News Lachlan Lewis Is Not The Answer

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what others are seeing in him putting on size and moving him as a lock.
He'll be even slower for starters . He doesn't posses an explosive burst of power to be dynamic. And he'll be trying to overplay his hand in plays hence nullifying the impact of the halves.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The article mentions to the head high tackles and sin bins, after ll the shit things he has done we are only pointing out the careless tackles, what planet are we living on.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched him in nsw cup for a few years ago and thought he's got to bulk up and play lock. Blind Freddy could see he's not a half .he's got no pace or acceleration passing game non existent
playing lock would offer another option for the team.
If he showed promise as a half I doubt raiders would have let him go...
He has no pace or leg drive, hole running ability and ball playing skills and you want him to play lock? Hes not suited to any position.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The article mentions to the head high tackles and sin bins, after ll the shit things he has done we are only pointing out the careless tackles, what planet are we living on.
You only had to listen to Greg Alexander when he commentates on Dogs games. He really doesn't think much of Lewis.

I still would like to see Wakeham have another go. The last couple he got a go in, one was our forwards getting pumped, and the other was the last 10mins when Newcastle where fighting back in the rain and a similar situation was occurring. Rather he get a go when we can be at least evens in the forward battle. And last time he was in that position he looked decent, tried some things, and if we had a reserve grade would have learnt heaps to apply it at a lower level. More chance of him learning from Barrett on how to play his hand better, and he has a running game which Lewis just doesn't have the speed to try.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck we have had some shit halves since Shifty.
I think that's the problem, we have all expected him to be another Shifty or Mortimer and he just isn't.
However, I think he should still have a place on the team somewhere solely on the strength of his defence, bulk him up into a lock or second row perhaps?.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You only had to listen to Greg Alexander when he commentates on Dogs games. He really doesn't think much of Lewis.

I still would like to see Wakeham have another go. The last couple he got a go in, one was our forwards getting pumped, and the other was the last 10mins when Newcastle where fighting back in the rain and a similar situation was occurring. Rather he get a go when we can be at least evens in the forward battle. And last time he was in that position he looked decent, tried some things, and if we had a reserve grade would have learnt heaps to apply it at a lower level. More chance of him learning from Barrett on how to play his hand better, and he has a running game which Lewis just doesn't have the speed to try.
Dont forget he only just stepped up to reserve grade last season and only had a small amount of game time in reserves due to injury.

And 100% hes played the majority of his 1st grade game time behind a badly beaten pack this season.

The kid crumbled under pressure and made uncharacteristic simple errors.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that's the problem, we have all expected him to be another Shifty or Mortimer and he just isn't.
However, I think he should still have a place on the team somewhere solely on the strength of his defence, bulk him up into a lock or second row perhaps?.
So what's the reasoning of not getting a lock who can both defend and attack?

Why are we trying to fit lewis in there when all hes good for is one on one tackling around the legs?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the reasoning of not getting a lock who can both defend and attack?

Why are we trying to fit lewis in there when all hes good for is one on one tackling around the legs?
Well, yes, but defence wins games as well and he has shut the oppositions attack down more often than not.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, now even Fox Sports, Lewis' main cheerleaders are pointing out he is crap. That only took them a year. Welcome to the party ladies, better late than never I guess

Next week its Tolman's turn

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has the shape of a 6, but not the brains, skill or speed.

Turn him into a beefy back-rower and lock him to one edge and I think he could actually turn into something that resembles a first grader.

I think Trent Barrett sees something in him, but I don't think Barrett sees him as a half. Good thing is we're bringing in a coach that knows what it takes to be an NRL half, so I have faith in his judgement either way.
How do you think he would handle the role of dummy half?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the facts are with Lewis is that the only games where he has ever played "good", has been at the end of the season when there has been no pressure.
he has started the year at 6 or 7 for the last 3 years, and he has been sacked every year. He can not handle pressure and hopefully we never see him in a dogs supporter ever again.
He is not a lock or backrower, these days they are as fast as outside backs and Lewis would almost be the slowest player in the team.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put on some beef and move to lock he's no half
That Idea has been put forward many times on TK, even with his frame he can handle the big boys, and at 13 he is still close to the action where he can use his long boot when required. Many underestimate the value of a long kick even if it finds an opposing player on the full.
At present we would not be losing much by having him in the forwards instead of Tolman and even Napa. But I agree he should never be in the halves ever again.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, now even Fox Sports, Lewis' main cheerleaders are pointing out he is crap. That only took them a year. Welcome to the party ladies, better late than never I guess

Next week its Tolman's turn
They must be reading TK.