Kyle Flanagan no try/assist/LB

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't recall hearing Flanagan's name called during the game, or seeing him produce anything that looked like we were going to break the Bunnies line. Yet, some people are down on Burton, even though he contributed to most of our points scored.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Kyle is not dropped this week, I’d be very surprised - for one, his influences are non-existent, secondly, his stats validate this point, thirdly, he’s not executing anywhere near required for a halfback and lastly, we’ve reached the “so called” 5 round decision time rumoured on making a call.

If he’s in the squad, it’s madness.
Plus we need an emotional separation from that last game… just some gap…I liked what CC said in the presser that if u put on a Bulldog jumper… not good enough… but shifting the foundation we could achieve that with this shift.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine being like Flanagan. Get paid a few hundred thousand a year to do nothing and watch others look like fools as they make up for their halfback doing nothing.

I give Burton a lot of crap too, but at least the guy does something and tries. Flanagan hides and stays out of it so he keeps a clean sheet.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s on 500k and isn’t getting re-signed so who cares

KO will play when cc thinks he is ready or Flanno is injured or even just “injured” if we’re desperate

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na, we still would've been arse lol. This is the exact reason Ciraldo wants to carry Okunbor on the bench.
Yup a wing getting injured during the game is the worse scenario for this team ….any other position we cover but wing just fkd everything up as highlighted last night and also round 1 when Kiraz was in HIA (which spooked Ciro cos he brought in Okonbor after that)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing that amazes me is for professional footballers you would think they have the time to go through and practise the what-ifs a little. You would think they would get a run at several different positions and know how to defend.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We signed him, we are selecting him - apparently no one trains harder and you couldn’t say he is not putting in a 100% effort on the field.
So, I’m not going to get personal or insult the guy - I’ll only be wishing him the best when he runs out for us.

Whilst we have so many forwards out I would keep selecting him - he is tough enough and I’d rather wait for a few minders out there before we blood a rookie.

At some point, however we need to look to the future and Flanno is not the future.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We signed him, we are selecting him - apparently no one trains harder and you couldn’t say he is not putting in a 100% effort on the field.
So, I’m not going to get personal or insult the guy - I’ll only be wishing him the best when he runs out for us.

Whilst we have so many forwards out I would keep selecting him - he is tough enough and I’d rather wait for a few minders out there before we blood a rookie.

At some point, however we need to look to the future and Flanno is not the future.
Completely agree.

As a defensive half he is one of the best in the NRL and while we are struggling with forwards this is a good thing.

If only we could find a way to get him out of the way in attack.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont know im still scratching my head over alamoti on the wing for fuck sake

2 tries they scored because of that in last 20 in first half, ffs and he sits in the fucking presser saying they ran 2 tries down us before halftime yeah **** becaue you put alamoti there
Not sure he had much choice, we don’t carry wingers on the bench.
All he had to do was switch Kiraz to other wing or burton in centre with Reynolds at half.
That would have stopped at least 5-6 tries.
Leaving Alamoti Topine and Preston together is honestly criminal by Ciraldo. He will learn from his poor mistakes. We forget he is a new coach.
Exactly what @Moey said.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because it’s like talking to a brick wall, baby! Don’t know how many times I’ve pointed out that he won us the Melbourne game.
But but it was a weakened Melbourne team so not worth the win…

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But but it was a weakened Melbourne team so not worth the win…
It was a weakened Melbourne team… so just think how embarrassing it would have been to lose to them and thank the ‘gun for the fact we didn’t.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a weakened Melbourne team… so just think how embarrassing it would have been to lose to them and thank the ‘gun for the fact we didn’t.
You are amazing when defending the water pistol :tearsofjoy: