1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Lachlan Lewis in swap deal with Addo Carr

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by Jackson_1994, Jan 7, 2020.

?

Is swapping Lewis with Addo-Carr a good swap?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2020.
  1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

75 vote(s)
    51.4%
  3. This is too much pressure. AHH!!

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  1. kungfuman

kungfuman Kennel Regular

Ramien said he wanted to return to the Sharks ,Arrow is on money we cant match yet if you think Lattrell would come here over the tigers who offered over a mill and he still went to souths? and as you said Holmes wanted to go home

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. kungfuman

kungfuman Kennel Regular

Yep 2021 something happens I hope but there may be only shite available

3. Baseball Furies

Baseball Furies Kennel Enthusiast

Arrow’s wife had modelling opportunities for her in Sydney she couldn’t get on the Gold Coast, didn’t move purely for $$.

Plus I’m sure it’s better for rep football chances playing with Souths/Bennett than the Titans...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Natboy II

Natboy II Kennel Enthusiast

Very true and we didn’t have the money for 2020. That doesn’t seem to sink in with some of the whingers

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

I'm mates with Jesse Ramien Uncle and he told me Jesse was always going back to the Sharks as soon as the fallout at the knights happened. The Bulldogs were only a fall back club if he couldn't sign with the Sharks.

He also told me he has another nephew in Dubbo who he reckons will be a better player than Jesse.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NPC83

NPC83 Kennel Regular

See what happens I think the club has deliberately left the 30th spot open in the squad for 2020 Not necessarily for a marque player but every year there is mid season transfers before June 30.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Grunthos

Grunthos Kennel Regular

Whatever happened to Anthony Mundine's cousin that was looking to join?

8. Abu Azrael

Abu Azrael Kennel Enthusiast

He went to Syria for a holiday

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Ditkovich

Mr. Ditkovich Kennel Regular

His son, CJ Mundine, signed with Souths

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Kennel Immortal

Yeh. We are a Sydney club.

If the rep comment is realistic (could well be) it only casts more concerns on how unappealing we are and our coach with you listing Wayne

11. Bulldogs09

Deadset some arrogant people make some fools of themselves.

Arrow was signed for 2021. The year we have the self reported “war chest”.

Pushing for an early release is another topic. I’ll say it again. Arrow was signed for 2 0 2 1....

The delusion is so strong in some.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Natboy II

He’s a good player but not in a position we need, particularly for his asking price. I’m glad you’re not recruiting for us.

We never said war chest, that’s a media term. The club said we’ll be in a position to recruit marquee players from 2021, not that we have a war chest haha

• Like Like x 1
  13. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

Napa and Tolman are our starting Props. Tolman is ageing and Napa isn't a starter imo (controversial). Arrow is one of the best Props in the game the only issue is he has picked up a few niggling injuries in succession (back spasms). Arrow doesn't fit the build of players we'll sign as there is competition for him and we don't want to pay overs (JAC and any other player will be the exact same). We're still an opportunity and last resort club regarding signings. Does that change next year? We'll wait and see.

Also we do have a war chest. If we just retain our players that we want to keep - we've already basically done this (this year is the last year for the back ended deals and players just on more than they're worth), we're going to have a couple of million at least to spend. That's just common sense. Our current team is not a 9.9m team (the salary cap in 2021).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Natboy II

Do you think he’ll play prop for Souths?
    I’ll be very surprised if he’s not at Souths for this season. Let’s hope it changes just so we don’t have to hear your repeat the same opinion over and over. Stay tuned. I started replying before you edited your post so will leave it at that

15. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

I don't see Murray moving from lock therefore Arrow will be starting Prop. I guess Murray could play second row but I think it's a waste. Arrow's best position imo is Prop (and Rabbitohs are heavily weak there).
    In Latrell's press conference higher ups (not sure of there name and position) said they were trying to still get Arrow over for this year.
    Also if Arrow desperately wanted to move a season early like you said we couldn't fit him in. Maybe that's the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone but I still think we should be able to recruit at least someone decent for 2021 that's off contract now (a lot of them have moved elsewhere already).

16. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Kennel Immortal

Wayne will just push for the interchange to be reduced to six alot faster now because he has a very light middle third

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bulldogs09

Exactly right.

You don’t move Murray and they need a prop badly. He is a prop. Though I think we are putting our eggs in the Thompson basket by the looks of it (forgot this is a position we don’t need)

He’s also signed and sorted his future for 2021 again I’ll say 2021. I worry about some people’s ability to face reality.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  18. Natboy II

Let’s see what Wayne Bennett does I guess. Arrow is a waste at prop. He wants to move now and we were in no position to accommodate that as the club have said and I have said numerous times. Do you have a list of players that have signed with other clubs for 2021 and not 2020?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Natboy II

You have no idea what the club are doing sorry. Prepare for egg on your face yet again. Arrow wants to move this season, not 2021...

20. NPC83

NPC83 Kennel Regular

I honestly think Napa can start. 20-25mins first stint and same second stint. It was fine towards the end of the season when RT came in and ripped through the middle. With Tolman unfortunately as hard as he works and is reliable he is also ineffective as he isn’t explosive like the modern props Taupau, AFB, Bromwich Fifita, Haas etc. If we had someone a bit stronger to partner Naps it wouldn’t be a bad rotation. Tolman is the one I think should start from the bench as he’s too slow for the first 20.