Loan players

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra Raiders on loan to Canterbury Bulldogs

Raiders prop Corey Horsburgh will join the Bulldogs on loan. Picture: Sitthixay Ditthavong

Raiders prop Corey Horsburgh will join the Bulldogs on loan. Picture: Sitthixay Ditthavong

Canberra Raiders middles Corey Horsburgh and Ryan James will join the Canterbury Bulldogs on loan on a week-by-week basis.
The news comes as Bailey Simonsson (toes) returns on the Raiders wing - covering the loss of Semi Valemei (larynx), who could be out for at least two weeks.

Horsburgh has been out with a wrist injury since round 12, but was back to full fitness.

The Bulldogs have been hit by the suspensions of props Dylan Napa and Jack Hetherington for their clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Redcliffe on Sunday.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canberra Raiders middles Corey Horsburgh and Ryan James will join the Canterbury Bulldogs on loan on a week-by-week basis.
Im not a fan of either especially Horsburgh (seriously crazy on the field like for like with Hetherington i suppose) but the predicament the club is in all for it

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs send SOS to Raiders as James, Horsburgh sign on emergency loans

The Bulldogs have been forced to take drastic measures to ensure they can field a team in the next fortnight, signing Canberra’s Ryan James and Corey Horsburgh on emergency loan deals for two weeks.

With props Luke Thompson, Jack Hetherington and Dylan Napa all suspended, Trent Barrett’s side has called on short-term help so they have enough middle forwards for their clash against the Warriors on Sunday.

Ofahiki Ogden is also out injured, while Renouf Aroni has returned to Sydney from the club’s biosecurity bubble for personal reasons.
The move is also designed to help Ricky Stuart’s Raiders, which are gunning for a finals spot and will have James and Horsburgh, who have had limited game time in recent weeks, back in the fold heading into the final two weeks of the season.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Genuinely interested to see how they slot in, will they look like bulldogs players playing in our game plan or will we see some non bulldogs shit going on

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I find it funny having players for 3 weeks then going back to the raiders. Just a mockery of the system. I hope they don’t start or get more minutes than Patolo and Topine
Look we all saw what happened when we had those 5 suspended and literally fielded a pack full of 10 game wonders. They’re trying to make that not happen!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I find it funny having players for 3 weeks then going back to the raiders. Just a mockery of the system. I hope they don’t start or get more minutes than Patolo and Topine
I hope they do (if it means they are playing well and contributing to a win) lol