Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No, I’m not saying Hoppa and Montoya are more dangerous. I’m saying Foran hardly got any ball from Lichaa because he doesn’t know how to pass left to right.
Plus don’t think the Morris’ are as dangerous as you think.
If Lichaa is still there next week I would like to see Foran switch with JMK.
Also, not sure where you get this left side is where all the champions played. You will find most average footballers mainly pass right to left hence why the ball goes left most times.
Great players like Ricky Stuart and Andrew Johns could play both sides of the ruck.
Do you read your own posts? If teams predominately pass right to left guess which side their best players are on? I'll give you a hint it's not the right. That was precisely my point. Every team in the comp scores more tries on the left than the right. It logically follows most of their attack is down the left side. Conversely that means most of our defence is on the right. So you would expect them to miss more tackles. You've named two players both of which predominately played on the left and there are a thousand others who are left side players. You would be lucky to find 50 top class players on the right. That's the nature of right handed humans v left handed ones. Where have most of our tries been scored this year and every other year? How many tries have the Morris' scored in their career? Inglis? Gasnier? All of the guns have played left side. Some of them have the ability to go both ways but they still are left sided players.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason our halves are ineffective is because of the slow service from lichha ,the extra second or 2 he takes allows the defence to be all over our attack,ive been a lichha supporter but he needs to go we need fast service

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still having a cry over Cook huh...
No, I just cringe every time our opponents run their forwards at him and roll right through us.

I also cringe every time he delivers the ball in slow motion and our forwards and halves get pounded.

Lichaa was a myth at junior level, and is a myth now. Would be in the bottom 2 hookers in the comp.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s 90kg that’s not a big body and when you have another hooker on the field it makes the pack tiny. He hasn’t really shown himself to be some expert ball player either. The front row will have to work over time to compensate for his lack of hit ups too the ball playing lock is a thing of the past now. If he can’t get into the team being a hooker he doesn’t deserve to be in the team.
id like to think the ball playing lock is still alive and well. J.Trobojevic, DeBelin, Merrin (at prop ATM), E.Taylor on a good day.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem here is the lack of true quality players to replace Lichaa or any other player in first grade (thanks Hasler & Cleal).
I agree Lichaa's problem is his inability to spark the attack because of his damaged shoulders ( again thank you Des )
Question 1 what would you do if you are in Lichaa's shoes, selected to play would you say no to that ?
He might not be liked by some but has always given his best...

We all are entitled to our opinions but Lichaa deserve more respect than he has been getting.
The Bulldogs jersey deserve more respect.
Question 2 Are we honestly and properly assessing all players that could replace him?
As much as I like all players to succeed, let's have a close look at them individually

* JMK...great defense good running game no organizing skills
* Lewis...great defense average organizing attack ( he is not even the reserve half WHY ? )
* Cleeland...bad defense good attack goes missing in action
* Frawley...bad defense hot and cold in attack
* Brown...Has the spark in attack but his defense is questionable ( candidate )
* Woolford...when fit brilliant attack ordinary defense (maybe future half ? )
Certain people have a hateful attitude and agendas towards Lichaa while they are very happy protecting a lot more worse players, those people seems to congregate with their hateful opinions on the Kennel that it self is wrong
To those people you are not true Canterbury supporters your selfish and EVIL !!!
Lichaa deserves at least a spot on the bench !!!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem here is the lack of true quality players to replace Lichaa or any other player in first grade (thanks Hasler & Cleal).
I agree Lichaa's problem is his inability to spark the attack because of his damaged shoulders ( again thank you Des )
Question 1 what would you do if you are in Lichaa's shoes, selected to play would you say no to that ?
He might not be liked by some but has always given his best...

We all are entitled to our opinions but Lichaa deserve more respect than he has been getting.
The Bulldogs jersey deserve more respect.
Question 2 Are we honestly and properly assessing all players that could replace him?
As much as I like all players to succeed, let's have a close look at them individually

* JMK...great defense good running game no organizing skills
* Lewis...great defense average organizing attack ( he is not even the reserve half WHY ? )
* Cleeland...bad defense good attack goes missing in action
* Frawley...bad defense hot and cold in attack
* Brown...Has the spark in attack but his defense is questionable ( candidate )
* Woolford...when fit brilliant attack ordinary defense (maybe future half ? )
Certain people have a hateful attitude and agendas towards Lichaa while they are very happy protecting a lot more worse players, those people seems to congregate with their hateful opinions on the Kennel that it self is wrong
To those people you are not true Canterbury supporters your selfish and EVIL !!!
Lichaa deserves at least a spot on the bench !!!
Not being a dick but another passionate supporter that seems to not understand the game.
Not sure that it's selfish to ask to drop one player is way out of his depth so the team have a much better chance of winning.
Like someone on here just yeaterday said K. Pritchard was the only hooker worse than Lichaa.
I think this assumption was made just because the Eels were win-less. K. Pritchard is a thousand times better than Lichaa.
Not that it needed to be proven but the proof is on Fox right now.
I still haven't seen any Lichaa lovers name a worse hooker in the NRL and they do not obviously understand the importance of passing out of DH.
I wish he was a superstar and he might be a nice guy but he is honestly the worse hooker I have EVER seen. That will never change.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not being a dick but another passionate supporter that seems to not understand the game.
Not sure that it's selfish to ask to drop one player is way out of his depth so the team have a much better chance of winning.
Like someone on here just yeaterday said K. Pritchard was the only hooker worse than Lichaa.
I think this assumption was made just because the Eels were win-less. K. Pritchard is a thousand times better than Lichaa.
Not that it needed to be proven but the proof is on Fox right now.
I still haven't seen any Lichaa lovers name a worse hooker in the NRL and they do not obviously understand the importance of passing out of DH.
I wish he was a superstar and he might be a nice guy but he is honestly the worse hooker I have EVER seen. That will never change.
I would rather Mitch Rein, hell even that clown Beau Fallon atm hell lets keep going dick biter Anthony Watts lol

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At what point do the halves cop blame?
How can they be blamed if they never get good ball from the 9? Lichaa does nothing except take a step or two forward then passes it to anyone near him. He also cannot alleviate the Halves with any sort of kicking.

If he was playing the running game he did when looking for a contract, we would not be blaming him at all because he played extremely well. But he is still playing desball.

JMK is a young bloke new to 1st grade. Foran is still carrying a spine injury but still runs harder than our forwards in some games (Raiders game for e.g, in the opp.20).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a pity woolford had these injuries his service looked very good

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many tries have the Morris' scored in their career? Inglis? Gasnier? All of the guns have played left side. Some of them have the ability to go both ways but they still are left sided players.
Just to let you know Gasnier was an out and out right side centre.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue is i have a feeling pay aint making any changes ,hell wanna be careful if things don’t improve he could be a 1 season coach

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason our halves are ineffective is because of the slow service from lichha ,the extra second or 2 he takes allows the defence to be all over our attack,ive been a lichha supporter but he needs to go we need fast service
His service plus our forwards don’t play the call quickly it allows defenses to get set and then they can rush with lichaas slow service it just compounds the problem

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
If he passes 1/2 second faster - our backs don’t get swamped by the defence before they can step or pass - that makes a massive difference! One player can stifle our attack, single handedly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.