Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you read your own posts? If teams predominately pass right to left guess which side their best players are on? I'll give you a hint it's not the right. That was precisely my point. Every team in the comp scores more tries on the left than the right. It logically follows most of their attack is down the left side. Conversely that means most of our defence is on the right. So you would expect them to miss more tackles. You've named two players both of which predominately played on the left and there are a thousand others who are left side players. You would be lucky to find 50 top class players on the right. That's the nature of right handed humans v left handed ones. Where have most of our tries been scored this year and every other year? How many tries have the Morris' scored in their career? Inglis? Gasnier? All of the guns have played left side. Some of them have the ability to go both ways but they still are left sided players.
You will find Morris played every Origin game at Right Centre.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you read your own posts? If teams predominately pass right to left guess which side their best players are on? I'll give you a hint it's not the right. That was precisely my point. Every team in the comp scores more tries on the left than the right. It logically follows most of their attack is down the left side. Conversely that means most of our defence is on the right. So you would expect them to miss more tackles. You've named two players both of which predominately played on the left and there are a thousand others who are left side players. You would be lucky to find 50 top class players on the right. That's the nature of right handed humans v left handed ones. Where have most of our tries been scored this year and every other year? How many tries have the Morris' scored in their career? Inglis? Gasnier? All of the guns have played left side. Some of them have the ability to go both ways but they still are left sided players.
You're portraying that you have a clue about Rugby League.

How can you say all tries a predominantly on the left? Does that mean teams don't need a left sided defence?

Who do you think was the highest try scorer of last year? Vunivalu that's who. Guess where he plays? Right side! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At what point do the halves cop blame?
You can’t hlsme the halves for killing momentum when it’s dead before the ball gets to them. Lichaa needs to be more decisive and crisper in his service.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is i have a feeling pay aint making any changes ,hell wanna be careful if things don’t improve he could be a 1 season coach
Why would he make any changes to an improving team?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this adds anything to the debate, but didn't Morris play right side defence because Inglis was always playing left side in attach, and Daley wanted Morris marking up on him?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this adds anything to the debate, but didn't Morris play right side defence because Inglis was always playing left side in attach, and Daley wanted Morris marking up on him?
Of course it adds nothing to the debate. But it certainly counters the ridiculous argument that all the superstars and all the tries are scored down the left.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes he did play out of position at right centre one year and he even played out of position with us one year. Don't recall us winning the origin that year or the comp though.....Morris is a career left centre and his brother a career left winger. That's it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're portraying that you have a clue about Rugby League.

How can you say all tries a predominantly on the left? Does that mean teams don't need a left sided defence?

Who do you think was the highest try scorer of last year? Vunivalu that's who. Guess where he plays? Right side! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
What so your entire argument is based on what one player did last year and apparently I know nothing about league. For starters have a look at how many tries the LEFT SIDE of a footy team scores week in and week out and compare it to the RIGHT SIDE. You do know what the difference between predominately and entirely is don't you? BTW Ado Carr has scored 7 tries this year and Vainuvulu only 5. You don't have to like the fact that left sides of footy teams score more tries than the right but that doesn't make it any less the truth.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course it adds nothing to the debate. But it certainly counters the ridiculous argument that all the superstars and all the tries are scored down the left.
No what's ridiculous is that you do not have the mental capacity to understand something more complex than a powerball ticket. Did you not read the bit where I said PREDOMINATELY or the part where I said there are 1000 examples of the left side being the strongest side and only 50. You do know that 50 is greater than NONE don't you. Happy to have a debate on issues but at least be prepared to read what people write before you go off like a $3 hooker.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were Pay, based on our season to date, our current roster & junior woes, this would be my team for next round;

1. Hoppa. Pushes up and ball plays and can catch a ball.
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Mbye Push him to front line so he has to be involved and use the talents he possesses but doesn't currently use
5. Holland Competent but no world beater
6. Lewis Cant understand why this kid isnt being given a crack. He isnt fast but he has footy instinct and you cant coach that
7. Foran Has to move to HB to accommodate Lewis
8. Woods
9. Brown Fast with instinct. would spark our attack
10. Klemmer
11.Jackson tempted to play him lock but Lichaa can go 80 and can tackle
12. RFM
13. Lichaa (When Tolman return put him in & lichaa to reserve grade)

14. Eastwood
15. JMK (backup half/hooker)
16. Fine
17. Anyone but Fualalo & Tualau. They have had their shot and are not 1st grade material.
Agree with most of your calls,one of the few things that Hasler did last year is josh Jackson to 5/8 and it worked well,for the time he was there,but for whatever’s reason he put him back to the forwards,remember Gary Hughes one of the slowest 5/8 ever,but he read a game very well,

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No what's ridiculous is that you do not have the mental capacity to understand something more complex than a powerball ticket. Did you not read the bit where I said PREDOMINATELY or the part where I said there are 1000 examples of the left side being the strongest side and only 50. You do know that 50 is greater than NONE don't you. Happy to have a debate on issues but at least be prepared to read what people write before you go off like a $3 hooker.
Where have you plucked 1000 to 50 numbers? That is so far fetched its not funny. If you go back through Melbourne's last ten years you will see that the right side produces more tries than the left side every year. Its the way Cronk Smith and Slater prefer. There goes your theory in one team.
By the way Morris didn't play Origin on the right for only one year. He played on the right every year.
Also, a powerball ticket is pretty complex.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he passes 1/2 second faster - our backs don’t get swamped by the defence before they can step or pass - that makes a massive difference! One player can stifle our attack, single handedly
I'd agree to a certain point. But it's not all on Lichaa. I don't see any movement from our team until the ball has left Lichaa. I watch other teams and they have a lot more players in motion as the dummy half passes. We tend to react after Lichaa passes. The amount of times Klemmer and co. get the ball flat footed is crazy.
I know Melbourne are top of the pile but if you watch how they move once the play the ball begins its great. It has to come down to coaching. Everyone seems to know where to go and it is crisp most times. I concede it comes from Cameron Smith and we will never have a Hooker that good but surely we can at least get our guys getting the ball with momentum. Tolman was another example of a player receiving the ball standing still and then trying to gather up a head of steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.