Legends of League Tournament - Consolidated Game Thread - BULLDOGS WON!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why isn’t this on tv? There is a bloody rugby league channel showing repeats of finals. This live would get way more viewers.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why isn’t this on tv? There is a bloody rugby league channel showing repeats of finals. This live would get way more viewers.
Money.

TV broadcasts cost money to set up, film, etc etc.

Costs nothing to show a rerun of an old NRL game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Hoppa was allowed to play because the 10 year ban is only within NSWRL jurisdiction (so NSW/QLD leagues). Didn't apply to this charity competition.

I heard people in the toilets whinging about the Dogs being the only team who trained - well that just shows the pride they have in the jersey!
Sour grapes.... They didn't exactly train that much as Reni only came back from PNG the other day.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently Hoppa was allowed to play because the 10 year ban is only within NSWRL jurisdiction (so NSW/QLD leagues). Didn't apply to this charity competition.

Sour grapes.... They didn't exactly train that much as Reni only came back from PNG the other day.

What showed is the tightness of our group, I actually felt bad for Parra fans when Hindmarsh came off complaining about how all the ex players there hate each other, sure Hindy is a joker, but you could tell he was being serious

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I heard people in the toilets whinging about the Dogs being the only team who trained - well that just shows the pride they have in the jersey!
Just goes to show they love the club and feel the pain fans have been feeling in recent times. They took it seriously because they wanted to show pride in the jersey and give fans something to be happy about.

Only increases my respect for them.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just goes to show they love the club and feel the pain fans have been feeling in recent times. They took it seriously because they wanted to show pride in the jersey and give fans something to be happy about.

oath brother... some of them even played for other teams, our boys played as a solid unit... it was great to watch.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

They also came through the club when winning was expected and anything less was seen as failure. They won comps coming through the grades and came straight into a competitive team that was more then likely in the 8 pushing for a premiership. This current group of players is the complete opposite.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry, I’m not happy for that mercenary Mason. The rest, couldn’t be prouder.

Mason’s a prick and not a loyal Bulldog, never will be in my eyes. He’s there with this group of cts - $BW, Barba, Hannant and soon to be Klemmer. Blokes who basically shot all over the emblem, the fans, and this great club by walking out during contract, most causing drama on their way out too.

Others left our club when contracts ran out and didn’t renew, went for bigger dollars, whatever - all the best to them. Guys like Ogre, Asotasi, Price, Morris boys, thurston etc...

Never forget that ct gave a media interview saying he wanted to leave our club prior to his contract because Folkes was shit and he just wanted to play under supercoach Fitler.

He will never be a real Bulldog

..... anyway, apart from that, couldn’t be happier for our boys - well deserved

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They also came through the club when winning was expected and anything less was seen as failure. They won comps coming through the grades and came straight into a competitive team that was more then likely in the 8 pushing for a premiership. This current group of players is the complete opposite.
I’m not bagging out our current squad (apart from Klemmer, he’s a jackass) just commending the old boys on taking this seriously and giving the fans something to celebrate.

I don’t think it’s strictky true that all those players came straight into successful sides, though. Mason debuted as injury cover for Britt in 2000, Shifty debuted as injury cover for Ricky Stuart and Patten debuted for us in 2001. We had a successful season in 2001 but not really in 2000, so I don’t think you can say he came straight into a successful side. All these guys helped us become successful.

Having said that, I’m not saying we don’t have current players who can’t do the same.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not bagging out our current squad (apart from Klemmer, he’s a jackass) just commending the old boys on taking this seriously and giving the fans something to celebrate.

I don’t think it’s strictky true that all those players came straight into successful sides, though. Mason debuted as injury cover for Britt in 2000, Shifty debuted as injury cover for Ricky Stuart and Patten debuted for us in 2001. We had a successful season in 2001 but not really in 2000, so I don’t think you can say he came straight into a successful side. All these guys helped us become successful.

Having said that, I’m not saying we don’t have current players who can’t do the same.
That 2000 season was seen as a huge failure though and in that was easily the worst season between 98-04 so they knew what happened wasn’t acceptable. The winning culture was there and they bounced back the next year I was referring to the whole club really not just the players who player today.

That winning culture is something this current team is going to have to create themselves.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That 2000 season was seen as a huge failure though and in that was easily the worst season between 98-04 so they knew what happened wasn’t acceptable. The winning culture was there and they bounced back the next year I was referring to the whole club really not just the players who player today.

That winning culture is something this current team is going to have to create themselves.
I’m holding out hope our nsw cup guys are developing this culture. Kind of sucks about Woolford though.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m holding out hope our nsw cup guys are developing this culture. Kind of sucks about Woolford though.

Stevie G's appointment as assistant coach will play a big part in their transition as we know those boys get up for him.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Couldn’t make it up there today. Anyone know if there’s a link up to watch the replays like last year ? Can’t find one......Thanks

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I didn’t recall us being great in 96, 97 or 99 either, but yeah I definitely think the club had a better idea of how to re-create a winning culture. I still have hope for this new board though. They haven’t been there that long...may have made a few mistakes, but have made some good decisions too.hopefully they can get it together.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about our defence though? Not bad for retirees