles and quarantines etc the NRL had no choice but to extend the deadline this year. It isn’t the first time, the Chooks did it with SBW last year, and it won’t be the last time, just going forward hopefully it will be back to June.

Always a Bulldog
Agree 100% i don't see why people are arcing up over this, we have five front rowers unavailable for valid reasons? the end.
Secondly TPJ's transfer was effected before the Aug 1 deadline and the broncs don't want him..ANY other top 8 team could have bought him for the short term too..........