Liverpool stadium

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gov can acquire it if they want it for housing. Gov pay developers to build housing and if they can all make it work, tigers could get a free stadium?
Minns is a Dogs supporter and I suspect wise enough to know what we fans are like.
It would cost him the next election and likely seats that are considered safe seats if he did that.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue Liverpool council has is that it requires not only re-zoning of the land, but they need to change the Liverpool environmental and development policies. The main reasons being that Liverpool doesn't have precinct development allowance, and they don't allow for buildings over 21 metres.

The planned development by the Bulldogs includes 10 buildings with most of them over 21 metres, and at least one building would be 77 metres.

If the policies were changed to allow this, then Liverpool would be flooded with requests for skyscrapers.
Meriton Liverpool is 32 storeys alone.
There are multiple other 10+ storey buildings littering the skyscape already.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It would have to be on another plot, as if they approve the rezoning for the Tigers, yet not us, our legal team would be licking their lips like an alpha predator that's just trapped their prey in a corner.
They wouldn't worry about it. Rezoning residential land for sports is pretty simple. Bit harder if it's commercial sports (NRL stadium as example), but it's still pretty simple.

The Bulldogs rezoning was much more difficult. They wanted multipurpose rezoning including high density residential over 3 times the legal limit in Liverpool, plus commercial and sports in the same zone.

Like all development approval though, it comes down to the whim of the people. Liverpool fear overpopulation and gentrification. A stadium brings temporary traffic to Liverpool. Multiple residential towers brings traffic flooding and market issues.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meriton Liverpool is 32 storeys alone.
There are multiple other 10+ storey buildings littering the skyscape already.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I don't mean the whole of Liverpool council district. I mean the specific area.

Development zoning varies by area (residential, high density residential, industrial, commercial, high density commercial, etc)

The area that Bulldogs hold the land and want to build is low density residential. It's a housing area and low level apartment (sub-23 level) area.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They wouldn't worry about it. Rezoning residential land for sports is pretty simple. Bit harder if it's commercial sports (NRL stadium as example), but it's still pretty simple.

The Bulldogs rezoning was much more difficult. They wanted multipurpose rezoning including high density residential over 3 times the legal limit in Liverpool, plus commercial and sports in the same zone.

Like all development approval though, it comes down to the whim of the people. Liverpool fear overpopulation and gentrification. A stadium brings temporary traffic to Liverpool. Multiple residential towers brings traffic flooding and market issues.
Understandable, yet there are already multiple residential towers within easy walking distance from the proposed location.
The area has recreational (Whitlam Leisure Centre, Woodward Park, Netball courts, Hiller Oval, Kyokushin Karate Budo Dojo), residential 15+ storey buildings (Liberty Tower, Latrel Estate, The Hoxton, multiple Aland projects), and commercial interests (Collingwood Hotel, Ambulance, City Band, Pathology, Girl Guides, Preschool, Autism Support, Meals on Wheels, Return and Earn, Liverpool Netball Association, Liverpool SES, Bottle shop, Car yards, Bob Jane, Metal polishing, Life Long Memorabilia, Fast food, Car washes, Car hire, service station, and the list goes on) in the immediate surrounds, so a mixed zone would actually compliment the surrounding mix of residential, commercial and recreational facilities.
It would extend the city into surrounding areas, increasing access to facilities in that area, and improving access to further facilities for immediate and surrounding areas while providing more sorely needed high-density accommodation close to the city centre.
Doing so provides the benefit of increasing the city size without requiring extensive upgrades needed with low-density sprawl.
Liverpool Council appears to have lost the plot.

EDIT - typo's/spelling

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I don't mean the whole of Liverpool council district. I mean the specific area.

