Fox Sports Klemmer

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not a utility and so he doesn't fit our model.

In all seriousness though.... Why is it that other teams identify that a lack of a half is the single most important priority in a team and forwards are disposable, yet in our team, we have the half position ranked the very last?

I suppose our ladder position answers that question...

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No in my opinion. It has potential to then effect money for proposal to AFB think we will need the money to compete with saints and wests also want make a offer to AFB. If klemmer stays at wests. It makes it near impossible financially with there offer to Luai as well so strategic I say no

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

In all seriousness though.... Why is it that other teams identify that a lack of a half is the single most important priority in a team and forwards are disposable, yet in our team, we have the half position ranked the very last?

This has annoyed me for years
Watching us go hard on JAC, Cotric, DWZ etc and ignore Reynolds, Townsend, even Benji and then logging onto the kennel watching everyone praise these signings ‘iz our year cuz iz our year I feel it in bones mad players now’
I’ve known we will be bottom 4 every single year since our 2018 meltdown and have said it and been attacked but history showed I was right.
Dreaming and guys like that currently copping it

Our big mistake was Barrett and Anderson.
I SCREAMED when I kept hearing barrett talk about buying youth and, as I said at the time, ignore the fact you need experience and especially experience in the halves.
Burton needed an old head.
Flanagan needed an older head.
Flanagan did not need Burton and vice versa and Barrett is a retard for not seeing this.
Pair a young and an old.
Thankfully Gus knows this fact at least.
The only time two young halves have ever worked was Foran and DCE but these two literally kicked on to be the best in the business.
So unless we get the worlds future best half and worlds future best 5/8 it was doomed.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given our need to FR, I’d take him, but only have him back for 2024. In 2025 it needs to be AFB, and someone like May would be nice.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a solid stop gap for 2024, then considering we land AFB and may
Then moving him to the bench to rotate with king. I could get on board with the following.

8 king

9 Mahoney

10 AFB

11 kikau

12 Preston

13 Curran

14 hutch

15 May

16 klem

17 knight

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is declining as a player. Over 10 years in the league I think his best years are gone even though he should be hitting his peak.

I would still prefer one or both of the saifiti brothers but that’s long odds of happening. Not a fan of his mobility or his speed or his play the balls. And offers nothing in second phase play. In the 90s and 2000s would have been the best prop in the game. But middles are expected to do more then tuck the ball under their arm.

In saying all that he would be the best prop at the club and will shore up our middle defence. Also had been quite durable which all would be good for us. Still don’t rate how he walked out though. And not in the realm of a 850k prop. If he comes for 550k I wouldn’t mind it, as long as we still have cap fluidity for a AFB or likewise.

If Klemmer is at the expense of a world class prop I’d rather have another bad year :unamused: and wait for 2025.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How do you know that half position is ranked last? By all reports, we were after Mitch Moses, Ben Hunt etc. Your claim really has no basis, you’re just speculating for the sake of it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would take him, however if it is going to jeopardise our available cap space for potential signing of AFB then no... We don't need to be affording Tigers any wiggle room, because say they get Luai and have a good season in 24' perhaps they could become more appealing than us.
That's part of the issue. There's no point helping the Tigers get cap space to sign players we want to sign but can't because we have Klemmer on the books.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is total bullshit and if there is any merrit to it would probably be a trade for AFB

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any prop forward with size and credentials not named Aaron Woods should be prioritised. I'd take him in a heartbeat. We'd still have the coin for AFB easy I reckon.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perfect stop gap till we get a gun prop ,gets good meters will be good for our young props

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s the last prop we had that had that Bulldog mongrel in him, would be a good pick up if another team is paying some freight

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is bad culture otherwise hed still be at the knights
3 bottom placed clubs in past what 5-7 years have given him the flick. Assuming this story is correct, not a good sign is it. Can’t hear any of the top teams fighting over he’s signature

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have preferred Twal for less money and less brain explosions and carry on.
You’re usually on the money bro, but not this time. Twal is average. Klemmer isn’t exactly a top prop these days but he’s at least better than Twal. Who knows if Klem was into it, he could fire up coming back to Belmore.