Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s easier to resign a player at your club then it is to poach a gun player at another club...

And yes pay did say that, but like I said, the first week of the open season if signing players for 2021 just started, you’ve driven yourself crazy by thinking in 8 days we would sign a elite player for 2021, no other club has... so what on earth makes you think we would...

You’re clearly not in grip in what occurs when signing elite players, so do yourself a favour and take a step back and just let the plan take its course when 2021 comes along and IF we still haven’t built up for then... let rip, but for now let’s just see what transitions. Believe it or not we still have back ended contracts for 2021 that are under control but has still restrained us a touch...
Yes you're probably right in that I'm impatient. I was hoping the club would have someone locked in before Nov 1 to announce on Nov 1. There's not much quality in the marketplace already for 2021. We need to be quick to beat other cashed up teams. It's not just for 2021 signings though. I was really unhappy we missed out on Api for 2020 when it seemed the deal was done. Would have liked Ramien also. Would have liked Jayden Brailey and Reece Robinson also - we don't even know if anyone from our club approached them and similar with Joey Manu. I'm also disappointed that Hill reportedly flew to England TWICE but apparently couldn't land Luke Thompson.

Would have liked the club to pursue further talks at least with Mitchell but they just flatly refused to. Just seems we're making it easier for the Roosters to keep him for unders

Glad we didn't sign Leilua though.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you're probably right in that I'm impatient. I was hoping the club would have someone locked in before Nov 1 to announce on Nov 1. It's not just for 2021 signings though. I was really unhappy we missed out on Api for 2020 when it seemed the deal was done. Would have liked Ramien also. Would have liked Jayden Brailey and Reece Robinson also - we don't even know if anyone from our club approached them and similar with Joey Manu. I'm also disappointed that Hill reportedly flew to England TWICE but apparently couldn't land Luke Thompson.

Glad we didn't sign Leilua though.
The board are just sitting on their hands, no intentions of spending money on players.. I think they're just going to do what they did last year and spend it on themselves.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you were a member you'd consider?
You can't run for elections unless you've been a member for 3 years I believe. I don't have the profile myself to be successful in attracting votes. Hopefully someone with a profile who has similar beliefs will stand and I / we can support that person.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi @bradtalo
Andrew Hill here.
Thanks for your comments, I’d love to hear more, but rest assured we’ve jumped on the issues you raised immediately.
You’re insight has proved invaluable.
Have you considered applying for the vacant recruitment position at the Bulldogs? Please send me personally, your CV if you’re interested and I’ll put it at the top of the pile.
Keep the advice coming.
Andy.

P.S. sorry for replying via “the kennel” but it was easier as I find myself on here so much these days, you know, getting recruitment ideas and feedback on my performance.

Banned
Reaction score
The NRL itself and all NRL clubs have this exact service through my company.
"Dearest Brady,

Please kindly confirm the name of your company, so we can go about parting ways asap!

Sincerely,
AH"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
"Dearest Brady,

Please kindly confirm the name of your company, so we can go about parting ways asap!

Sincerely,
AH"
yes

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight to junk email
No I don't think so. It is well written. Polite and just asks valid questions. I hope he replies and gives us some insight into whats in the plans. I think that would placate a lot of passionate fans. Well done

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have you received a reply back from Andy?

Did you CC Lynne Anderson?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dearest Brady,

Sincerely,
AH"
You should be a comedian. You're so funny - LOOKING !

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The board won’t move until they see fit, maybe the have something up their sleeves, maybe they don’t.. whatever is happening it’s Up to them, seems to be a wait an Hope game at the moment.

They may pull a rabbit out of the hat before season kick off, or it may be another mediocre year, still hope for the 8 either way..!! Never give up !!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you received a reply back from Andy?

Did you CC Lynne Anderson?
Not yet but we should just sit back and be fine with all this and never ever complain about it should we ?

"CEO Andrew Hill had to go overseas to UK to find players because there was no one else at the club that could go..
Our football department is a shambles at the moment.. Its disorganised with several roles still vacant..

CA has left and his large role has not been filled by anyone..

The staff that were sacked over 6 months ago have not been replaced..

Dean Pay is a rookie coach, the club should be giving him a very strong footy dept to support him..

The players are battling hard on the field.. off the field we are far from settled.."

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Start another new thread if he replies bro ....

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next time send it by registered post so you get confirmation that he has received and signed for the letter

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
keep it civil kids or the thread will be locked

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brad - you mentioned you live interstate - Adelaide? Hobart? Not much happening either place - may explain all the time on your hands for your bleating...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad - you mentioned you live interstate - Adelaide? Hobart? Not much happening either place - may explain all the time on your hands for your bleating...
Yes you're right. Slow city and 99% of friends interstate. Had to come here for family reasons. Dogs are kind of like my hobby especially at the moment and I'd been so looking forward to this time expecting us to sign a special player or 3 by now to make us really competitive with the top 4 teams for 2021.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The board are just sitting on their hands, no intentions of spending money on players.. I think they're just going to do what they did last year and spend it on themselves.
That’s right, because they’re corrupt as well as incompetent.

You couldn’t make this shit up.
Yet you guys manage to!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s right, because they’re corrupt as well as incompetent.

You couldn’t make this shit up.
Yet you guys manage to!
How much would it take to buy a board seat vote not to pursue a certain player ? Cheaper than giving the player what he 'thinks' he's worth.