Official Leniu to depart panthers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't even want to pay half that amount and that's only if it's for 1 year not 2. These concussions are no joke and he's already had a head knock this season and it's been going what 4 weeks? Rather go after a fullback or a prop than a halfback, we have just signed the Broncos kid.
Critta signed to play fullback, on fullback money. We should also be going after NAS - now only middle worth buying (really we needed both him and Leniu). The Bronco kid is young and has a long term contract and if he's a while from 1st grade we're fucked (when comparing to the best teams).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Critta signed to play fullback, on fullback money. We should also be going after NAS - now only middle worth buying (really we needed both him and Leniu). The Bronco kid is young and has a long term contract and if he's a while from 1st grade we're fucked (when comparing to the best teams).
I think if we have the 3mil for 24 and 650k for 23 I’d be going hard at nas and 7 from England either Williams or that welsby kid or something.

We need a 7 urgently. No idea where it comes from but thankfully Gus knows what he’s doing.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably but a dead monkey would too, doesn't mean we should pay 850k plus for Keary who is one injury away from retirement
What if we got him for $600k and roosters paid the other $250k a season for 2 seasons

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if we have the 3mil for 24 and 650k for 23 I’d be going hard at nas and 7 from England either Williams or that welsby kid or something.

We need a 7 urgently. No idea where it comes from but thankfully Gus knows what he’s doing.
We missed a good one in Thomas Duffy from NQ.
Pity we couldn’t at least get him on a loan.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keary would be Foran2.0
Signed on past glories for big-ish money, spending most of his time in rehab, or in Disneyland wondering where the season went.
He's an Elite Half, but his time has passed, and the risk of early retirement is stark and real.
He has to get through '23 (far from a certainty - 31 yo), then '24 (even worse odds - 32 yo), and then would want at least a 2-year deal for '25 (33 yo) & '26 (34 yo). The odds of "surviving" just get worse.
If he gets another head knock (or if the Rorters suddenly need some additional space under their stetson to buy the next new, shiny thing), a call will be made to NRL medical and he'll be "asked" to retire (full pay, nothing on the cap - but only if he stays where he is. Any other team will be wearing the full frieght on the cap).
Save our cash.
One of our development halves will have stepped up well before Keary is an option.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well Critta has a lot to prove he's a fullback, his positional play was embarrassing in the WCC. I'd rather brighten in the centres he's an elite centre.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chooks land B.smith and retain Matt lodge for 2023 and signing dom young and leniu for 2024

I’ll expect sualii to be gone next season.

Teddy
Toups
Sualii
Manu
Young as a back 5 is crazy lmao
Tupou and jwh are going leinu and young will replace them

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Keary would be Foran2.0
Signed on past glories for big-ish money, spending most of his time in rehab, or in Disneyland wondering where the season went.
He's an Elite Half, but his time has passed, and the risk of early retirement is stark and real.
He has to get through '23 (far from a certainty - 31 yo), then '24 (even worse odds - 32 yo), and then would want at least a 2-year deal for '25 (33 yo) & '26 (34 yo). The odds of "surviving" just get worse.
If he gets another head knock (or if the Rorters suddenly need some additional space under their stetson to buy the next new, shiny thing), a call will be made to NRL medical and he'll be "asked" to retire (full pay, nothing on the cap - but only if he stays where he is. Any other team will be wearing the full frieght on the cap).
Save our cash.
One of our development halves will have stepped up well before Keary is an option.
Foran should of been extended.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta had to announce he was leaving before we officially signed him too. Something to do with an agreement CC had with the Panthers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That has to be the stupidest post. Doesn't make any sense.
It makes sense, e.g. Rooster release Keary early for this year and they chip in 250k (I think that's a bit high) for this year and next year. I don't see us getting him this year as the season's about to start, but it makes sense. If he comes next year Rooster would only chip in for that 1 year since he's off contract the following year.