Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
I did not see lewis on weekend i hope he played well and is improving for canterburys sake and ours. But not sold on him yet, everyone was wrapping him in trials cause he threw the last pass for a couple of tries. Yes both passes didnt hit the mark rolled around on the ground for a while till someone got there to pick up themselves and took off to score the try themselves. Hardly try assists, and his kicking was terrible. But i hope hes getting better cause we desperately need a couple of em to come thru. It worries me is 23 and still hasnt done alot. Cleeland is 27 or something, ment to be in his prime, so where seen best of him so cut him. If b wakehom is any good play him in first grade, if not good enough cut him. A bit harsh but u can only have one reserve grade side not 2. The champions we have let go over the years we shouldnt get gun shy now

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely if the NRL boyz don't produce this week then blooding the ISP boyz is on the cards?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did not see lewis on weekend i hope he played well and is improving for canterburys sake and ours. But not sold on him yet, everyone was wrapping him in trials cause he threw the last pass for a couple of tries. Yes both passes didnt hit the mark rolled around on the ground for a while till someone got there to pick up themselves and took off to score the try themselves. Hardly try assists, and his kicking was terrible. But i hope hes getting better cause we desperately need a couple of em to come thru. It worries me is 23 and still hasnt done alot. Cleeland is 27 or something, ment to be in his prime, so where seen best of him so cut him. If b wakehom is any good play him in first grade, if not good enough cut him. A bit harsh but u can only have one reserve grade side not 2. The champions we have let go over the years we shouldnt get gun shy now
Lewis had a good game on the weekend. He smashed three guys so hungry in defence. They were sending most the attack towards his side but stood up. Even the commentators were saying they should attack his opposite side because there wasting there time. Paul Gallen had a good wrap on his defence. His got mongrel this kid we lack it in first grade. Haven’t had it for years now.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely if the NRL boyz don't produce this week then blooding the ISP boyz is on the cards?
Agree with u there, hopefully there are a few changes for this week

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened to big Sandy from Quirindi?
You can't blood a bloke for five minutes.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JT was playing in a first grand final at what 20? please a very poor comarison
poor comparison? JT was skinny at the time when he played for us including that grand final.. what's stopping Lewis from showing his talent and skill just like JT did. Many thought of JT as a 'nothing' player because of his size at the time and look at him now doing wonders.

Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Lewis has had some good games this year but it is too early to be blooding him this year. He will be under a mountain of pressure to perform and for what? We aren't making any noise this year. Give him a crack later in the year when he can play his natural game under less pressure and potentially with a team that is growing some confidence

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis has had some good games this year but it is too early to be blooding him this year. He will be under a mountain of pressure to perform and for what? We aren't making any noise this year. Give him a crack later in the year when he can play his natural game under less pressure and potentially with a team that is growing some confidence
I believe this is his third year correct me if I am wrong, someone also said on this thread that his contract is up this year. For me his ready, later on in the year maybe to late for our club. I haven’t seen a bulldogs player for ages with so much mongrel as I said before. ISP is much better to watch then FG sorry to say. But some of the games we lost we were unlucky in a few so to me there a better side than last year just like a few ISP guys like Lewis to get a run. Just like to see the dogs competitive.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The game was actually on channel 9 last weekend, Better watching then our first grade team that's for sure.

At this point I'm happy to keep Foran & Mbye and scrap the team and let the entire ISP team play no shit. Its obviously we need to gut the lot and start the Knights or Dragons way they did several years ago. A player or 2 a year isn't getting us anywhere.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did as well actually but have learnt since that these guys will prove themselves when given the chance. Thurston got his chance everyone wrote him off ask the doggies in charge then. Look where this guy got to. If we don’t give Lewis a go in 1st someone else will then we will be saying another one got away.
How true my friend , how true.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FMD the stupidity and inability to recognise good or shit players is ridiculous on this site..

You would think Lewis is the messiah the way u carry on about a shit reserve grade centre.

This thread reminds me of when u idiots jizzed all over your faces over Brad Abbey... Lewis is fucking shit.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT was playing in a first grand final at what 20? please a very poor comarison
I guess you mean comparison??? Well actually it is a good comparison which dogsdayout alluded to, JT at the age of 20 was a skinny kid with a slight build, much like Lewis. He had talent and showed plenty of heart but the fact is he was still a boy playing in amongst men. The fact that JT played in our Premiership winning Grandfinal of 2004 says nothing more other than he was lucky to be given an opportunity by Steve Folkes to play First Grade Footy. The rest is history. Every player that pulls on a pair of footy boots surely aspire to become First Grade players, some make it, others don't, while some players make it but really don't belong in First Grade. But they all have one thing in common they all wait and dream about making their debut for their club whether it is in their late teens or even in their late 20's. Lewis deserves a shot at First Grade as much as JT did. In short dogsdayout's post was quite valid and you are just splitting hairs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Martin is the guy that needs to be promoted especially if JJ is out. His last three games have been very good including his numbers from last start

I would promote Cleeland on the basis he has a strong combination with Martin and both would benefit from the familiarity in their respective debuts

Lewis is a future first grader in waiting and can now cover centre so adds a string to his bow and will get his opportunity sooner rather than later

Pay needs to ring a couple changes just to shake out the existing funk. Put Smith or Olive in for Montoya

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The game was actually on channel 9 last weekend, Better watching then our first grade team that's for sure.

At this point I'm happy to keep Foran & Mbye and scrap the team and let the entire ISP team play no shit. Its obviously we need to gut the lot and start the Knights or Dragons way they did several years ago. A player or 2 a year isn't getting us anywhere.
I agree with ISP, last year they were good to watch as well. I get more enjoyment watching ISP than nrl. This is a good bulldogs ISP side very competitive. Wouldn’t hurt to put in 2 ot 3 isp players in the firsts might wake up some of these lazy inconsistent overpaid players.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

ISP is a good team great to watch. Definitely need some of those guys in firsts need to do it now. To me would be nice to make the finals this year but I would rather build up a team for the future. With players that are enjoyable to watch. Missing that so much the last few years

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD the stupidity and inability to recognise good or shit players is ridiculous on this site..

You would think Lewis is the messiah the way u carry on about a shit reserve grade centre.

This thread reminds me of when u idiots jizzed all over your faces over Brad Abbey... Lewis is fucking shit.
Your comment is not worth replying too. But seeing I started this thread and only joined last week I wasn’t here talikng about Brad abbey. Lewis can be the Messiah happy with that maybe you should have a look at a previous post showing his stats before you shoot your mouth off rather than think about what your about to say. Didn’t take much to think I’m sure you have at some stage in your life

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Your comment is not worth replying too. But seeing I started this thread and only joined last week I wasn’t here talikng about Brad abbey. Lewis can be the Messiah happy with that maybe you should have a look at a previous post showing his stats before you shoot your mouth off rather than think about what your about to say. Didn’t take much to think I’m sure you have at some stage in your life

Stats are full of shit, i use my good judgement based on last few years... he is no fucking chance of making grade..

Status
Not open for further replies.