klemmer , Jackson , Mbye poised to re-sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is an article in the telagraph is someone able to post it that has subscribed

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/43a4a67db673b004562be66eafe4cf9c

THE Bulldogs will begin 2016 buoyed by officially landing a trio of big-name signatures in the Belmore kennel with young guns Josh Jackson, David Klemmer and Moses Mbye all poised to ink long-term contracts.

NSW Origin forwards Jackson and Klemmer are expected to have extensions with the Bulldogs rubber-stamped at the club’s football Annual General Meeting at Canterbury Leagues club on February 14.

The Bulldogs and Blues young guns have attracted numerous offers from rival NRL clubs but the duo have never seriously contemplated leaving Canterbury-Bankstown, where coach Des Hasler enjoys strong support among his playing group.

The Bulldogs are also tipped to officially announce Mbye’s signature at the AGM, hopeful his pairing with No. 6 Josh Reynolds can take the club to a new level this season.
Melbourne Storm had made a serious approach to Mbye well before Christmas but he is believed to have been persuaded by the lure of continuing his football education under ex-champion playmaker Hasler.

The Bulldogs are expected to part company with Tony “T-Rex” Williams at the end of the year, following on from the departure of
Frank Pritchard at the end of last season

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs will begin 2016 buoyed by officially landing a trio of big-name signatures in the Belmore kennel with young guns Josh Jackson, David Klemmer and Moses Mbye all poised to ink long-term contracts.
Please note the key words in this article: Josh Jackson, David Klemmer and Moses Mbye all poised to ink long-term contracts.

They are all poised to sign which means that they haven't as yet. Maybe they're all sharing Mbye's verge to sign. So, with the comp to start in less than six weeks time the morons that impersonate our recruitment and retentioin team have screwed up big time... again.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are they on the verge on is poised the next step after verge and before tomorrow?
great news once official
bit of hope heading into 2016

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news! On this news, we just re-signed three of the gun players in the NRL.
Awesome!

Now can we stop criticising our recruitment please?
Now can we please stop bashing the club, bashing Des, bashing Castle etc?

Hodkinson had to go (on performance & we would have lost Mbye).
Lafai leaked in D all year (sadly) and I was a Lafai fan.
Frank is the only tragedy BUT as others have said, he is 30 plus and it really came down to IF you wanted to keep him which of these big three would you prefer to lose?

Go Bulldogs!

Now about Williams! That is a big call in this article when the season has not started.
If you check on you tube - He was a wrecking ball - but we never got what we bought.
IF the article is true, he is unable to gain his strength / condition and will never be the rampaging wrecker we signed but have never seen. And the club already knows this?
Any word on this?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sure is. Trouble is he actually looks fit for a change

Seriously.. imagine that running full tilt at you...

I THINK if TRex has a big year, he might score another 12 month contract.

He doesn't seem to be too much in demand, AND when he's in form (hasnt been for a while), but he can be a gamechanger.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wonderful news hope it's a 10 year contract for Klemmer and Jackson

I have a feeling trex will be good for us this year , maybe it's cause I haven't seen him play in awhile

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great news! Not official yet, but these things take time. The story is pretty specific and while the media print a lot of bullsh1t I think the story is probably on the money. Didn't really doubt they'd re-sign anyway, but if the article is on the mark and we have them all locked in before the season kicks off, that is awesome.

Not quite a job well done by the club just yet, but it looks like the good job is just about done to me.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Williams can be what Pritchard was for the dogs and the halves are consistent then I think we are on for a good year if not for the next 3 yrs.. minimum.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If Williams can be what Pritchard was for the dogs and the halves are consistent then I think we are on for a good year if not for the next 3 yrs.. minimum.
Yep me too. I worry about refereeing and administration, but I think the boys will be up for it this year and surprise some folks.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we are all in agreement that "poised" is one step closer than on the "verge"

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So we are all in agreement that "poised" is one step closer than on the "verge"
I don't know finchie, I thought verged and poised were the same thing. Does this mean the article about Mbye being on the verge a month or 2 ago should have been more along the lines of "Mbye, poised to going on the verge of re-signing"

Status
Not open for further replies.