Last kick by Martin

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was knackered. Dutchy should have been given a crack. Bad luck.
...and NO, I'm not disrespecting or hating him. 90% kicker. He's human. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Ive got no issue with him missing, but a game of shoulda woulda coulda, yeah, Dutchy may have been an option.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How many first grade kickers would you have backed to make that kick, especially at the end of a tough match? Even Haz missed occassionally .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He made a couple of pressure kicks in reserve grade last year. Sometimes you make them sometimes you don’t. I’m sure he’s more disappointed then anyone in the way he hit it and hopefully it will make him more determined tomorrow back at training.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
I'd say give yourself an uppercut but after reading this bullshit, you'd miss your own chin.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to be a pretty special kicker to get those. Alot of pressure, opposition fans you need to block out but he will learn from it.

He's generally been very good with the kicks, the refs would have found a way for the storm to win if we equalised.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For those wondering why he took it out further... it's apparently because when the kick hooks there's a greater angle out wide.

If you notice when Rhyse kicks there's a fair bit of left swing on it... Kinda like this

)

So by going out wider he's giving the ball a greater chance to swing back across the open face of the goal posts (rather than kicking directly/straight forwards at a lesser angle).

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those wondering why he took it out further... it's apparently because when the kick hooks there's a greater angle out wide.

If you notice when Rhyse kicks there's a fair bit of left swing on it... Kinda like this

)

So by going out wider he's giving the ball a greater chance to swing back across the open face of the goal posts (rather than kicking directly/straight forwards at a lesser angle).
? further out the narrower the target not wider,the wider the gap more room to swing it through lay off the VB

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can think of two players that get that kick

1. Halligan
2. El Magic

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he hit the tee which is why it missed so badly

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would have been nice if he gets it and we went on to win. But given some of the dud calls I think the ref would have piggybacks Melbourne into position for a field goal attempt.