Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question. Was Burton better this year for us than Lewis would’ve been?
Burton has a MUCH higher ceiling Uleh but on the surface and reality of it Lewis would have been better.
Better defender, kicking is 50/50 and has hood vision in passing it.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger and Lewis, proof the Dogs have no patience in the halves, give them three years then if they dont respond to what a short kicking game is.
I think you could just about take any NSW Cup std half, and he would look good in that Penrith team. Same as when Storm were at their peak some years back. Several of their “stars” were found out badly at other clubs, when they were not surrounded by Cronk/Slater/Smith/Inglis.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you could just about take any NSW Cup std half, and he would look good in that Penrith team. Same as when Storm were at their peak some years back. Several of their “stars” were found out badly at other clubs, when they were not surrounded by Cronk/Slater/Smith/Inglis.
Or we are just plain unlucky to have dunderheads in Cogger, Lewis and Flanagan who could never be trained in little trouble maker with the ball attitude.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to agree!!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger is now a premiership winner and played a huge role in the Panthers come back, No idea how Lewis got picked ahead of him, always thought Cogger was better but wasn't given a fair go.
If he was given twice as many games at the Bulldogs, do you think he would have developed?
Personally I dont think so.
I cant remember the last time we developed a gun spine player.
Looking at it bluntly, I think the best thing the Dogs did for his development was let him go.
Hopefully those years are behind us, only time will tell.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was given twice as many games at the Bulldogs, do you think he would have developed?
Personally I dont think so.
I cant remember the last time we developed a gun spine player.
Looking at it bluntly, I think the best thing the Dogs did for his development was let him go.
Hopefully those years are behind us, only time will tell.
Our track record of development is a disaster, I'd say since 2013 onwards (thanks Todd Greenturd & Co) the development has been cooked. Barba is the last elite spine player. We had Reed Mahoney in our systems and even screwed that one up.

The shock to me is that for being so badly run we still had enough fight due to the leadership of Jackson to avoid multiple spoons.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have got Cogger back. He wouldn't have cost much. Could have been the organising 7 we need. Then have Luai outside him

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our track record of development is a disaster, I'd say since 2013 onwards (thanks Todd Greenturd & Co) the development has been cooked. Barba is the last elite spine player. We had Reed Mahoney in our systems and even screwed that one up.

The shock to me is that for being so badly run we still had enough fight due to the leadership of Jackson to avoid multiple spoons.
Yeah its been pretty dismal for years. Avo in the Storm system the last 3 years probably would have excelled.
Its one thing to buy juniors, its another to manage, develop and transition them through the grades to first grade over the years.
Thats why I was happy when we signed Gus who has the experince to help us get back to where we belong.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have got Cogger back. He wouldn't have cost much. Could have been the organising 7 we need. Then have Luai outside him
A cogger luai combo would be horrible.
Luai is overrated and a horrible human
He is the last player I ever want to see at our club.
He would absolutely offer us nothing but bad headlines in the papers.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A cogger luai combo would be horrible.
Luai is overrated and a horrible human
He is the last player I ever want to see at our club.
He would absolutely offer us nothing but bad headlines in the papers.
Most on here don't like Luai and I agree but if we can't get Dearden we might have to go with Luai because we have a good chance of getting him with his connections to Ciraldo and other ex teammates. He has potential to be a 7

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most on here don't like Luai and I agree but if we can't get Dearden we might have to go with Luai because we have a good chance of getting him with his connections to Ciraldo and other ex teammates. He has potential to be a 7
No he doesn't sheeeeeeeeesssh.
And the Kennel is almost unanimous in opposition about recruiting that Pos and rightly so. Hopefully some alternate opportunities present themselves in the mean time