Liverpool stadium

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question punters, who's going to pay for a new stadium? The Penrith Stadium refurbishment will be over $300 million, fcuk knows how much a new 40,000 seat stadium would cost, close to $1 billion I would expect. And that was a compromise after a proposal for a new ground was knocked on the head. People can't afford to put food on the table or pay their mortgages at the moment, there's no way the government will be throwing any coin at any new stadiums in Sydney. I'd love us to play in a new stadium but it just ain't happening.
Wrong. Funding wouldn't need to be secured for 3 years by which time rates will be 2% lower and Fed, State & local Govts will be keen to borrow to push for redevelopment of that SW corridor to coincide with the WS Airport. Funding a stadium at Liverpool is a no brainer. Maybe we'd share it with Tigers.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. Funding wouldn't need to be secured for 3 years by which time rates will be 2% lower and Fed, State & local Govts will be keen to borrow to push for redevelopment of that SW corridor to coincide with the WS Airport. Funding a stadium at Liverpool is a no brainer. Maybe we'd share it with Tigers.
Tigers already have 4 home grounds, they don’t need a fifth

NSW govt won’t throw that sort of coin at a new stadium, certainly not out west. Too much unfunded transport infrastructure to take priority

The excuse will be there’s already Homebush, they won’t care that it’s not a good place to watch footy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just remember....You'll never walk alone at Liverpool...or was that...its best not to walk alone at Liverpool...or was it....Liverpool is an area that's a natural fit for Dogs....being in Canterbury Bankstown there's no room to expand our development footprint APART from that SW corridor towards the airopolos.
We'd be CRAZY not to push for a stadium there, for if it's true that Albo wants to throw $600m at he NRL to secure a PNG side, then the NRL and the Fed and State Govts would love an NRL team based at Liverpool to help create excitement for the WS Airport..
Any interest the Feds have in PNG in the NRL is solely related to keeping China’s interests with our neighbours at bay, so the plane station at WSI is an entirely different matter. What everyone seems to be overlooking here is the NSW Govt has already committed $40m to the CoE at Belmore which means the club is staying put for its admin/operations and still has a while to run on its deal for home games at Accor (where we get paid to play there!) If anything the club might use its land at Liverpool for a junior academy/training facility to attract kids and commercial interests such as a hotel or another licensed club which can generate income. I’d say the prospect of a stadium at Liverpool is unlikely.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any interest the Feds have in PNG in the NRL is solely related to keeping China’s interests with our neighbours at bay, so the plane station at WSI is an entirely different matter. What everyone seems to be overlooking here is the NSW Govt has already committed $40m to the CoE at Belmore which means the club is staying put for its admin/operations and still has a while to run on its deal for home games at Accor (where we get paid to play there!) If anything the club might use its land at Liverpool for a junior academy/training facility to attract kids and commercial interests such as a hotel or another licensed club which can generate income. I’d say the prospect of a stadium at Liverpool is unlikely.
It maybe unlikely but unless we find a proper home we will never feel like it did when we did dominate the league in the 80's and 90's. Even a 20-25,000 seat stadium would be a huge advantage for us.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It maybe unlikely but unless we find a proper home we will never feel like it did when we did dominate the league in the 80's and 90's. Even a 20-25,000 seat stadium would be a huge advantage for us.
All comes down to the bucks Baz.
The club can’t afford it and I doubt there’s much appetite in the short term from Macquarie Street after building CommBank and re-building the SFS let alone how much building costs have risen by since The Rona - upgrades to Kogarah and Penrith have been shelved or delayed. Crookvale I think was done by PPP? Would have to find the dough from someone with both enough of it and an interest to make it work - tough assignment as things currently stand I think.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All comes down to the bucks Baz.
The club can’t afford it and I doubt there’s much appetite in the short term from Macquarie Street after building CommBank and re-building the SFS let alone how much building costs have risen by since The Rona - upgrades to Kogarah and Penrith have been shelved or delayed. Crookvale I think was done by PPP? Would have to find the dough from someone with both enough of it and an interest to make it work - tough assignment as things currently stand I think.
Wealth wise we have the capacity, but business wise its better to spend gov money than ours. I still think the Liverpool/Bankstown link fan base wise is a good one and we would be mad not to exploit it. Failing that North Sydney oval is never going to be a Bears home ground anymore so we could ask the guberment to give it to us to play home games.....

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wealth wise we have the capacity, but business wise its better to spend gov money than ours. I still think the Liverpool/Bankstown link fan base wise is a good one and we would be mad not to exploit it. Failing that North Sydney oval is never going to be a Bears home ground anymore so we could ask the guberment to give it to us to play home games.....
Home games at Nth Sydney lol I think we start winning and our fan base will flood any stadium. I would prefer a 30k bulldogs stadium at Livo though

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is part of a political shit show we've been involved in. Basically put:

- Bulldogs opened plans for a new stadium back in 2015. Not just a stadium though. A stadium, plus Leagues club, and some other stuff. Liverpool council rejected it

- Bulldogs approached Liverpool council again with new plans, this time much bigger. A larger stadium, larger Leagues club along with many restaurants and hotels, two full apartment residential areas, parks, etc. A full precinct. $500 million development (which is pretty cheap for something this size). They even offered to allow local Liverpool clubs to play at the stadium for free. Again, Liverpool rejected it

- Liverpool council approached the Bulldogs and Tigers saying that they want a stadium but wouldn't accept the rest of the stuff the Bulldogs want (Leagues club, apartment blocks, restaurants, etc). Bulldogs rejected them

- Bulldogs approached the NSW government (NSW Planning) in an attempt to overrule Liverpool council. This is where we currently are at

This move is likely a political move by Liverpool council. They really don't want the Bulldogs to get their development (due to re-zoning issues), so my guess is that they have approached the Tigers to do a deal that will lock in a new stadium for the Tigers. If that happens, NSW planning are unlikely to overrule the council and that will be the end of the Bulldogs Liverpool project.
I was under the assumption that the Bulldogs own the land.....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was under the assumption that the Bulldogs own the land.....
Yep, but the Council can reject any development plans if they believe they have good reason, regardless of who owns the land.

Reactions: ATT

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been west of Parra of late?
Perchance, have you visited Livo @ night?
The place is a dump.
Even staff at a prominent 5-star hotel chain don't want to work there in their new skyscraper.
The latest facilities are not even encouraging enough to work there for the staff.

The last thing we want, or need, is for our players immersed in that environment as well.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick question punters, who's going to pay for a new stadium? The Penrith Stadium refurbishment will be over $300 million, fcuk knows how much a new 40,000 seat stadium would cost, close to $1 billion I would expect. And that was a compromise after a proposal for a new ground was knocked on the head. People can't afford to put food on the table or pay their mortgages at the moment, there's no way the government will be throwing any coin at any new stadiums in Sydney. I'd love us to play in a new stadium but it just ain't happening.
State and Federal governments have to be careful they're not seen as elitist, only funding winning teams and teams from the east.
They continue to neglect the south west at their peril on election day.
A lot of voters will not forgive them for funding multiple other teams, yet neglecting us!

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont like the idea of Liverpool. If we relocate, I would prefer the Central Coast.
I'm still a strong advocate for the Canterbury Bankstown area, with The Crest the ideal location with appropriate development.
Livo Council just wants a new stadium without paying for it or compromising with the party building it to ensure that is it a viable venture for both parties.
Livo residents need to see this for what it is and vote out the scum lording over the region.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont like the idea of Liverpool. If we relocate, I would prefer the Central Coast.
Liverpool is not a relocation anymore than Homebush is (which is outside our "region")
It is already part of our Junior League; in the LGA (ever heard of the Moorebank Rams? Hammondville?)

Liverpool, strategically, is "S" Tier; expands upon our natural growth corridor and into the Southwest's natural growth for the next 10-20 years (which consolidates our future).

Further, it snookers "Wests", who don't really want the outer-Southwest anyway (their heart is Balmain, and maybe, Ashfield).

So, it becomes our helpful duty to help them on their way to embrace their inner-city bias and expedite their very short journey to relocation (Perth Tigers anyone? - 3 "home" games at Leichhardt, the rest at "Optus".)

This should have happened decades ago (Stardome?) - that it still hasn't happened is a failure of strategic leadership. That has to change or eventually (maybe not tomorrow, but...) we might be calling "Optus" home instead.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed Liverpool Moorebank through to Auburn out Hurlstone Park out to Camden let’s make the whole area our juniors :sweatsmile: Feed it all to our new Football HQ and Stadium in Liverpool … Dogs Leagues club and Belmore will remain our spiritual place and the Bulldogs NWRL home stadium…
Keep growing and expanding and we will be the envy of the West…

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of this is a complete farce and sideshow.

Develop at good scouting network like the Storm with an elite coach head coach with pathways to first grade. You can attract the best talent from anywhere in the country, you don't need a stadium presence in Liverpool it is farcical.