Reaction score
Not FG material, fuck knows what anyone sees in him

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Eh? Why not?

1 on 1 defence is excellent, is a smart footballer, decent pace and footwork, and a good kicking game.

What's not to like?

His defence isnt excellent, just normal like anyone else
Not really a smart footballer, as he doesnt lead the team around that well
His kicking game isnt anything special, last time i watched it was Cleeland & Brown that did all the kicking
He doesnt have footwork or pace, if anything just avge like most

There is nothing whatsoever about him that stands out above any other half in Nsw Cup or even FG, if he was anything special he would have been starting half in NSW cup instead of being placed at centre. If Pay or Georgallis thought he was FG material then he would have been starting Half and readying him for FG. And only reason he is back at half is because Frawley is back in FG. I dont have any personal against the kid.
Actually when we first bought him for under 20s, there was massive wraps about him and i was excited to watch him, so i did and there was nothing there at all that i saw that showed he was anything spectacular. I think our desperation with the FG squad has seen a lot of ppl clutching at straws thinking he will be good in FG.
We need a proper half with skills that will lead us forward, not just another avge footballer, we already have enough in the first grade side...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kicking game isnt anything special, last time i watched it was Cleeland & Brown that did all the kicking

There is nothing whatsoever about him that stands out above any other half in Nsw Cup or even FG, if he was anything special he would have been starting half in NSW cup instead of being placed at centre. If Pay or Georgallis thought he was FG material then he would have been starting Half and readying him for FG. And only reason he is back at half is because Frawley is back in FG. I dont have any personal against the kid.
Actually when we first bought him for under 20s, there was massive wraps about him and i was excited to watch him, so i did and there was nothing there at all that i saw that showed he was anything spectacular. I think our desperation with the FG squad has seen a lot of ppl clutching at straws thinking he will be good in FG.
We need a proper half with skills that will lead us forward, not just another avge footballer, we already have enough in the first grade side...
I agree bud he threw one sloppy pass in the trials for a try assist and everyone went crazy about him, his kicking is ordinary. He would be in first grade if he was good enough.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree bud he threw one sloppy pass in the trials for a try assist and everyone went crazy about him, his kicking is ordinary. He would be in first grade if he was good enough.
That is exactly right....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You need to look closer. Lewis and Coggar should be the combination to lead us to our next premiership. Perfect combination.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His unique, I'll give the kid that. We need to desperately offload Mbye and I think he wants to leave too now.. If he leaves we will have enough money to sure up all the off contract players we want to keep and then have some extra $$ to play with for next yr.
I think you may have somethings there. I watch the guy play even when they interview him his not phased about losing. Players are disappointed when they lose but Mbye I think is just use to losing. Disappointing certainly not a senior player you can rely on to motivate other players if his not motivated himself

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said I’ve always rated him as a player I’d hate to see him leave he needs to be in FG ASAP
For sure I think he will be going else where next year. someone else said on here maybe they might try and sign him before they put him in Fg. I think he has talent doubt he will be in isp next year. Has a football brain for sure which we lack in ffg.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know that we have to bite the bullet and that the scavengers are circling but I see such an up side to Lewis that in my opinion he is a must keep. The longer we go without re signing him the greater the chance is that we will lose him. I can envisage the Broncos making a play for him.
Yes it’s a pity. Seeing we have so many overpaid players maybe we should let them go and sign up these young guys on low contracts that will fix up our cap lol.we may not be competitive for a few years but at least they will give all.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you may have somethings there. I watch the guy play even when they interview him his not phased about losing. Players are disappointed when they lose but Mbye I think is just use to losing. Disappointing certainly not a senior player you can rely on to motivate other players if his not motivated himself
I think if Hodkinson’s knees hadnt been shot he and Mbye would have been a great halves pairing. I’m definitely not a fan of Mbye’s demeanour but I think if he was to go to the Cows or Storm he’d be better off as he wouldn’t have to be the main star of the team. I’m not sure at this stage of his career he has the alpha dog mentality in him

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if Hodkinson’s knees hadnt been shot he and Mbye would have been a great halves pairing. I’m definitely not a fan of Mbye’s demeanour but I think if he was to go to the Cows or Storm he’d be better off as he wouldn’t have to be the main star of the team. I’m not sure at this stage of his career he has the alpha dog mentality in him
To be honest he is an incredible athlete has the ability to be a star but yes he needs to be a follower not a leader.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

When he first came to us, he came to a below average squad, he played for Qld that year & was a standout in the SOO before being injured in that game. It’s also hard to lead a team when you’re filling in as a winger, centre etc. the kid has football smarts. Lewis & Bergamin are 2 to keep. The Broncos have already shown interest in Lewis.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest he is an incredible athlete has the ability to be a star but yes he needs to be a follower not a leader.
Agreed. Problem is we aren’t paying him to be a follower in this attack. If we had let him go to the Storm he’d probably be a better player and people would say he’s the one that got away

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. Problem is we aren’t paying him to be a follower in this attack. If we had let him go to the Storm he’d probably be a better player and people would say he’s the one that got away
Just goes back to the bad management we had in the past paying these players ridiculous amounts of money and putting pressure on the cap, while we could have a few Markee players the rest young players like Martin, clogger, Lewis and co. Cannot believe the dogs are where they are. I watch them play and say we are bottom of the table material.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just goes back to the bad management we had in the past paying these players ridiculous amounts of money and putting pressure on the cap, while we could have a few Markee players the rest young players like Martin, clogger, Lewis and co. Cannot believe the dogs are where they are. I watch them play and say we are bottom of the table material.
The only positive I guess is that Mbye is now kicking at 80% this season.
I don’t know how our team is anywhere near the cap tbh. I don’t know any other team that would offer the ridiculous contracts that we have.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only positive I guess is that Mbye is now kicking at 80% this season.
I don’t know how our team is anywhere near the cap tbh. I don’t know any other team that would offer the ridiculous contracts that we have.
Only reason why Mbye is at 80% is because of his kicks have been in front lol. However, it has improved. The most concerning thing about our cap situation is there has been a constant articles in relation to this, Dib fighting for the cap to be 10 mil and the NRL not signing off Foran and Woods when they were announced.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason why Mbye is at 80% is because of his kicks have been in front lol. However, it has improved. The most concerning thing about our cap situation is there has been a constant articles in relation to this, Dib fighting for the cap to be 10 mil and the NRL not signing off Foran and Woods when they were announced.
Look he's only missed 2 kicks in the last 5 weeks which is a great stat and shows he's been working hard at it. I worry about how Dib signed off on those deals especially after offering Tolman an expensive extension?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When he first came to us, he came to a below average squad, he played for Qld that year & was a standout in the SOO before being injured in that game. It’s also hard to lead a team when you’re filling in as a winger, centre etc. the kid has football smarts. Lewis & Bergamin are 2 to keep. The Broncos have already shown interest in Lewis.
Many kids star when they are young and playing against other kids, unfortunately never shone playing against men. Broncos can have him.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You need to look closer. Lewis and Coggar should be the combination to lead us to our next premiership. Perfect combination.
Biggest LOL ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.