Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the most logical assumption. Everybody but Penna and Georgalis had limited info on players and considering they are coaches they would have been the main advisors.
Wasn't georgalis playing Lewis in the centres at the start of the season,, obviously under pays instructions....

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to wrap this kid up. He’s a once in a generation player for our team which can have so much impact and ultimately decide the outcome of a game for us. The last player we had was Barba, before that was SBW and before that was JT....as you can tell for our club there are far and few in between!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wasn't georgalis playing Lewis in the centres at the start of the season,, obviously under pays instructions....
Well yes, that's where he trained during pre season and the head coach is in charge during pre season.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to make sure this guy is in the Blue and white for a long time and not let him slip through our fingers like Cook!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder... were we playing him in the centres to get his 1 on 1 defence finely tuned?

I don't give a shit what others think... I really can't wait to see him and Foran out there next year. Hopefully Foran can stay fit because if he can... gees we will give the comp a shake up.

Re Rhyse Martin, he only wanted to sign for 1 year because he feels it keeps him playing more competitive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he’s just pacing himself, showing everybody little bits of his game each week, no need to show your whole arsenal when we’re not making the finals, better to show flashes of absolute brilliance and work on his game in the off-season so he can be a Dally M medalist next season...or so I hope.
Having seen him play since last season there really isn't alot to his game in terms of running game and creativity, so i don't really think he's holding anything back. He should improve the more he plays.

The things i think he really needs to focus on are getting on the ball multiple times a set and playing both sides of the ruck and playing into the line and using short balls to link up with runners. I think these are the areas he is capable nailing down and he develops his game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely he'd have to be in contention (along with Martin) for NRL Rookie of the Year?

Lachy is definitely pacing himself and has a few more things in his bag of tricks. He's only just started to explore his kicking game, and he's still got a bit of going to the line and throwing the late ball left to show.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis was directly involved in 19 of our points today.
  • Put Elliot into a gap for a try
  • Scored a try himself
  • Chip kick to BMoz for JMoz to score
  • Field goal
P.S. He missed one tackle that lead to a try, but held up Blair for an almost certain try.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Having seen him play since last season there really isn't alot to his game in terms of running game and creativity, so i don't really think he's holding anything back. He should improve the more he plays.

The things i think he really needs to focus on are getting on the ball multiple times a set and playing both sides of the ruck and playing into the line and using short balls to link up with runners. I think these are the areas he is capable nailing down and he develops his game.
I think his running game will come. Watching him it seems he wanted to get his defence and kicking game in order first. Hoping to see him run more soon but he is getting better every game.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Surely he'd have to be in contention (along with Martin) for NRL Rookie of the Year?

Lachy is definitely pacing himself and has a few more things in his bag of tricks. He's only just started to explore his kicking game, and he's still got a bit of going to the line and throwing the late ball left to show.
Radley unfortunately has it sewn up....only because he basically had a full season.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird how he never set NSW cup on fire with his efforts but he was solid. Then gets a crack at 1st grade & turns a dull attacking team into looking like a top 4 side.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird how he never set NSW cup on fire with his efforts but he was solid. Then gets a crack at 1st grade & turns a dull attacking team into looking like a top 4 side.
Someone on here mentioned it been down to, the players around you. Also maybe a mind thing you never know but a good point nonetheless.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true better players around you make a half look better cause they setting them up

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He was firing well in NSW Cup. All his games super consistent.

At the time he was playing though we didn't have the best hooker option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.