KLEMMER MUST PLAY FRONT ROW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but notice in today’s telegraph a possible Bulldogs side for round one. It had listed David Klemmer as no
13. For Canterbury’s sake I hope Dean Pay realises he has the origin & test frontrower in his team.
I don’t know of many clubs sides that have had the luxury of having the current Australian front rowers in their team & if so I guarantee you they’ve never missed the finals.
Klemmer is not a lock. He’s not mobile enough.
What to do with Aiden Tolman ?
Put him on the bench .
just out of interest what was their side? I can’t seem to find it and while I know they would have probably have no idea, I want to see what they believe our strongest 17 is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way i see it, we've downgraded a little on depth at prop with international experience since both Kas and Graham had played rep footy. But given the year Kasiano had last season, the downgrade is small compared to 2017. If we get good service from whichever hooker gets the nod we'll be right with Klemmer and Woods there. Our bench forwards won't be high profile, but hopefully with two internationals starting at 8 & 10 they will set a platform for the benchies to come on and steamroll tired opposition packs. Tolman at prop will have more impact than when we had Stagg playing there. And hopefully he'll continue to offer the offloads that he was starting to show late in the season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I couldn’t help but notice in today’s telegraph a possible Bulldogs side for round one. It had listed David Klemmer as no
13. For Canterbury’s sake I hope Dean Pay realises he has the origin & test frontrower in his team.
I don’t know of many clubs sides that have had the luxury of having the current Australian front rowers in their team & if so I guarantee you they’ve never missed the finals.
Klemmer is not a lock. He’s not mobile enough.
What to do with Aiden Tolman ?
Put him on the bench .
its only the dt saying that. Probably a typo.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to see Danny F as our starting lock. He played 1 game this year at starting lock and went well. He has a bit of pace and very good leg drive. Id give him 2 (25 minute stints) i reckon he will kill it if given the chance.

As for Tolman and Eastwood; well they can play off the bench or nsw cup. Preferably nsw cup. Give the younger guys a go like martin taualu elliot etc.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for people saying that Tolman should be used as a tackling machine is stupid. Rugby League is half def half attack. Tolman is probably the worst attacking player in the history of the game. He cant even run a decoy; the def wont even bother worrying about as a decoy. Id like to see an up turbo style of play next year and if Tolman is there he will just belant our attack.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to try and utilise the squad we have in 2018 as best we can. We have to face facts that tolman is part of that squad and will be in the 17.

I would play him at 13 as an extra prop for the first 25 mins. When woods and Klem come off, I would put him at prop and bring on Danny and Eastwood. If Eastwood gets fit and hungry I think he can add something to our side and Pay is the man to get him there. He hits hard, has footwork and an offload so I would play him inside the second rowers on either edge in attack and he will defend tight.

I would start with Jacko and RFM on the edges. I’m not a big Elliot fan.

I hope Eastwood has a big go this year because we really need him to provide a bit of spark when he comes on now that Kas is gone.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for people saying that Tolman should be used as a tackling machine is stupid. Rugby League is half def half attack. Tolman is probably the worst attacking player in the history of the game. He cant even run a decoy; the def wont even bother worrying about as a decoy. Id like to see an up turbo style of play next year and if Tolman is there he will just belant our attack.
Most good judges would say that defence is more than 50% of the game....... most premierships are built on defence that is aggressive and able to absorb repeat sets and not leak easy points.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most good judges would say that defence is more than 50% of the game....... most premierships are built on defence that is aggressive and able to absorb repeat sets and not leak easy points.
Tolman= desball he epitomizes desball. I could probably handle him off the bench but for limited minutes only. Eastwood is just fat an lazy. His a bad influence to the younger guys. The bloke doesnt even chase on kicks his just fat and lazy.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to try and utilise the squad we have in 2018 as best we can. We have to face facts that tolman is part of that squad and will be in the 17.

I would play him at 13 as an extra prop for the first 25 mins. When woods and Klem come off, I would put him at prop and bring on Danny and Eastwood. If Eastwood gets fit and hungry I think he can add something to our side and Pay is the man to get him there. He hits hard, has footwork and an offload so I would play him inside the second rowers on either edge in attack and he will defend tight.

I hope Eastwood has a big go this year because we really need him to provide a bit of spark when he comes on now that Kas is gone.
Ill difficulty agree with you on starting rfm and jackson on the edges. Danny F at starting lock for me. It gives us an explosive backrow.

Same here im not a big fan of elliot.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When judging any of our forwards over the last couple of seasons we should keep in mind that the dummy half service has been somewhere hovering between poor and absolutely rubbish. Prior to that time a lot of our forwards who didn't have great acceleration were able to dominate. Among them both Graham and Tolman were highly rated by everyone. A lot of people who now fling shit at Tolman are among those who used to cry foul that Tolman had been overlooked for too long for origin selection. Most people would agree that Lichaa doesn't give quick service from dummy half and as a result of that, opposition defenses have been able to rush up on our forwards before they get the ball. For a guy like Klemmer who does have slightly better acceleration he's been able to keep making some decent running metres despite poor service.

