News Knights star 'Dominic Young' tours Bulldogs facilities

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do we sell tickets to these tours ? . . . Clearly everyone wants a look

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton is predominantly training at centre and wing and in 99.9% sure if and when he debuts it will be on the wing even if named at centre
We probably don’t need Young then. Even though he is ready togo, Skelton could be an excellent winger once he gets used to it.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to bolster our pack desperately. Signings like Young just make this harder to do
Not really coz currently we only have 8 players contracted for 24 relax and enjoy the ride the Dogs have finally got outta the hole we were in trust the process the club is in good hands they will take us back to where we belong ! [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji190]

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way it all reads wingers are big bodies these days, need to make meters, Gus and cam looking at broncs, melb and roosters. Oks, Casey arenot meter eaters. So no real depth, if they get moved on. Jac is amazing and probably my fav player but I do wonder how much left he has. If towards the end he looses a meter or two he looses a lot, his defence will show more.
never wanted to say that, he’s my fav signing but in reality speed is amazing but age will catch up and the next big thing will come along. Gus has said he’s looking to the future. So it’s good to have options if we can afford it?

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The way it all reads wingers are big bodies these days, need to make meters, Gus and cam looking and broncs, melb and roosters. Oks, Casey are not meter eaters. So no real depth, if they get moved on. Jac is amazing and probably my fav player but I do wonder how much left he has. If towards the end he looses a meter or two he looses a lot, his defence will show more.
never wanted to say that, he’s my fav signing but in reality speed is amazing but age will catch up and the next big thing will come along. Gus has said he’s looking to the future. So it’s good to have options if we can afford it?
Whilst a very good player, seems a strange decision.
JAC not going no where, so it means kiraz to centre. Centre we already have xerri, alomoti and averillo, plus skelton, a few young blokes also coming through, cant see it as he wants good money

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Alamoti claims one centre spot. Obviously we can’t keep them all though. Young is a great winger, so he’s not a factor. but we’re looking at Kiraz, Alamoti, Xerri and Skelton all vying for a centre spot. Not even mentioning Casey, Burns and Perham. Good headache to have though. May the best boys win.
Love it as you say may the best boys win.

There has seriously been very little competition for a jersey.

If we are leaving genuine first graders in cup it will be the first time in a long time.

It’s a blow for Kiraz, Casey, Skelton,Alamoti if we sign Young but they are all competing for the remaining centre position. No time for complacency over the next 12 months and they need to go to another level to make sure they get a jersey.

If we lose any of these guys, I say SO WHAT!!

Get used to it as the good clubs lose potential stars every year as you can’t give them all a jersey.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really rate Dom, and any other year from 2017-21, he’d be a great signing, but for next year it’s a little overkill with the talent we have. Although I’m not 100% sold on Alamoti, Skelton looks good. This is all to drive his price up.
skelton looked good in the few games he played in reserves last year but I think alomati is ahead of him for the start of this year.

Last edited:

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Not really coz currently we only have 8 players contracted for 24 relax and enjoy the ride the Dogs have finally got outta the hole we were in trust the process the club is in good hands they will take us back to where we belong ! [emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji190]
We have 22 currently signed for 2024. 8 spots left to go

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst a very good player, seems a strange decision.
JAC not going no where, so it means kiraz to centre. Centre we already have xerri, alomoti and averillo, plus skelton, a few young blokes also coming through, cant see it as he wants good money
Seems very strange indeed. Unless there’s a player not living up to the hype. Will always back the call, yet don’t see this one happening. Can’t see the value for the team, unless was willing to take unders