Last kick by Martin

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Or he's still fairly new in FG and human. He will learn heaps from this and next time when perhaps it counts a lot more than we will be ok.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Haha nah he’ll be right, just didn’t strike it cleanly. Interesting about the rushing bit, I wonder if the fine he copped was playing on his mind?
Immense pressure and he’ll be better for it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
i thought he took a lot longer than usual.
I wouldnt be concerned by it at all. Jarrod Croker had a blunder in his first situation like that (albeit in a final) and he's turned out ok

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He missed a pressure kick in Reggie’s earlier this year as well.Dutchy has won 2 games with pressure kicks in first grade so may have been a better option.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seriously? He looked like he took his time with it to me.... he’s not the first very good kicker to miss one under pressure. To challenge his integrity like that is completely classless....and absurd.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The pressure really fucked him, was very overwhelming! I hope this was the case, he is a sharp shooter.. and the look on his face on the big screen.. he was shell shocked..!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just bad luck and don't forget he was just fined ( or the club was) for time taken over the limit to kick. Not that it would have mattered because time is automatically called out in the last five to circumvent time wasting once a conversion is taken and the ball is being returned to half way.

What I did not like about the whole thing was the way they basically shoved the camera in his face after the game ..poor bloke was beside himself that he missed the kick but no they can't leave him alone. Bet if it was the illustrious CAMMMMMM Smith they would have been straight up to him to console him rather than seek to basically embarrass him.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Are you on heavy drugs

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Admin/Mods,

We need IQ tests to become members here.

Yeah I know I may have failed the test.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was he a kicker in reserve grade before finally make the grade? Just don’t remember him being called a sharpshooter before his debut.

Anyways it was unlucky these things happen

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh, He will learn and grow... Just hop[e he doesn't go on missing streak now :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: