Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

• Yes

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 51.4%
  • This is too much pressure. AHH!!

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t exactly fly that way to me. Why where they pre determined? Why are they more desirable then us? Cowboys finished below us this season somehow so Holmes is obviously family reasons. Arrow didn’t want to leave Gold Coast. Went for money. Latrell wasn’t a case of this either. I also don’t think Raimen was a case of this. He went to knights for the kid! He went back for $ and a club that is currently competing better than us
Arrow’s wife had modelling opportunities for her in Sydney she couldn’t get on the Gold Coast, didn’t move purely for $$.

Plus I’m sure it’s better for rep football chances playing with Souths/Bennett than the Titans...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Arrow’s wife had modelling opportunities for her in Sydney she couldn’t get on the Gold Coast, didn’t move purely for $$.

Plus I’m sure it’s better for rep football chances playing with Souths/Bennett than the Titans...
Very true and we didn’t have the money for 2020. That doesn’t seem to sink in with some of the whingers

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm mates with Jesse Ramien Uncle and he told me Jesse was always going back to the Sharks as soon as the fallout at the knights happened. The Bulldogs were only a fall back club if he couldn't sign with the Sharks.

He also told me he has another nephew in Dubbo who he reckons will be a better player than Jesse.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep 2021 something happens I hope but there may be only shite available
See what happens I think the club has deliberately left the 30th spot open in the squad for 2020 Not necessarily for a marque player but every year there is mid season transfers before June 30.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Anthony Mundine's cousin that was looking to join?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Yeh. We are a Sydney club.

If the rep comment is realistic (could well be) it only casts more concerns on how unappealing we are and our coach with you listing Wayne

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Deadset some arrogant people make some fools of themselves.

Arrow was signed for 2021. The year we have the self reported “war chest”.

Pushing for an early release is another topic. I’ll say it again. Arrow was signed for 2 0 2 1....

The delusion is so strong in some.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Deadset some arrogant people make some fools of themselves.

Arrow was signed for 2021. The year we have the self reported “war chest”.

Pushing for an early release is another topic. I’ll say it again. Arrow was signed for 2 0 2 1....

The delusion is so strong in some.
He’s a good player but not in a position we need, particularly for his asking price. I’m glad you’re not recruiting for us.

We never said war chest, that’s a media term. The club said we’ll be in a position to recruit marquee players from 2021, not that we have a war chest haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s a good player but not in a position we need, particularly for his asking price. I’m glad you’re not recruiting for us.

We never said war chest, that’s a media term. The club said we’ll be in a position to recruit marquee players from 2021, not that we have a war chest haha
Napa and Tolman are our starting Props. Tolman is ageing and Napa isn't a starter imo (controversial). Arrow is one of the best Props in the game the only issue is he has picked up a few niggling injuries in succession (back spasms). Arrow doesn't fit the build of players we'll sign as there is competition for him and we don't want to pay overs (JAC and any other player will be the exact same). We're still an opportunity and last resort club regarding signings. Does that change next year? We'll wait and see.

Also we do have a war chest. If we just retain our players that we want to keep - we've already basically done this (this year is the last year for the back ended deals and players just on more than they're worth), we're going to have a couple of million at least to spend. That's just common sense. Our current team is not a 9.9m team (the salary cap in 2021).

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Napa and Tolman are our starting Props. Tolman is ageing and Napa isn't a starter imo (controversial). Arrow is one of the best Props in the game the only issue is he has picked up a few niggling injuries in succession (back spasms). Arrow doesn't fit the build of players we'll sign as there is competition for him and we don't want to pay overs (JAC and any other player will be the exact same). We're still an opportunity and last resort club regarding signings. Does that change next year? We'll wait and see.
Do you think he’ll play prop for Souths?
I’ll be very surprised if he’s not at Souths for this season. Let’s hope it changes just so we don’t have to hear your repeat the same opinion over and over. Stay tuned. I started replying before you edited your post so will leave it at that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you think he’ll play prop for Souths?
I’ll be very surprised if he’s not at Souths for this season. Let’s hope it changes just so we don’t have to hear your repeat the same opinion over and over. Stay tuned. I started replying before you edited your post so will leave it at that
I don't see Murray moving from lock therefore Arrow will be starting Prop. I guess Murray could play second row but I think it's a waste. Arrow's best position imo is Prop (and Rabbitohs are heavily weak there).
In Latrell's press conference higher ups (not sure of there name and position) said they were trying to still get Arrow over for this year.
Also if Arrow desperately wanted to move a season early like you said we couldn't fit him in. Maybe that's the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone but I still think we should be able to recruit at least someone decent for 2021 that's off contract now (a lot of them have moved elsewhere already).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't see Murray moving from lock therefore Arrow will be starting Prop. I guess Murray could play second row but I think it's a waste. Arrow's best position imo is Prop (and Rabbitohs are heavily weak there).
In Latrell's press conference higher ups (not sure of there name and position) said they were trying to still get Arrow over for this year.
Also if Arrow desperately wanted to move a season early like you said we couldn't fit him in. Maybe that's the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone but I still think we should be able to recruit at least someone decent for 2021 that's off contract now (a lot of them have moved elsewhere already).
Wayne will just push for the interchange to be reduced to six alot faster now because he has a very light middle third

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Also we do have a war chest. If we just retain our players that we want to keep - we've already basically done this (this year is the last year for the back ended deals and players just on more than they're worth), we're going to have a couple of million at least to spend. That's just common sense. Our current team is not a 9.9m team (the salary cap in 2021).
Exactly right.

You don’t move Murray and they need a prop badly. He is a prop. Though I think we are putting our eggs in the Thompson basket by the looks of it (forgot this is a position we don’t need)

He’s also signed and sorted his future for 2021 again I’ll say 2021. I worry about some people’s ability to face reality.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let’s see what Wayne Bennett does I guess. Arrow is a waste at prop. He wants to move now and we were in no position to accommodate that as the club have said and I have said numerous times. Do you have a list of players that have signed with other clubs for 2021 and not 2020?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly right.

You don’t move Murray and they need a prop badly. He is a prop. Though I think we are putting our eggs in the Thompson basket by the looks of it (forgot this is a position we don’t need)

He’s also signed and sorted his future for 2021 again I’ll say 2021. I worry about some people’s ability to face reality.
You have no idea what the club are doing sorry. Prepare for egg on your face yet again. Arrow wants to move this season, not 2021...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I honestly think Napa can start. 20-25mins first stint and same second stint. It was fine towards the end of the season when RT came in and ripped through the middle. With Tolman unfortunately as hard as he works and is reliable he is also ineffective as he isn’t explosive like the modern props Taupau, AFB, Bromwich Fifita, Haas etc. If we had someone a bit stronger to partner Naps it wouldn’t be a bad rotation. Tolman is the one I think should start from the bench as he’s too slow for the first 20.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Neither do you, you say we don’t need the position yet we are going for one in Thompson.

Arrow can want to move now, we can also want addo carr, can smith and Thurston to come out of retirement. Doesn’t mean sweet f all. If titans don’t get what they want he is signed for 2020 there. Mel has already said they offered a winger and said no.

I’ll say it again He signed for 2021. Not 2020. 2021. Sorry it doesn’t suit your theories.

For the record I hope we do pull something off and the fans finally have skme thing to be happy with the recruitment and staff for. It’s been dismal besides Dwz and as most admit that fell in our lap.

In October it was said the seasons just finished let’s see what happens in the coming months. Well 2020 season is what 8 weeks away? Who’s available now for 2021? Are we now waiting to see who gets released? Will we be the same as the bunnies are waiting for arrow to get released ? Offering up players to get early releases or head into 2022 with a dismal roster? If that’s the case why would players all of a sudden want to come to us if they don’t now over clubs like the bunnies etc as others have said ? There is a long chain of events right now that need to be broken.

Judging by the comments some seem to be positive around addo carr and thompson. I hope this pans out. It’s a huge step forward if they do pull that off. Though if we see addo carr go to tigers or somewhere like the roosters or Rabbitohs what then? Maybe 2023? Would our handful of decent players hang round for another 3 years of shit?

Anyhow with 2020 season almost here I guess will see more as it unfolds but the current situation is not promising at all.

Last edited: