Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think that was a good kick? It's was poor kick that should of went dead.. it's a miracle okunbor took that considering he can't catch a ball that's thrown at his stomach usually..

Cross field kicks should be landing on the try line not the dead ball line..
But he’s better than Averillo in the halves currently and our best option at half that we currently have. Not saying Lewis is the saviour of Canterbury but credit where it’s due.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But he’s better than Averillo in the halves currently and our best option at half that we currently have. Not saying Lewis is the saviour of Canterbury but credit where it’s due.
His kick for Meaneys try was a great kick.. I can give credit where it's due..

And there's a lot to like about what he does... But

I don't see a future in the guy And i don't think he's NRL standard on a consistent basis.

We spend too much energy on bog average players..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lewis is fucking shit house, same as flannigan, and both should go. Did we win tonight with lewis? just asking? have we won any game with lewis this year?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Next year fuck no but the next 2 games he should be first half picked, I can not believe how shit Flanagan is, it's truly embarrassing. I would prefer Sam Williams over Flanagan lol
I'd prefer they ended our season now and forfeit the next 2 games to save us more embarrassment..

Flanagan is embarrassing on another level, absolutely useless

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think 14 is good for him. Not ready to take the reigns. Got signs to be a great 7. Just not next year. We need at least one experienced half.
Well since we have zero experienced halves, you'd habe to pick Princess over the other duds.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer they ended our season now and forfeit the next 2 games to save us more embarrassment..

he unfortunately has been the biggest let down as he came with such high expectations.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce is much older, will demand double the salary… his best days are prob behind him.

Not worth it
True Pearce is much older, but it has become obvious that we need an experienced head in the halves. We look clueless in attack, especially on last tackles. There really is no one else available

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He deadset does nothing except throw a inside ball to waddel, fukn embarrasing

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel embarrassed for Flanagan watching him play now. He is so far out of his depth it's not funny anymore

That error from the kickoff in the second half was shocking....why the hell didn't he at least attempt to catch it on the full, he had plenty of time to get in position.

Clifford ran through him like he wasn't there for his try. Thank god Lewis did most of the kicking, we at least got some depth

His passing game is shit, he organises nothing, contributes nothing positive to the team. Even that one huge step he takes when he kicks at goal shits me now

His one good play was the pass to Hoppa in the second half when Hoppa went on his long run....that's it

We all saw it, Gus saw it, Tbaz saw it.....surely the line has been drawn through him now

We desperately need a competent half, I don't know who is available or can be released...Gus really needs to be on it and get a result for us

Lot's of talk about Pearce...who knows, seems like alot of pieces would need to fall into place for that to happen for next year

The only possibility I can see that MIGHT have a chance of happening is a swap with the Tigers, Thompson for Luke Brooks. With Jackson Hastings coming to the Tigers next year to play halfback , and Douiehe locked in at 6, I can see them possibly shopping Brooks around. Plus they already have the hots for Thompson

Not saying it is ideal...but it could be possible. Don't forget Brooks was Dally M halfback of the year a couple of years ago and while he is not everyones cup of tea...he can play.

He is alot better than anything we've got

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of them deserve it. I'd play BBO next to Burton.
I like BBO as well. BUT because we have recruited so well we are now in a position to really challenge for top 8 if things go really will then even the top 4. Regardless of weather or not we sign Brandon Smith or not we need an experienced halfback. Hope the club isn't willing to risk our entire season by going in with a rookie. Would rather sign an experienced half. BBO can still play 14 regardless of who we sign.

Last edited:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is solid in defence, and has good boot on him. With a decent team around him, and a bit of good coaching, he'll be a great player for us. I'd put him in the forwards.

I never want to see Flanagan in a Bulldogs jersey ever again.
Chris and Lewis is an energy player who gives all he’s got and we need that.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BBO is far better than both but Baz in his infinite wisdom refuses to make him the focal point of the attack it's embarrassing. Lewis did a lot better than Flannagan tonight but Lewis also had Foran to partner him on occasion in the past few years and showed absolutely nothing.

They should all be sacked. Sad to say a broken Foran that played 1/3 of the season is still better than Flannagan and Lewis combined.

Averillo is NOT a half and should not be played there again. Try him at centre or FB

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would take him at 7 over pearce he’d actually be ok with burton ,flanno/wake to go

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris and Lewis is an energy player who gives all he’s got and we need that.
We have never realised his potential. In a team like Manly, Parramatta, Souths, Roosters, Storm, he would be a star.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man we got some short memories in here.
It’s a weird Stockholm Syndrome with TK. We had it with Lichaa, we now have it with Lewis.

Remember the Walker take down at HT a few weeks ago?

Remember every single long kick went straight to Ponga yesterday? Not to either of the average wingers but their best player. Every time.

He was better than Flamingo, agreed. Doesn’t mean we should keep him.

Not sure if BBO is ready for it next year. Quite obvious Jacko doesn’t think so, since he takes over when BBO is HB.

I don’t know the answer of who should be HB next year, just please not Flamingo and not Disney Princess