Rumour Lachlan Lewis

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one thinks we'll get or deserve compensation for a backup off contract half.. But there's no reason it can't help open up a dialogue to see what forwards they want taken off their books to free up cap space and sort out their squad imbalance etc. We might as well while we have them on the phone..
I don’t really see what bearing Lewis would have on that though. We would be interested either way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t really see what bearing Lewis would have on that though. We would be interested either way.
A gesture of good will giving them Lewis for half a season might mean we get preference to negotiate with one of their forwards over another club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true that Canberra want Lachlan then it's time for us to take a page out of Melbourne's book and see who we can get back in return. All these guys that would let him go for a Big mac meal deal or a dirty nappy pull your heads in......you guys would be the first complaining that we don't have enough depth if the situation arouse.
This situation (of trading Lewis to Canberra) certainly arouses some on here! lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pick Lachey @ 6 and make him Captain. Avocado can play fullback and Wakeham can play water runner for Mounties. Hoppa to 7 with his slow legs but silky hands. Dietz to the wing, Meeney to Lock and Flange in the 9.

To some on here that will sound MENTAL, which is exactly how I feel about FBaz selections every Tuesday.

Just jokes.. except the bit about Lachey at 6 and Captain..:tearsofjoy:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If true that Canberra want Lachlan then it's time for us to take a page out of Melbourne's book and see who we can get back in return. All these guys that would let him go for a Big mac meal deal or a dirty nappy pull your heads in......you guys would be the first complaining that we don't have enough depth if the situation arouse.
Some here would say that we did the Raiders a favour when we signed him from them in 2016.

Honestly, although he is not the stellar player we thought he might have been after his initial performances in an under achieving side, at least what you see is what you get and he actually does put in an effort. To blame him for a lot of our problems is unfair. We have consistently under performed for the last few years and it is a host of players who have not been quite good enough to get us up the table. That aside, coaching efforts have consistently been average. I am afraid that Lachlan may only ever be a good reserve grader and to ask anything more might be too much. Depth is important.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does Wakeham do more of than Lewis?

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trade him for a few litres of that Canberra Milk to make our boys big and strong

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Lewis is some kind of bargaining chip that will make the Raiders give up a decent forward is kidding themselves. With holding the fact about how average he is he is also off contract at the end of the season. No team is going to give up anything decent for that.
Not even a disgruntled forward who is agitating for a move?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed but Could we not use Lewis in the lock position similar to that of Victor Radley? Strong Defence and can be used as somewhat of a link between halves? What else do we have to loose this year
Fuk me dead Lewis can not tackle in the middle , he tackles only low which is predominantly on a edge
When teams target him close to the line he has been found out every time

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would only want him for depth. A halves combo of Wighton and Lewis would be diabolical.

Sam Williams will stay first choice and Lewis would be backup therefore I don’t think they offer up much.

The only advantage we would get would be a roster spot

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously don’t get the hate Lewis gets. Absolute chameleons here. Bag a player then plays a good game then praises him. He does better then most of our buys.. tell you one thing he saves a try a game with his defence . Won’t be surprised if he goes up another level elsewhere
Never had a singular good play let alone a good game Lmao

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed but Could we not use Lewis in the lock position similar to that of Victor Radley? Strong Defence and can be used as somewhat of a link between halves? What else do we have to loose this year
You seriously comparing him to Radley?
Radley is a ball of muscle anda maniac.
Lewis is a good defender? For every great one on one tackle he makes he misses one, gives away repeat sets and is always last man up off the ground

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never had a singular good play let alone a good game Lmao

Dally M points
Rd 16 V Knights 1 point
Rd 21 V Broncos 2
Rd 23 V Warriors 3 see video for highlights
Rd 22 V Rabbitohs 3
Rd 23 V Eels 3

so he has had a few good games

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Dally M points
Rd 16 V Knights 1 point
Rd 21 V Broncos 2
Rd 23 V Warriors 3 see video for highlights
Rd 22 V Rabbitohs 3
Rd 23 V Eels 3

so he has had a few good games
I think we resigned him the next year for pretty decent coin too cause he played well that debut year.