Official Leniu to depart panthers

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck to Spencer, I'm glad he's going to the Rorters, good player from the bench but would need to step up a LOT to be worth the money he's asking for as a starting prop not a bench prop. Also, a big NO on Keary at his age and concussion issues.

Hopefully we can rid ourselves of Knockonbur and Waddell at years end as both are off contract. I wouldn't mind if we signed Egan Butcher from the Rorters as he's also off contract and 4 years younger and one of the most promising 2nd rowers going around but can't see him leaving the Rorters.

Waddell for Butcher

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As soon as Roosters are keen Penrith announce he's gone lol
Lol Penrith ‘So, what’s it going to take to keep you Spencer’?
Spencer ‘Firstly, I should tell you that the Roosters are interested’.
Penrith ‘Good luck Spencer, we’ll make the announcement regarding your departure’.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Worth the risk considering what we have and what's available. If he retires we get it all back in the cap anyways. Brett Kimmorley type signing.
bahahahaha!!! Bahahaha!!!

after all the duds they’ve sent to us in recent years you want another. Hahahaha!!

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hate this
Looks like the roosters stole him under our noses with brown paper bags

So who do we target now as prop

Thompson will not be there!! Overpaid and has under deliverers
In my opinion

Do we go after storms Nelson Asofa-Solomona ??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hate this

In my opinion

I think we should be moving on from Thompson but literally only NAS available and honestly we needed him + Leniu to have a top forward pack. So because of this I think unless someone contracted pops up there's a good chance Thompson is extended now (obviously for ~half the price). I think we need NAS badly. Gus was able to get AFB to Warrior so hopefully something similar.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hate this

In my opinion

Elbows will be suspended more than he plays

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a talented player but he still has a lot to prove. He would have been a good signing for us, but if he's going to the Roosters then so be it.. As much potential as he has, he's not worth huge money yet.

I'm sure JWH leaving will free up a magical $3.4 million in cap space, so I'm sure the Roosters aren't done signing players.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate this

In my opinion

NAS is big NO! He’s a hot head and would be out on suspension more games than not. Don’t want to give the ref’s more reason to penalize us out of games.

I’m glad Leniu isn’t coming to us. Good player but NOT worth anywhere near he’s asking for.

Thommo has had a horror 2 years with Covid lockdowns, ridiculous suspensions and having to go back to UK for his ailing mum and playing under a dud coach. Club stood by him through that period as they know how good he is from his time with St Helens when he was rated the best forward in Super League. His contract money is a sticking point but feel he’d take a pay cut to stay after what the club has done for him and where we are heading.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Worth the risk considering what we have and what's available. If he retires we get it all back in the cap anyways. Brett Kimmorley type signing.
Pre-existing head injuries so I don't think all the money would go back on the cap in the case of a medical retirement though.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NAS is big NO! He’s a hot head and would be out on suspension more games than not. Don’t want to give the ref’s more reason to penalize us out of games.

I’m glad Leniu isn’t coming to us. Good player but NOT worth anywhere near he’s asking for.

Thommo has had a horror 2 years with Covid lockdowns, ridiculous suspensions and having to go back to UK for his ailing mum and playing under a dud coach. Club stood by him through that period as they know how good he is from his time with St Helens when he was rated the best forward in Super League. His contract money is a sticking point but feel he’d take a pay cut to stay after what the club has done for him and where we are heading.
I hope Thommo stays, he looked hungry in both trials and was our best middle forward imo

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I think if we have the 3mil for 24 and 650k for 23 I’d be going hard at nas and 7 from England either Williams or that welsby kid or something.

We need a 7 urgently. No idea where it comes from but thankfully Gus knows what he’s doing.
$3M for 2024 left....but we only have around 15 players signed for 2024 at this stage....$3M won't go very far then.....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
$3M for 2024 left....but we only have around 15 players signed for 2024 at this stage....$3M won't go very far then.....
We have 22 players under contract for 2024.