Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

Reaction score
So you think that was a good kick? It's was poor kick that should of went dead.. it's a miracle okunbor took that considering he can't catch a ball that's thrown at his stomach usually..

Cross field kicks should be landing on the try line not the dead ball line..
no doubt it was a sketchy kick, and we've seen knockon drop sitters before, but credit where credit's due, fluke or not it was an entertaining play, which we rarely see with this squad

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesnt really matter how well Lewis plays, the nupties on here will still rubbish him.
The same nupties gave it to Tolman, Waddell, Foran, Hetherington, Wakeham, JMK, and a few others.
Just shows the intellect of some people.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesnt really matter how well Lewis plays, the nupties on here will still rubbish him.
The same nupties gave it to Tolman, Waddell, Foran, Hetherington, Wakeham, JMK, and a few others.
Just shows the intellect of some people.
Are you saying Waddell has been unfairly criticised?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a weird Stockholm Syndrome with TK. We had it with Lichaa, we now have it with Lewis.

Remember the Walker take down at HT a few weeks ago?

Remember every single long kick went straight to Ponga yesterday? Not to either of the average wingers but their best player. Every time.

He was better than Flamingo, agreed. Doesn’t mean we should keep him.

Not sure if BBO is ready for it next year. Quite obvious Jacko doesn’t think so, since he takes over when BBO is HB.

I don’t know the answer of who should be HB next year, just please not Flamingo and not Disney Princess
Pearce’s kicking was no better on the opposite side. Always the perennial under-performer

Don’t necessarily think we should keep Lewis but I can’t understand why he has been on the nose with Barrett. Especially when the guys he’s had in front of him stink

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Lewis should be kept as a reserve/emergency player in the halves but mainly have some beef put on him and have him in the forwards.
Though he's definitely not a "big bopa" (their days are numbered in the new faster game) he has a good kick and one on one defense is often above average.
I would give him one year as a forward and see how he goes.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, all these keyboard Warriors never played the game. They can’t see the effort he actually does put in.
You mean "non-performing experts" who have probably never played the game at a level higher than juniors (if that) and have never read let alone understood a coaching manual or team management.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Really believe the club need to keep Lewis. Wakeham hasn't shown anything over the last 2-3 years or so, Flannagan,despite my hopes,has proven to be a dud and these 2,despite having remaining time on their contracts, need to be shopped around now so they are not here next year. I fear if that doesn't happen, they will stay and Lewis will leave and really he is the only one of these 3 who has shown ANYTHING this year. Yes none of them are world-beaters, but I'd take Lewis any day of the week out of the 3 of them, even if it is only because of the effort he puts in, and admit it guys at least when Lewis plays, usually something happens and quite often it's good to.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Weird shit going on this forum this morning, posts disappearing.
This will probably disappear too lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
no doubt it was a sketchy kick, and we've seen knockon drop sitters before, but credit where credit's due, fluke or not it was an entertaining play, which we rarely see with this squad
Was it entertaining, absolutely.. great try..

Was it as a result of a pin point kick.. not a chance..

I will say this though.. at least he backs himself.. if only he had actual talent.. he'd be dangerous

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it entertaining, absolutely.. great try..

Was it as a result of a pin point kick.. not a chance..

I will say this though.. at least he backs himself.. if only he had actual talent.. he'd be dangerous
How do you know it was not a deliberate kick?
On the replay, Meany called for the ball, and lewis got it spot on.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be looking in techies of the good teams. Melbourne have qld cup. Riff have falls. We have cryer. We have a good one in Matt’s when he came back from injury changed there season. Not sure who the ball half was but they had a solid season. So good home grown ones are on the way. We also have BBO who is a half admitted he playing well at hooker

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis deserves MOM for today's game but that does not fucking mean he's the answer for next year.

Burton will be the one leading the team and has a bigger more accurate boot than lewis.

All the rest are not good enough to partner burton, we're in the market for a half partner to burton and by signing Lewis we clog our salary cap. We need to start letting them go as their contracts expire
He can be signed on absolute minimum because he doesn't have another offer , he shits on averillo and wakeham im not even going to name the other fraud

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 minute use want averillo than bbo then lewis it just goes round in circles here for the last 2 years there hasnt been a positive word said about lewis lol

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm worried about BBOs defence, he is a very weak defender.
Ok in attack but can't tackle.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The year is almost gone we haven't signed a 7 yet so just run without one next year or maybe Baz will pull on the boots
Why cant Laundy just threaten to take out someones family if they dont sign for us.
Or threaten to have their legs amputated if they dont sign for us.
Seriously though, surely there must be a half somewhere on the planet (8 Billion people) that we could sign.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm worried about BBOs defence, he is a very weak defender.
Ok in attack but can't tackle.
He can tackle low, but anytime he goes high he gets bumped off pretty easily. Can't have him defending on an edge until he improves there. Still made 47 tacked with only 2 misses so I think it will defenitely improve with time.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can tackle low, but anytime he goes high he gets bumped off pretty easily. Can't have him defending on an edge until he improves there. Still made 47 tacked with only 2 misses so I think it will defenitely improve with time.
Hope so, they are targeting him heavily, and it doesn't make it any easier for him next to our dumb back rowers.