I understand that people are getting excited about Lichaa potentially doing some good things with his running game. But he still needs to improve his service a lot to be considered a worthy hooker in my opinion. And if he can't learn to time his passes prior to the 2018 season I'd prefer he gets moved back to the bench or the lower grades. Tolman is not the dud attacker that people label him, nor was Graham as he displayed in his world cup games. It's just that to see the best of any of our forwards they need to get well timed passes so they can hit their full pace by the time they get the ball.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When judging any of our forwards over the last couple of seasons we should keep in mind that the dummy half service has been somewhere hovering between poor and absolutely rubbish. Prior to that time a lot of our forwards who didn't have great acceleration were able to dominate. Among them both Graham and Tolman were highly rated by everyone. A lot of people who now fling shit at Tolman are among those who used to cry foul that Tolman had been overlooked for too long for origin selection. Most people would agree that Lichaa doesn't give quick service from dummy half and as a result of that, opposition defenses have been able to rush up on our forwards before they get the ball. For a guy like Klemmer who does have slightly better acceleration he's been able to keep making some decent running metres despite poor service.

I understand that people are getting excited about Lichaa potentially doing some good things with his running game. But he still needs to improve his service a lot to be considered a worthy hooker in my opinion. And if he can't learn to time his passes prior to the 2018 season I'd prefer he gets moved back to the bench or the lower grades. Tolman is not the dud attacker that people label him, nor was Graham as he displayed in his world cup games. It's just that to see the best of any of our forwards they need to get well timed passes so they can hit their full pace by the time they get the ball.
I agree. But im confident lichaa can come good. He was always considered a great talent coming through the grades, so hopefully he comes good next year.
As for Tolman, i really dont understand how much hate he gets either. If we are all willing to give lichaa a pass for next year, among other players, then surely tolman gets one too??
Our whole team was one dimensional last year. But what do you expect, hey were all instructed to play like robots.
Tolman has enough footballing ability and experience to be able to change up his game next year. He hasnt lasted this long in the game by chance. If Pay changes the structures, and has our forwards running good lines and decoys, and encourages an offload, then theres no reason he cant be a different player next year.
Given so mamy people think Tolman is a shit prop, perhaps he was meant to be a lock all along lol.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lock him in with Woods as the front rowers. Its a no brainer......

Aiden Tolman would be a perfect match at Parramatta to be honest.
Junk
Exactly bro, only a moron like Des would move the NSW/Australian front row. We all know what type of shit **** des is.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. But im confident lichaa can come good. He was always considered a great talent coming through the grades, so hopefully he comes good next year.
As for Tolman, i really dont understand how much hate he gets either. If we are all willing to give lichaa a pass for next year, among other players, then surely tolman gets one too??
Our whole team was one dimensional last year. But what do you expect, hey were all instructed to play like robots.
Tolman has enough footballing ability and experience to be able to change up his game next year. He hasnt lasted this long in the game by chance. If Pay changes the structures, and has our forwards running good lines and decoys, and encourages an offload, then theres no reason he cant be a different player next year.
Given so mamy people think Tolman is a shit prop, perhaps he was meant to be a lock all along lol.
Tolman is too soft and slow. Des or no Des a new playing style or sturture wont help Tolman become faster. I can handle him off the bench but thats it.

Danny F needs to be our starting lock. His way more explosive then Tolman. Danny F rfm and jackson in the backrow= moblie footwork quick explosive. Obviously Woods and Klemmer front row. That will give us an elite starting pack I reckon.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to sell Tolman. How much he on? Next year we should be looking for halves and improve spine. Then the year after sell Tolman and others and see where else we can improve in the squad!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman= desball he epitomizes desball. I could probably handle him off the bench but for limited minutes only. Eastwood is just fat an lazy. His a bad influence to the younger guys. The bloke doesnt even chase on kicks his just fat and lazy.
Can't agree with either of those propositions. Tolman is a good footballer who did the job he was asked to do. If he is asked to do a different job by Pay I'm pretty confident he will do that as well. Look at the change in Graham once he left the influence of Des. Best he has played in 3 years. Tolman is still only relatively young for a forward and has plenty to offer. Eastwoods problem is in his head not his belly. If he switches back on he can be a genuine force and I'm sure Pay knows that. I expect him to get the best out of both of them next season.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think people are now very clear on the negative impact Hasler had on the team. The players will clear their collective heads this year and play some outstanding footy.
The good thing is the players have enormous respect for Dean Pay. That will show up this season in their performances, in spades.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have 2 better props than Tolman in the team so Tolman is a bench prop. No need to force him into the starting side at all.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You said we need to utilise the squad we have, yet state that Tolman is part of the top 17 out of 30 players.... wat.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have 2 better props than Tolman in the team so Tolman is a bench prop. No need to force him into the starting side at all.
I think starting on the bench is the best thing for Tolman as well. He won't get dominated in tackles as much after the early sting has been taken out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.