Legends of League Tournament - Consolidated Game Thread - BULLDOGS WON!!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What showed is the tightness of our group, I actually felt bad for Parra fans when Hindmarsh came off complaining about how all the ex players there hate each other, sure Hindy is a joker, but you could tell he was being serious
Nicest bloke to not win premiership. Great player at shit club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, I’m not happy for that mercenary Mason. The rest, couldn’t be prouder.

Mason’s a prick and not a loyal Bulldog, never will be in my eyes. He’s there with this group of cts - $BW, Barba, Hannant and soon to be Klemmer. Blokes who basically shot all over the emblem, the fans, and this great club by walking out during contract, most causing drama on their way out too.

Others left our club when contracts ran out and didn’t renew, went for bigger dollars, whatever - all the best to them. Guys like Ogre, Asotasi, Price, Morris boys, thurston etc...

Never forget that ct gave a media interview saying he wanted to leave our club prior to his contract because Folkes was shit and he just wanted to play under supercoach Fitler.

He will never be a real Bulldog

..... anyway, apart from that, couldn’t be happier for our boys - well deserved
Mason had the shits with Folkes because he wanted to do some boxing, Folkes said yes then the club said no, the only thing Mason did wrong was try to sack the CEO, like der.
He loves Canterbury.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mason had the shits with Folkes because he wanted to do some boxing, Folkes said yes then the club said no, the only thing Mason did wrong was try to sack the CEO, like der.
He loves Canterbury.
Pretty sure he hated the dogs for a long long time.

Fair enough his best interest is to return to the club and play with his old mates. But if he had the opportunity to represent any other team this weekend I guarantee he would.

Fact of the matter is every team dicked mason after he left us. And we are the only club he dicked. There was a time there he hated the club and so did his brothers. and he did leave for money at the end of the day. Same reason as sonny and hannant and klemmer and Barba and anyone else who leaves mid contract.

For mine I can’t respect reni any more. He was a troubled kid. He came through our ranks. Never wanted to leave. And never spoke a bad word about the club. Go through any interview mason had done about his career and he’ll say he is a rooster or a cowboy or any other team that interests him at the time (even though his only ring is from the dogs).

Ask Reni and he’ll say he is a dog through abc through. And he was the only one that came back again and he noticed a difference too.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How good was Shifty in his day? I know he is not mentioned in the same breath as some of the greats of our game because his career was only short but man, that guy had vision.
2nd best halfback I’ve seen play for our club since I started watching our games in 1985.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Fair enough his best interest is to return to the club and play with his old mates. But if he had the opportunity to represent any other team this weekend I guarantee he would.

Fact of the matter is every team dicked mason after he left us. And we are the only club he dicked. There was a time there he hated the club and so did his brothers. and he did leave for money at the end of the day. Same reason as sonny and hannant and klemmer and Barba and anyone else who leaves mid contract.

For mine I can’t respect reni any more. He was a troubled kid. He came through our ranks. Never wanted to leave. And never spoke a bad word about the club. Go through any interview mason had done about his career and he’ll say he is a rooster or a cowboy or any other team that interests him at the time (even though his only ring is from the dogs).

Ask Reni and he’ll say he is a dog through abc through. And he was the only one that came back again and he noticed a difference too.
He possibly did for a while, but he was young..., it’s pretty clear from the way he talks about the club these days that he has a lot of fondness for the place. I think if he had his time over again, he would do things differently.

As for your guarantee he would have played for another club this weekend if given the chance, I think that’s a ridiculous and totally baseless assumption. It’s pretty clear he made his best footy mates and had the best times of his career at the dogs and unlike SBW, it’s pretty clear he is a fan these days.

Ogre said some nasty things about the club after he left, too. Talked about how the Roosters had a better culture etc. I still remember the general blasting him in the media for talking trash about the club.... Patten was one of the most passionate and loyal guys to ever play for our club....legend! Anyway I think Mase and Ogre both know where they played their best footy and genuinely support us these days. I’m
Sure both were really happy to be able to represent the club again.

Young men can be hot headed and get angry at times. Sometimes they say and do things they come to regret. I think some people need to build a bridge.

I’m pissed at Klemmer right now, but I don’t think I’ll still be fuming about him in 10 years... and I like to think in time, he’ll come to regret bailing on us too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How good was Shifty in his day? I know he is not mentioned in the same breath as some of the greats of our game because his career was only short but man, that guy had vision.
Should have won the Dally M in 2002. Johns earned points for a game he was sent off in.... wtf? That medal belonged to Shifty.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not too shabby, finished the year with 3 trophies, even though we didn't win the one that counts, still great for a club in "crisis".

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They also came through the club when winning was expected and anything less was seen as failure. They won comps coming through the grades and came straight into a competitive team that was more then likely in the 8 pushing for a premiership. This current group of players is the complete opposite.
I still think that way

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could not of said it better myself.

He was a ct to our club and left for money but took a cheap shot at our club legend whilst going.

People have short memories. Shot on my club and you’re never gonna be part of it again in my eyes

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Career short? He played 257 fg games, 191 for us. Not that short lol. And yeh we havent had a better half than him, since him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2nd best halfback I’ve seen play for our club since I started watching our games in 1985.
Shifty should have had a few origin games with his form between 02-04 he was just unlucky he played at the same time as Johns and Kimmorley.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Would love to be on the piss with this crew tonight ! Some beers and some nose beers would be on the cards for them for sure
You reckon some Bondi Marching Powder tonight ha ha probably knowing that 2004 team..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Could not of said it better myself.

He was a ct to our club and left for money but took a cheap shot at our club legend whilst going.

People have short memories. Shot on my club and you’re never gonna be part of it again in my eyes
he also retracted what he said about folkes very quickly after sampling fitlers coaching style, it was reported in 2012 that they were on good terms then mason went to his funeral and tweeted that folkes was a big part of his career

also it was more of a 2 way thing because folkes said that mason wouldnt be missed from the team, when in fact we ended up playing briggs up front at times in the wooden spoon season

so im comfortable with liking mason again

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Mason has been asked repeatedly on social media about what club he feels aligned to and every time he confirms Bulldogs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t recall us being great in 96, 97 or 99 either, but yeah I definitely think the club had a better idea of how to re-create a winning culture. I still have hope for this new board though. They haven’t been there that long...may have made a few mistakes, but have made some good decisions too.hopefully they can get it together.

99 one game away from grand final. Lost to Melbourne

97 made the semis too