News Knights star 'Dominic Young' tours Bulldogs facilities

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whilst a very good player, seems a strange decision.
JAC not going no where, so it means kiraz to centre. Centre we already have xerri, alomoti and averillo, plus skelton, a few young blokes also coming through, cant see it as he wants good money
Agree. I really hope he stays at Newcastle. Hastings probs won't play for England again but you'd have him, Kai Pearce Paul, Dom Young and potentially B.Hodgson on the right edge. Like seeing combinations like this that can benefit international footy even if it's only minimal.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whilst a very good player, seems a strange decision.
JAC not going no where, so it means kiraz to centre. Centre we already have xerri, alomoti and averillo, plus skelton, a few young blokes also coming through, cant see it as he wants good money
Nothing is a guarantee under Gus, nothing..

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I been thinking about this and maybe with the massive extra size on Xerri we can play him as a small 13!
Left field I know!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are 100% Correct, but staying for less is the PR crap that has to be fed to world.
We finally have the resources & the knowhow to have our players stay for less in the front pages of the wages journal & top them up with sponsorships & third party deals through the back door.
And sponsorships are easier to find if you are a top four team.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Skelton gets a lot of love on here. I have only seen him play on three occasions but apart from a fantastic try against a well beaten Raiders reserves team, he has really done fark all. The other two games were against Parra where he was invisible, and Newtown where he was hooked for some really poor efforts in defense.

Perhaps he was carrying a back injury and that affected his performances but to say he easily has a higher ceiling than Dom Young is WAY over the top in my view.

In no way am i writing him off, but all we know about him at present is that he can be a powerful runner. I take the Rugby sevens stuff with a grain of salt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gee Skelton gets a lot of love on here. I have only seen him play on three occasions but apart from a fantastic try against a well beaten Raiders reserves team, he has really done fark all. The other two games were against Parra where he was invisible, and Newtown where he was hooked for some really poor efforts in defense.

Perhaps he was carrying a back injury and that affected his performances but to say he easily has a higher ceiling than Dom Young is WAY over the top in my view.

In no way am i writing him off, but all we know about him at present is that he can be a powerful runner. I take the Rugby sevens stuff with a grain of salt.
Na he definitely showed freakish ability during his first month with us, you just happened to see 2/3 of his worst games.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really rate dom young all that much. Certainly not enough of an upgrade on Kiraz to justify spending money and and potentially losing kiraz for

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na he definitely showed freakish ability during his first month with us, you just happened to see 2/3 of his worst games.
Perhaps, but they were pretty bad games.

I hope like hell that he is indeed a freak of a player ... but need to see much more before making judgement.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Skelton is a freak he would have no problem unearthing Young these guys need to be f
FG not make it into cellar dweller teams fingers crossed… there not fkn ready for FG blame Covid blame the facilities blame there early debut….

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perhaps, but they were pretty bad games.

I hope like hell that he is indeed a freak of a player ... but need to see much more before making judgement.
We were discussing this last year but I'm pretty much convinced he was carrying an injury and/or getting hammered at training. His form drop came right around the time Gus confirmed they'd given him a contract.