Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I have said, at least this allows Harper, Tess, Averillo to showcase why they can be our centres. They seem to be team players unlike Mitchell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cheers. I said I work for Meltwater, not own. It's not part of my job to write to clients. I was so glad we beat the Eels late this year but we were lucky Ferguson wasn't playing. If you look at their team on paper for 2020 I don't think we'd be favourites. I wonder if we made an approach to Sivo before he re-signed ? If not I'd like to know the reason for that also. Just wish we had some way of finding out if our recruitment committee are actually doing their job and are trying as hard as they can
We weren't favourites for many/any games last season either. The game that we were (Cowboys 2nd game) we lost. It'll be much the same next season. Hopefully (horrible word) we can start better next season then the previous two.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to give brad a break fmd some on here just love to argue hes a passionate fan trying to encourage some action for the better of our club good on him for having a go

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Straight between the eyes. This email is sheer lunacy. It's like something you would expect to receive from a crazed ex.
See if you can do better. I really hope you can but guys like you couldn't be bothered to even put in an effort could you ?. You'd rather do nothing to complain even if all the things in the email are true. You'd rather believe ex Eel Andrew Hill and our board of mostly ex footy players are the best bunch of administrators ever and can do no wrong, make no mistakes.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We weren't favourites for many/any games last season either. The game that we were (Cowboys 2nd game) we lost. It'll be much the same next season. Hopefully (horrible word) we can start better next season then the previous two.
Yes I was really disappointed with that loss against the Cowboys especially at the time because it seemed it could cost us a place in the 8. The DWZ disallowed try decision and the heat on the night took a toll on our players it seems. Yes I agree you would think we'd start a lot better next season but now Foran's out it could dent our confidence unfortunately. I think we have the basics of a potentially very good team. If we could just supplement that with 2-3 superstars we'd have a GREAT team.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone needs to give brad a break fmd some on here just love to argue hes a passionate fan trying to encourage some action for the better of our club good on him for having a go
Thanks mate. I may go about it the wrong way sometimes I'm happy to admit but at the end of the day I just want our "current" board and management (and remember they are only temporary) to do the BEST JOB possible to improve our team.

I'd just like to give some on here an example. If you found out 100% our recruitment committee never made an effort to speak to Joey Manu's manager before he re-signed with the Roosters and then you found out they never spoke to Mitchell about how much he would want to play fullback or centre for the Dogs would you honestly think they are doing their job ?

I simply just have some serious doubts about them at the moment.

Last edited:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I was really disappointed with that loss against the Cowboys especially at the time because it seemed it could cost us a place in the 8. The DWZ disallowed try decision and the heat on the night took a toll on our players it seems. Yes I agree you would think we'd start a lot better next season but now Foran's out it could dent our confidence unfortunately. I think we have the basics of a potentially very good team. If we could just supplement that with 2-3 superstars we'd have a GREAT team.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
See if you can do better. I really hope you can but guys like you couldn't be bothered to even put in an effort could you ?. You'd rather do nothing to complain even if all the things in the email are true. You'd rather believe ex Eel Andrew Hill and our board of mostly ex footy players are the best bunch of administrators ever and can do no wrong, make no mistakes.
I don’t think that’s the case Brad.
No-one suggesting the current administrators are flawless and have it 100% correct.
I think the real issue is that they need more time. They’ve done well to get us most of the way out of a large hole, but we’re still not totally out of it. Stay the course...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I respect your passion and tenacity, but do you honestly think Hill or anyone from the board will respond with insight into our recruitment process just because you asked?

To the powers that be us fans are just ants they will never openly admit to anyone outside of the club circle who our targets or what their strategies are. You can send countless emails, blow up on here creating 50 new threads or chain yourself to a gate outside club headquarters in protest demanding answers all you want but ultimately it will all be for naught

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I also was very disappointed in that loss too, as I was visiting one of my daughters whose posted to Townsville. So we went with all the expectations. We must have been the only people wearing Blue and White. Certainly the refs also seemed intimidated by the crowd.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect your passion and tenacity, but do you honestly think Hill or anyone from the board will respond with insight into our recruitment process just because you asked?

To the powers that be us fans are just ants they will never openly admit to anyone outside of the club circle who our targets or what their strategies are. You can send countless emails, blow up on here creating 50 new threads or chain yourself to a gate outside club headquarters in protest demanding answers all you want but ultimately it will all be for naught
But that's the thing. I know they do respond if you can get their attention. At the end of the 2017 season I compiled like a report of statistics and quotes from all the NRL commentators, ex players and fans about Hasler's performance and sent printed copies to every member of the board. Ray Dib ended up calling me and he explained things behind the scenes. Any company owned by shareholders have to explain everything to shareholders. Our club should do the same at the next meeting about our recruitment (or failed recruitment if that turns out to be the case)

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madness

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But that's the thing. I know they do respond if you can get their attention. At the end of the 2017 season I compiled like a report of statistics and quotes from all the NRL commentators, ex players and fans about Hasler's performance and sent printed copies to every member of the board. Ray Dib ended up calling me and he explained things behind the scenes. Any company owned by shareholders have to explain everything to shareholders. Our club should do the same at the next meeting about our recruitment (or failed recruitment if that turns out to be the case)
If that's the case, I'm not privy to how the conversation went with dib, but based on our issues with the previous admin, look how that turned out. Backended deals, horrible cap management/planning, a coach who' was given total control in too many areas with game plan couldn't evolve beyond 2012 and a neglected junior system, a hopeless recruitment manager among other things.

So, if he did personally call and explain the situation he was more than likely blowing smoke up your arse

Banned
Reaction score
Cheers. I said I work for Meltwater, not own. It's not part of my job to write to clients. I was so glad we beat the Eels late this year but we were lucky Ferguson wasn't playing. If you look at their team on paper for 2020 I don't think we'd be favourites. I wonder if we made an approach to Sivo before he re-signed ? If not I'd like to know the reason for that also. Just wish we had some way of finding out if our recruitment committee are actually doing their job and are trying as hard as they can
Language used displayed ownership ie my company.
Correct phrase would be along the lines of company I work for.
Hope that makes your life easier in future.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the case, I'm not privy to how the conversation went with dib, but based on our issues with the previous admin, look how that turned out. Backended deals, horrible cap management/planning, a coach who' was given total control in too many areas with game plan couldn't evolve beyond 2012 and a neglected junior system, a hopeless recruitment manager among other things.

So, if he did personally call and explain the situation he was more than likely blowing smoke up your arse
I think Dib's big mistake was putting total faith in Hasler and giving him too much control for far too long. As soon as we bombed out of the finals in the first week of 2015 I thought it would have been pretty obvious to Dib and the board that the players were no longer listening to Hasler. We were leading at half time remember against the Panthers and Hasler could be seen on camera giving the team a big spray in the dressing room and then we collapsed in the second half to get beat by a decent score. There were obvious signs we were on a negative spiral well before that game also.

You know Dib was genuinely surprised when I gave him stats on Hasler's failure to make the top 4 with us (except for 2012 with someone else's roster) and how no team had won the comp in 20 years from outside the top 4. I would have thought he would have known that. Even club chairmen aren't always as smart as you think they are which is maybe why I don't have the same faith in our current administration as others do.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Language used displayed ownership ie my company.
Correct phrase would be along the lines of company I work for.
Hope that makes your life easier in future.
Yes but you've never referred to "my company" did this or did that ? eg: "my company sacked 30 staff the other day"

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it has to be mitchell !!
Where the points going to come from?
Sure we defended well back end of last year but we need some brilliance to break the game open
I’m with ya mate ignore all these keyboard warriors

Let them know how you feel

Doesn’t have to be Mitchell but one big signing this offseason would be nice

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but you've never referred to "my company" did this or did that ? eg: "my company sacked 30 staff the other day"
I consciously try not to, knowing how confusing it can be if I do so for the third party/ies.