Official Lachlan Lewis extends his contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2021

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Destined for premierships now

Not shitting on him though these average signings aren’t changing anything for us.

Glad not long term and certainly won’t want to be much $
Young kid with potential,and I imagine paid accordingly,the Titans,and cowboys,were making enquiries,according to some radio stations,

A

Alexander the Great

Great to keep the kid with us for another 2 years. His defence and effort us what we need. Along side a few superstars he will end up being a key player for us. He just needs to work on his attack and speed and he will be sweet.

A

Alexander the Great

Well said. Give him another full year and I think he will be the goods
He is definitely the future of the club. Love his defence, love his attitude and he is still heaps young. Just needs to work on his attack- he was a bit rookie at times this year

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great to keep the kid with us for another 2 years. His defence and effort us what we need. Along side a few superstars he will end up being a key player for us. He just needs to work on his attack and speed and he will be sweet.
The key part here is what’s missing.

Along side a few superstars.... that we don’t have.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the contract is worth. I hope it's not too much.

Lewis is an amazing defender, maybe the best defensive half in the comp. But he regressed with his attacking game last season, he has no running game and our attack even more stagnated with him in the lineup. Hopefully he improves on those areas in the offseason.

I hope Wakeham gets more of a chance this season because I'd hate to see him move clubs without being given a proper chance here.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, fucking waste of $$$ oh but he has Bulldogs DNA and he is such a great defender.
People forget he is a half and can’t do anything but tackle. Well done Bulldogs management ... retards
Waste of money? Just locked in a potential future half and worse case scenario a capable back up for 2021 if the club explores other avenues...

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bright side of this signing is that its only a 1 year extension which definitely rules out the re-signing of Foran

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the contract is worth. I hope it's not too much.

Lewis is an amazing defender, maybe the best defensive half in the comp. But he regressed with his attacking game last season, he has no running game and our attack even more stagnated with him in the lineup. Hopefully he improves on those areas in the offseason.

I hope Wakeham gets more of a chance this season because I'd hate to see him move clubs without being given a proper chance here.
I'd be shocked if Coggar doesn't start the season with Lewis considering its his last yr to shine. First half to fail will get dropped for Wakeham…

Hoping Lewis and Wakeham kick on, something tells me they can get the job done around a solid squad and wont cost a bundle.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waste of money? Just locked in a potential future half and worse case scenario a capable back up for 2021 if the club explores other avenues...

WTF Potential future half lol.. halves can kick, pass, direct play, create opportunities, control the game and win games. ALL Lachlan can do is tackle LOL and he’s your future half?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I watched Cooper Cronk discuss how to get Ash Taylor back on track and the main talking points was something like this:

1. Get your defense straight - dont miss tackles
2. Work on your kicking game, get your kicks right
3. Then you work on your running/passing/combinations

Lachlan Lewis has the correct foundation to build off. Even if he isn't producing too much offensive output, he is not a liability in defense like so many young halves. He also seems very mature for his age of 21.