Rumour Kurt Mann

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm ok with this signing, who else is there honestly. If his signings means young kids that aren't ready for FG don't get thrown into a spine position, then thats great for us no matter what way you look at it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FOXSPORTS

The Bulldogs are reportedly set to acquire the services of Knights utility Kurt Mann in yet another recruitment play from supremo Phil Gould.

Mann, 30, is without a contract for the 2024 season and has already completed a medical with the Belmore-based club according to The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio.

He expects the club to table Mann a two-year deal, with Newcastle powerbrokers unlikely to stand in his way.

“We know they have picked up Jaeman Salmon, Blake Taaffe as well, I can tell you the Bulldogs have forward a two-year offer to Kurt Mann,” Riccio said on Triple M.

“Again, it probably sits in that bracket of the Bulldogs looking for footballers with know-how.

“That have been around the game and are a certain standard of player, that certainly is Kurt Mann.

“I can tell you he was on the Bulldogs’ site to undergo a medical examination and my indication is that that has all gone swimmingly.

“I expect the Dogs to forward a two-year offer, at this point in time I don’t know if the Knights are going to put up a fight.

“They have a couple of big ones to re-sign, Bradman Best and Jacob Saifiti.”

Mann could join Blake Taaffe, Jaeman Salmon, Stephen Crichton and Bronson Xerri ahead of their first seasons with the Bulldogs.
This dude has barely been fit all season but his medical went "swimmingly". Infact I think he isn't even playing this week because he's injured lol

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't understand the 2 year deal, it's a potential wasted roster spot in 2025 and only lessons our war chest, should have been a one year with another year in the clubs favour

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least we've got more regular first graders next year than NSW cup.

Taffe
JAC
Critchton
Xerri
Kiraz
Burton
Sexton
Taukeiaho
Mahoney
King
Preston
Kikau
Mann

Salmon
Knight
Hughes
Patolo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another terrible signing imo...

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he better than Knockonmore? Well he provides more than a traffic cone, so it’s a yes in which case the team will be better than this year.

Will he make a significant difference? time will tell but gut feel is not likely

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another terrible signing imo...
The signing of the player itself I don’t see as terrible. The two biggest issues we have are Props & Halves. Whilst the lack of Props being targeted is a concern.

The halfback market is ordinary. Our halves in development players are ordinary at best.

Sexton is the only actual 7 in our roster that could be considered NRL level. Even he is probably number 16 or 17 best in the league.

The signings of players like Mann, Taaffe & Salmon are all cheapish players that between them can cover every position on the field barring Prop. I think due to the halves shortfall. The likes of Taaffe and Mann in particular are there as halves backup whilst also offering versatility.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The signing of the player itself I don’t see as terrible. The two biggest issues we have are Props & Halves. Whilst the lack of Props being targeted is a concern.

The halfback market is ordinary. Our halves in development players are ordinary at best.

Sexton is the only actual 7 in our roster that could be considered NRL level. Even he is probably number 16 or 17 best in the league.

The signings of players like Mann, Taaffe & Salmon are all cheapish players that between them can cover every position on the field barring Prop. I think due to the halves shortfall. The likes of Taaffe and Mann in particular are there as halves backup whilst also offering versatility.
It's a bottom of the barrel signing that does nothing for us. It's very uninspiring. Mann is not that great at every position on the field and that's why he's a utility. His best position is probably lock.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bottom of the barrel signing that does nothing for us. It's very uninspiring. Mann is not that great at every position on the field and that's why he's a utility. His best position is probably lock.
Agree he is nothing great. We don’t however have a backup 9 or 7. We also don’t have experience and leadership in any capacity in the team. He will be that backup player. The lack of senior leaders is why our attitude is lacking. You can say he isn’t good but we need a half/hooker and there are none out there. He is the best of a bad bunch.

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At least he knows how to find a white line, right? Taking a bump off Pinga in the cubicle wasn’t he?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should try the one marker approach Anderson used
Forgot about that
The way we are going Mann and Salmon will probably be our back rowers. With our luck Preston will suffer second season syndrome and Kikau will be injured for the year again