Liverpool stadium

Bulldog Bloke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought it was, remember reading we were looking at doing a smaller version of the stardome project from the early 2000’s in Liverpool, I actually thought the dogs had acquired the land to do it….

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's for the good for our club to do.

Most Bulldogs fans don't go to current matches anyway, Homebush would be packed if that was the case. Start now, create a good home ground atmosphere, better for the fans and players.

Bulldogs admin has to get it going before they miss the boat. Don't wait till we're successful again because the NRL is evolving, a Sydney team could get relocated, who knows what the future brings, create our own future.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s our land. If they want it they have to give us 40-50 mil.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's literally down ,off, Canterbury road.
It's not foreign area, some of our juniors come from around that area.

Before it grew, Liverpool was part of the Canterbury Bankstown

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it's not Belmore it's not Bulldogs!
Bullshit that's not true. Leagues club can stay there and training too.
The new stadium could have a 'memories lane', statues of past greats, create new memories while cherishing the past, have an open trophy room, etc.

The club is bigger than a handful of people walking down the road from their flats. You should be thinking for those fans past, now, and 50 years on. Respect the history while making the club bigger and better instead of being another St George stuck in the past

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bullshit that's not true. Leagues club can stay there and training too.
The new stadium could have a 'memories lane', statues of past greats, create new memories while cherishing the past, have an open trophy room, etc.

The club is bigger than a handful of people walking down the road from their flats. You should be thinking for those fans past, now, and 50 years on. Respect the history while making the club bigger and better instead of being another St George stuck in the past
If a stadium makes the club bigger what is going on at the Roosters?

Our club is built off of values and the people within the four walls. A new stadium is just a distraction.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If a stadium makes the club bigger what is going on at the Roosters?

Our club is built off of values and the people within the four walls. A new stadium is just a distraction.
It's definitely a helping factor, not the sole reason.
I don't need to write a thesis on it. Just refer to examples of big teams in big leagues, teams evolving, improvements and teams growing into big teams

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is part of a political shit show we've been involved in. Basically put:

- Bulldogs opened plans for a new stadium back in 2015. Not just a stadium though. A stadium, plus Leagues club, and some other stuff. Liverpool council rejected it

- Bulldogs approached Liverpool council again with new plans, this time much bigger. A larger stadium, larger Leagues club along with many restaurants and hotels, two full apartment residential areas, parks, etc. A full precinct. $500 million development (which is pretty cheap for something this size). They even offered to allow local Liverpool clubs to play at the stadium for free. Again, Liverpool rejected it

- Liverpool council approached the Bulldogs and Tigers saying that they want a stadium but wouldn't accept the rest of the stuff the Bulldogs want (Leagues club, apartment blocks, restaurants, etc). Bulldogs rejected them

- Bulldogs approached the NSW government (NSW Planning) in an attempt to overrule Liverpool council. This is where we currently are at

This move is likely a political move by Liverpool council. They really don't want the Bulldogs to get their development (due to re-zoning issues), so my guess is that they have approached the Tigers to do a deal that will lock in a new stadium for the Tigers. If that happens, NSW planning are unlikely to overrule the council and that will be the end of the Bulldogs Liverpool project.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is part of a political shit show we've been involved in. Basically put:

- Bulldogs opened plans for a new stadium back in 2015. Not just a stadium though. A stadium, plus Leagues club, and some other stuff. Liverpool council rejected it

- Bulldogs approached Liverpool council again with new plans, this time much bigger. A larger stadium, larger Leagues club along with many restaurants and hotels, two full apartment residential areas, parks, etc. A full precinct. $500 million development (which is pretty cheap for something this size). They even offered to allow local Liverpool clubs to play at the stadium for free. Again, Liverpool rejected it

- Liverpool council approached the Bulldogs and Tigers saying that they want a stadium but wouldn't accept the rest of the stuff the Bulldogs want (Leagues club, apartment blocks, restaurants, etc). Bulldogs rejected them

- Bulldogs approached the NSW government (NSW Planning) in an attempt to overrule Liverpool council. This is where we currently are at

This move is likely a political move by Liverpool council. They really don't want the Bulldogs to get their development (due to re-zoning issues), so my guess is that they have approached the Tigers to do a deal that will lock in a new stadium for the Tigers. If that happens, NSW planning are unlikely to overrule the council and that will be the end of the Bulldogs Liverpool project.
But isn’t the land ours?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But isn’t the land ours?
We have land in Liverpool. Approximately 80,000 sqm. But we can't do what we want unless it passes DA, which requires Liverpool council to sign off on it. The main caveat we have is that we need to re-zone the land to allow for entertainment, sporting and residential. Currently it's just residential. If we can't get it re-zoned, then we can't do anything.

If Liverpool council and Tigers make a deal, it won't be on our land unless we sell it to them. They will find another plot to develop on.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have land in Liverpool. Approximately 80,000 sqm. But we can't do what we want unless it passes DA, which requires Liverpool council to sign off on it. The main caveat we have is that we need to re-zone the land to allow for entertainment, sporting and residential. Currently it's just residential. If we can't get it re-zoned, then we can't do anything.

If Liverpool council and Tigers make a deal, it won't be on our land unless we sell it to them. They will find another plot to develop on.
I thought the proposed land the Tigers are talking about was ours. All around the Whitlam

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I remember maybe 20 years ago Dog were rejected to build a stadium n club there

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the proposed land the Tigers are talking about was ours. All around the Whitlam
Could be. If it turns out that we have no chance of getting our planned development, then we would just offload the land to the Tigers and probably get decent compensation from the NSW government. But it's more likely that we will fight it and keep it locked up.

In all likelihood, no one will get a Liverpool stadium any time soon. I think we'll still be talking about this for the next decade.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I remember maybe 20 years ago Dog were rejected to build a stadium n club there
First one I know of was 2015, but we probably had plans from a fair while back. I remember when we upgraded Belmore, during the early discussions there were plans to relocate instead of upgrading.