Loan players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s just circumstance. Players are in a bubble and there’s no lower grades. I doubt it’s something we’ll see become regular. What other option do we have, picking lower grade players with no fitness.
It's funny that PVL gets praised for keeping the game alive yet at the same time has absolutely destroyed the lower grades and done nothing to help. I think it's another contributing factor to why the quality of footy has dropped so much this year. Absolute fraud.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra Raiders middles Corey Horsburgh and Ryan James will join the Canterbury Bulldogs on loan on a week-by-week basis.
Gee yes I was shocked when I noticed Ryan James named at prop. Thought it was an error at first. Broncos are interested in him apparently, but more interested in Napa LOL. Maybe James would be interested in signing with us on minimum wage as depth

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny that PVL gets praised for keeping the game alive yet at the same time has absolutely destroyed the lower grades and done nothing to help. I think it's another contributing factor to why the quality of footy has dropped so much this year. Absolute fraud.
I would say PVL and the ARLC have been a huge disappointment. The game is in the worst state it has ever been.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that we play the Warriors and Newcastle the next two weeks who are both competing with Canberra for a top 8 spot. The Raiders aren't doing this to help us out, they're trying to make us more competitive so we can maybe help them make the finals.

Once again the NRL has opened a massive can of worms without thinking about the repercussions and how clubs will exploit these rules.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think James is off contract so maybe this could also be a trial for a contract with us. Sir Gus always thinks ahead.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If youre in the trenches at war u stick solid with what u have. Sink or swim.. weak ploy by the club.
Yeah you’re right mate stick solid with Montoya he’s a local junior. Should of kept Holland as well. Stick solid with them they were with the club at one point they should be here forever.
Soliddddddd. In the trenchessssss

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that we play the Warriors and Newcastle the next two weeks who are both competing with Canberra for a top 8 spot. The Raiders aren't doing this to help us out, they're trying to make us more competitive so we can maybe help them make the finals.

Once again the NRL has opened a massive can of worms without thinking about the repercussions and how clubs will exploit these rules.
I think it is a coincidence. Raiders and dogs have a decent relationship and their probably the best forward options currently not in anyone's starting 17

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d take horsborough on a permanent basis easy
Even if he’s a sook
He’s got aggression
Line soeed
Actually gives a fcuk
Neat offload and can play big mins

Only injuries have held him back last 12months

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it is a coincidence. Raiders and dogs have a decent relationship and their probably the best forward options currently not in anyone's starting 17
gus actually mentioned it last night on 100% footy
Said he personally called Ricky Stuart to send him players on loan
Didn’t mention their names
This is Gus work
I like

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus and Ricky Stuart are really good friends too.

The Raiders also need to win games and they believe James and Horsburgh aren't in their best 17 (I don't believe that's the case myself from the outside).

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah you’re right mate stick solid with Montoya he’s a local junior. Should of kept Holland as well. Stick solid with them they were with the club at one point they should be here forever.
Soliddddddd. In the trenchessssss
Fk off goose lol. Whats that got to do with what were discussing.
Ive always found u to be a tool. Didnt need further proof.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We didn't have too good a relationship when they refused to give us any players in exchange when they got CHN while he had a few more years on his contract.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We didn't have too good a relationship when they refused to give us any players in exchange when they got CHN while he had a few more years on his contract.
Chn didnt want to be with us anymore. I don't think we really cared about a player swap