Kurtley Beale might be looking to play NRL

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He brought back the Mortimer magic for a while . . . Nothing happening . . . Nothing happening . . . BANG ! Sidestep and he is gone !
electric, nothing the same in today's game.
Vagana, wish we had a similar player, what a champion

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. What a talent. We don't have footballers like that anymore.
Too small now, that size of talent doesn't reach first grade often anymore. We had Him at 7 and Lamb at 6 . . Both would be too small now . . . Both won Rothmans medals and killed it often

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vagana, Loved that guy too, pretty sure it was just after the rabbits were readmitted, he scored 5 tries in a match . . . I was there with a bunch of rabbits fans and we thrashed them
Yep, tried to count to 5 on his fingers as a post try celebration, forgetting that he had two fingers taped together, so it didn't work [emoji23]

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, tried to count to 5 on his fingers as a post try celebration, forgetting that he had two fingers taped together, so it didn't work [emoji23]
When you score 5 ,you can count them however you like

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way too old to be trying to break into the NRL. Would be better trying his hand in ESL.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He brought back the Mortimer magic for a while . . . Nothing happening . . . Nothing happening . . . BANG ! Sidestep and he is gone !
I remember a quote from one of our players back then:

-"Ewen was incredible. The opposition had no idea what he'd do next. Problem was, neither did we".

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vagana, Loved that guy too, pretty sure it was just after the rabbits were readmitted, he scored 5 tries in a match . . . I was there with a bunch of rabbits fans and we thrashed them
Highlights of that game can be found on Youtube, I think.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turnstile in defence 10 years ago lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've got enough quality halves coming through the grades and at least three serviceable halves options for the NRL. Wasting a roster spot on a 30+yo who might take a few years to fit in would be a disaster. Let's just close and lock this thread.

Please mods.