Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think starting on the bench is the best thing for Tolman as well. He won't get dominated in tackles as much after the early sting has been taken out of the game.
It's the best thing for the team imo. If Tolman doesn't like it then he can improve his game and force his way into a starting role, or he can ask for a release and start at another club that doesn't have the Australian frontrow infront if him.

For me the starting lock needs to bring something extra, and atm Tolman doesn't do that. He covers well in defence but he doesn't exactly hit hard or dominate tackles, his runs are also fairly average. He's also a small forward yet he lacks the speed and footwork you would expect from one.

I have said it so many times but Tolman really needs to sacrifice his "engine" and put on some size and power into his game. There's no point in playing big minutes if they're low intensity and offer very little with the ball in hand. A bigger, more powerful and aggressive Tolman off the bench with his workrate and experience over a shorter period is far more valuable to the team than him grinding big minutes.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing you need to remember about Tolman is that Hasler thought he was the best prop in the game. So as long as Pay doesn't believe that is the case than i dont think there is anything to worry about. Pay as coach could be the best thing to happen to Tolman. He will have to earn his spot in the team and that means more than just topping the stats sheet each week.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the best thing for the team imo. If Tolman doesn't like it then he can improve his game and force his way into a starting role, or he can ask for a release and start at another club that doesn't have the Australian frontrow infront if him.

For me the starting lock needs to bring something extra, and atm Tolman doesn't do that. He covers well in defence but he doesn't exactly hit hard or dominate tackles, his runs are also fairly average. He's also a small forward yet he lacks the speed and footwork you would expect from one.

I have said it so many times but Tolman really needs to sacrifice his "engine" and put on some size and power into his game. There's no point in playing big minutes if they're low intensity and offer very little with the ball in hand. A bigger, more powerful and aggressive Tolman off the bench with his workrate and experience over a shorter period is far more valuable to the team than him grinding big minutes.
Totally agree Tolman is to slow no coach can help that. Bench will be ok for him. Comes on when sting is out of the game. I like a backrow of Danny F at lock rfm and jackson on the edges.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably just lazy journalism where they copy and pasted the team last year, swapped in Woods for Graham and didn't bother changing much else. Would love to see the line up to see who they had in the halves and at fullback to see how much thought went into it. I'll bet Foran was in at 6 for Reynolds too.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The last club side that had the Australian 8 and 10 in their starting side was Brisbane about 10 years ago. By having Tolman there makes zero sense. I thought Woods & Klemmer were impressive during the World Cup.
It’s a no brainer. I’m certain Pay won’t stuff up.

Tamou
And

The other cowboys prop forgot his name??

Only couple of years ago

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree Tolman is to slow no coach can help that. Bench will be ok for him. Comes on when sting is out of the game. I like a backrow of Danny F at lock rfm and jackson on the edges.
In today’s telegraph Tolman has said he’s keen to captain the Bulldogs next year. Can you imagine the hysteria is this happens ?
He’ll be a starting frontrower & with play big minutes and continue to be the sides go to man on the 4th tackle.

N

Natboy

In today’s telegraph Tolman has said he’s keen to captain the Bulldogs next year. Can you imagine the hysteria is this happens ?
He’ll be a starting frontrower & with play big minutes and continue to be the sides go to man on the 4th tackle.
Hopefully he meant in NSW Cup

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can see Tolman being the captain and I also expect Clay Priedt to become kennel scapegoat

A

Alexander the Great

Id say average..he was just a basic safe footballer who had a half decent kicking game..
To say he was shit is a bit harsh compated to the rubbish that mybe and reynolds served up for most of the year.

Fuck Frawley is shit

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he already plays prop, what is he going to do different?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.