klemmer , Jackson , Mbye poised to re-sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bmoz & Rona aren't stars? Lichaa will be too if he's allowed to play more of a role in attack.
Yes they are stars but we lost stars to sign them... Rona and Licha were not stars before they came to the dogs.. Potential yes but not stars!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who was the last star that the dogs signed in a postion like 1,6,7,9? That wasn't over the hill and was maybe an automatic selection in the aussie side? Or even origin or kiwi side?

Kimmorley was over the hill
Morris was a winger

I used to think we didn't need them but I'm over not winning a Comp I grew up in an era when we were winning every few years and even in the 90's it was very successfull...

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who was the last star that the dogs signed in a postion like 1,6,7,9? That wasn't over the hill and was maybe an automatic selection in the aussie side? Or even origin or kiwi side?

Morris was a winger

I used to think we didn't need them but I'm over not winning a Comp I grew up in an era when we were winning every few years and even in the 90's it was very successfull...
We won 1 comp in the 90s lol.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We won 1 comp in the 90s lol.

Yes we did we

93&94 minor priemers
94 made the grand final
95 we won the grand final
98 made grand final
97 semis
91play off

That isn't succefull?

Manly
Canterbury
Broncos
Raiders

All successfull in the 90's

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes we did we

93&94 minor priemers
94 made the grand final
95 we won the grand final
98 made grand final
97 semis
91play off

That isn't succefull?

Manly
Canterbury
Broncos
Raiders

All successfull in the 90's
How's that not similar to where were at now? two gfs appearances inc a minor prem, Haven't missed the finals under hasler

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well the following decade (2000-2010) was lame in comparison to the 90's that's true but we still got that premiership. Now this decade has been ok but no premiership win makes it feel shit :( still time though!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the following decade (2000-2010) was lame in comparison to the 90's that's true but we still got that premiership. Now this decade has been ok but no premiership win makes it feel shit :( still time though!
I think if we can re-sign these 3 our future is safe. Probably one big name signing away from teams fearing us though.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How's that not similar to where were at now? two gfs appearances inc a minor prem, Haven't missed the finals under hasler

Mate it's not similar we played in 3 grand finals and won 1 2 minor premierships..

This decade
2010 no finals
2011 no finals
2012 grand final and minor priemship
2013just scrapped in final
2014 gf
2015 finals

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Between 93 and 98 we had very good chances of winning comps maybe even 99 if not for Ricky Stuart

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Roosters?
Eels?
Panthers?
Roosters lost Maloney, RTS and Jennings.
Eels have only signed Foran and still have one of the worst squads. Please don't sat Scott and Gordon.
Panthers very similar to Eels. Sign solid first graders at best and have a weak squad.

Malla

Reaction score
Can't go buy one picture of TRex. Wanna see him overcome adversity of the year, show some heart and play like it was 2013.

It seems as though Des has put everyone through their paces this off season. Everyone looks a lot more trim than usual.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Morris was a winger

After T-Rex, I'd rather we didn't tie up a huge part of our cap on marquee players. We are better to buy half a dozen decent players and develop them into a cohesive unit. Better a star team than a team of stars.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't go buy one picture of TRex. Wanna see him overcome adversity of the year, show some heart and play like it was 2013.

It seems as though Des has put everyone through their paces this off season. Everyone looks a lot more trim than usual.
The last thing I want is for him to play like its 2013

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would replace trex with the following off contract players in order

Gillett
Aubbo
Tariq Sims
Joel Thompson
Ethan Lowe

Realistically I can only see Sims or Thompson coming over out of the listed above

off contract list at bottom of article

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...p/news-story/f9536c055aecaad983168ddf62a5a8b7
They are probably using his money for all the upgrades, Klem, Jacko, Mbye, Lane so there probably wont be any replacing at all. Elliot or Renouf will probably get promoted to a bench spot.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still poissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed. We are supposed to have a resolution to all of this on Valentine's day.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still poissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed. We are supposed to have a resolution to all of this on Valentine's day.
dammmmmmmmmmmn, another 11 months on waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.