Kiraz

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 tries, 211 metres, 10 tackle busts, 5 offloads..

He's doing this sort of stuff on a regular basis since he joined the club. What a find he's been. And to think some people were suggesting we replace him when we were linked to Dom Young... He's been one of our best players in every game he's played in.
He was never getting replaced with young!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coach figured it out early i suspect.When asked post match about Kiraz he said simply as the first point of his reply..
"Jacob's a winner".
I Love the kid big balls and all lol.
Also let's not forget his offload he is always looking to keep the ball alive.
Yeah, one of the highlights of an excellent presser, didn't hesitate, "he's a winner".

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ‘Lebanese express’ (can we say that in this day and age?)
He played great last night If your back 3 play well and make metres it’s just a roll on for the forwards.
He had 5 off loads and some good post contact metres. He is developing a knack for beating the first man in attack. Great right foot step. He did go into right centre a bit swapping with Avirello at times. I think they have a nice little combo going on which could be a great compliment to our stacked left side. Preston was good also very ‘Young Josh Jackson’ with his run lines and style

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You’d love to bottle up this blokes attitude and desire to win everything. If every player got on board and wanted it like Kiraz, we’d be every teams worst nightmare even if we aren’t the biggest, fastest, strongest team.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he’s a beneficiary of being at a crossroads with his career when leaving the knights. The type of guy that realises that it can be over in an instant has made him not die wondering. Feels like the same with Max King and Jacob Preston. If we can keep identifying guys like this it will be great for our clubs culture. He’s a competitor and has had to earn his path to NRL, not given to him through hype from being a gun junior. I think it’s telling that blow up he had with Corey Allan last year that Allan isn’t with the club anymore. It’s also no coincidence those players were the guys that hung around taking selfies with fans etc after the game.
Kiraz could be similar to an El Masri type player where he’s a reflection of the local community and a local junior. The type of guy young players in the juniors can aspire to be. If you have a go and compete for everything, don’t accept losing and have a desire to make it, you don’t have to be a superstar junior to excel at NRL level.

Congrats to him on a great game hopefully he can keep it up.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with that is we have Xerri coming next year too. Feel like if they move him to Centre it would be at the expense of Alamoti and he is one we definitely need to keep he is going to be a beast
The centre problem is still there with Skelton, and Crichton coming next year.

Crichton thinks he's coming to play fullback, but if Perham continues like he is going, he might find himself in the centres with Burton next to him.

We almost have too many potential centres, and the reality is if they fire this year, it's going to be a very crowded backline for positions (and that's before you include guys like Casey either).

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
When a player treats every play like its his last - High intensity - a fight to the very end. This is what this man embodies. We need him to infect more players into this intense attitude. He should be in the leadership group not long into the future.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a player treats every play like its his last - High intensity - a fight to the very end. This is what this man embodies. We need him to infect more players into this intense attitude. He should be in the leadership group not long into the future.
He is 100% every second of every game. It’s inspiring watching him play so no doubt he lifts everyone with his efforts.

He has the perfect power running game the wingers of today need and he has an offload to generate second phase play.

What a find he has been and no doubt he is a mainstay at this club for years to come.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wonder how close he is to origin? Freddy has a hard on for Sualii and Tupou so might be hard for some one else to crack it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Kiraz interview nine minutes if anyone is interested.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dally M Results: Round 2
  • Storm v Bulldogs — Jacob Kiraz - 6 points; Max King - 2 points; Jacob Preston - 2 points; Jake Averillo - 1 point; Hayze Perham - 1 point.
2 x 3pt votes for King Kiraz. Deserved them all. I would have gone King 2pts x 2, then 1 each for Perham and Preston.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This double voting thing will be interesting. Going to inflate some salaries

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The centre problem is still there with Skelton, and Crichton coming next year.

Crichton thinks he's coming to play fullback, but if Perham continues like he is going, he might find himself in the centres with Burton next to him.

We almost have too many potential centres, and the reality is if they fire this year, it's going to be a very crowded backline for positions (and that's before you include guys like Casey either).
Chrichton did say, recently, that he hadn't signed on with us to play a particular position; that no discussions were had around it during negotiations. How well that reflects his expectations, though, who knows?
We'll likely end up losing some of our centres to other teams but I kind of see it as a positive. It's been a long time since we've had so many talented players we couldn't field them all. :grinning:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the moment I heard he told off one of our players for laughing & joking after another ugly lose early last season I knew he was a keeper and blue & white through & through ..