Last Dead Last

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of doom and gloom which I get. Realistically a top 8 would have been a great result this year. I would say 8-12 is what our talent pool should get.

Now you lose your 2 top paid front rowers before a ball is kicked and any team will struggle. We got whipped with penalties and 6 against in the heat. We didn’t control the ball. We made a mountain of tackles. And lost a player for 10 where manly put on try’s on either side of the half.

Yes the score board suggest it was a hammering. But we were probably going in even at the half. Fatigue, missing key personel, having to blood players we probably wouldn’t have and let’s not forget manly just won the preseason comp (fair enough it’s a Mickey Mouse thing). So their form is good and having Tommy turbo back.

I know it’s easy to make excuses. I have mentioned this elsewhere our real comp are the dragons, raiders, tigers, dolphins, knights, warriors. If we are losing 30-6 to those teams then I can get the doom and gloom.

We had a shit game. We got fatigued. We dropped more balls then the pride month. It happens. We have a chance against an under strength Melbourne team. Then we have tigers in round 3 which is a must win. That will tell us where we stand.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s ok only round one. roosters always lose there first 2-3 games it’s too early to bag the dogs out also 2012 bulldogs lost there first 3 games and then started a win streak with like 12 wins in a row just have hope everyone
the difference is the Roosters have stars and have 4 key players out.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember after the belmore game we'll be dead dead last! (Pls let me eat my words)
Fuck this team man
when do we get the bye

probably the only points we get in a while

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not worried we lost, I'm worried we looked lost, seemed to have no game plan and were the worst team by a fair margin over the weekend.

At least the Dragons are back this round, I'm pretty confident they'll be shitter than us.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the team got flogged again on the Friday before the game, like last week?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the WAY we played not the result that is the red flag. What I'd do for a good fullback and half, let alone some good props. When Max King was your only decent forward that gave a toss there's a huge problem.
Yes indeed all that. Frankly I’d have begrudgingly settled for a competitive loss where we showed a lot of positives and signs of good combinations forming but just failed to get over the line. Yes we ridiculously lost Flanno to the bin, but apart from maybe the first 10-15 min, we were never in the contest. A tougher examination next week v Storm. Burto, Kikau, JAC where are you?

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly game:
Burton out on a full twice
Kikau kicking on last play
Flanagan sin bin
Kiraz HIA
RFM knocked on twice
Burton and Flanagan are not connected.
Attack is horrible and will not gel. Ciraldo needs to make tuff calls like Wayne Bennett.
My Solution is Karl Oloapu as 7. A full season to get ready for 2024. His young and ready.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of cultural history, sharing of feelings n vulnerabilities, listening to ex players tell them how good they were back in the day. If only they had time to learn to kick off, run straight, count tackles, toughen up. May be that's what they do that this week now that the feelings stuff has been sorted.
Can you imagine if Potter was in control of the preseason with the boys?? There’d be none of that BS.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes indeed all that. Frankly I’d have begrudgingly settled for a competitive loss where we showed a lot of positives and signs of good combinations forming but just failed to get over the line. Yes we ridiculously lost Flanno to the bin, but apart from maybe the first 10-15 min, we were never in the contest. A tougher examination next week v Storm. Burto, Kikau, JAC where are you?
Can’t really blame JAC as he barely got the ball any chance of Burton giving Kikau the ball?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not worried we lost, I'm worried we looked lost, seemed to have no game plan and were the worst team by a fair margin over the weekend.

At least the Dragons are back this round, I'm pretty confident they'll be shitter than us.
Want to make a bet? They have an Origin standard half at least

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should have sent the squad to go train with the Dolphins during the off-season... the team would have played with more heart .