Development zoning varies by area (residential, high density residential, industrial, commercial, high density commercial, etc)

The area that Bulldogs hold the land and want to build is low density residential. It's a housing area and low level apartment (sub-23 level) area.
All good.
Clarification makes sense of what you were seeking to share.
Still, it is something that could and should be questioned considering the surrounding high-rise residential buildings on immediately adjacent blocks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Understandable, yet there are already multiple residential towers within easy walking distance from the proposed location.
The area has recreational (Whitlam Leisure Centre, Woodward Park, Netball courts, Hiller Oval, Kyokushin Karate Budo Dojo), residential 15+ storey buildings (Liberty Tower, Latrel Estate, The Hoxton, multiple Aland projects), and commercial interests (Collingwood Hotel, Ambulance, City Band, Pathology, Girl Guides, Preschool, Autism Support, Meals on Wheels, Return and Earn, Liverpool Netball Association, Liverpool SES, Bottle shop, Car yards, Bob Jane, Petal polising, Life Long Memrobilia, Fast food, Car washes, Car hire, service station, and the list goes on) in the immediate surrounds, so a mixed zone would actually compliment the surrounding mix of residential, commercial and recreational facilities.
It would extend the city into surrounding areas, increasing access to facilities in that area, and improving access to further facilities for immediate and surrounding areas while providing more sorely needed high-density accommodation close to the city centre.
Doing so provides the benefit of increasing the city size without requiring extensive upgrades needed with low-density sprawl.
Liverpool Council appears to have lost the plot.
It's definitely annoying. But I'm just pointing out that one of the official reasons our DA was rejected was due to multiple buildings being over the allowed height in this zoned area.

The actual ruling was that the land we have is zoned for housing residential (low density) to a maximum of 21 metres (not stories). Couldn't even build a small apartment block there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Minns is a Dogs supporter and I suspect wise enough to know what we fans are like.
It would cost him the next election and likely seats that are considered safe seats if he did that.
Labor going to lose the next state election either way

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's definitely annoying. But I'm just pointing out that one of the official reasons our DA was rejected was due to multiple buildings being over the allowed height in this zoned area.

The actual ruling was that the land we have is zoned for housing residential (low density) to a maximum of 21 metres (not stories). Couldn't even build a small apartment block there.
Appears all parties agree that Liverpool Council are idiots!

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets hope , they allow for car parking , unlike the shit show at Parramatta.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appears all parties agree that Liverpool Council are idiots!
Well what liverpool council and the club need to do is meet and come to an agreement. Liverpool should rezone that area to accommodate what needs to be done instead of playing hard ball with what the club has submitted. Liverpool is a city if it wants to grow more and be up there then work with the club and get this done. It will more than likely be rezoned in future so just get it done now then later.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue Liverpool council has is that it requires not only re-zoning of the land, but they need to change the Liverpool environmental and development policies. The main reasons being that Liverpool doesn't have precinct development allowance, and they don't allow for buildings over 21 metres.

The planned development by the Bulldogs includes 10 buildings with most of them over 21 metres, and at least one building would be 77 metres.

If the policies were changed to allow this, then Liverpool would be flooded with requests for skyscrapers.
Funny that there actually is a couple skyscraper residential unit blocks in Liverpool already. It’s going to take someone with foresight and vision for the city to rubber stamp the dogs proposal.

Last edited:

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Minns might be a dogs supporter, but come GF he was going for the Broncos. He couldn’t even support a NSW team let alone our feeder team.

Reactions: ATT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know the situation now. But supposedly when the original proposal for the Oasis project was put through, a number of the Liverpool council also had roles with the Liverpool RSL club and allegedly rejected the development proposal then because we planned to have competing poker machines.

I can't see why this keeps getting rejected. Just taking into account the additional rates and taxes the apartments would generate is surely a boost for Liverpool. You'd think they'd be keen as mustard for this to proceed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know the situation now. But supposedly when the original proposal for the Oasis project was put through, a number of the Liverpool council also had roles with the Liverpool RSL club and allegedly rejected the development proposal then because we planned to have competing poker machines.

I can't see why this keeps getting rejected. Just taking into account the additional rates and taxes the apartments would generate is surely a boost for Liverpool. You'd think they'd be keen as mustard for this to proceed.
Always back self interest.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahh, so conflict of interest and should have abstained from the vote.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool is ripe for us I reckon… would be a good move if done correctly
Agree if done correctly it would be great. Unfortunately doing it properly would be next to no chance.

Doing it properly would involve massive infrastructure independent of any stadium.

Roads in around the precinct would need to be done. Adequate parking with good access would be required. Public transport would need to be put in place.

Another leagues club built as part of the project would also be a huge plus.

Realistically however a joint project between the Dogs & Tigers would be the only chance of getting something of this scope off the ground.

Reactions: ATT