Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do you propose we do that? Do you think there hasnt been any talks behind the scenes.
If they cant make the 17 at their respective clubs then we dont want them. It takes a spot for when something does come up.
You dont just sign a prop for the sake of it, thats not how you manage a salary cap.
You must be in the know, so well done

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mariner should never be called a beast, the guys a quitter if anything.
I don't know about that. When Mariner first came he was great, broke the line and created play. But he did have some pretty bad disruptions with injuries a couple of long term ones where he still worked his way back and that would have taken some dicipline and heart. He then went through that controvery and it was sorted out and he was man enough to come back and commit to the Dogs. Maybe theres more to it I don't know.

But all I am saying is if he is fit and his head is in the right place then we need him. At his best he can be agressive and he is a big unit and we need big agressive units to smash the line.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
the problem is they weren’t replaced, we already had knight and king and have fuck all forwards behind them. very thin through the middle this year
Knight didn't join us until July and as result had zero pre season.

Of our bigger bodies Patolo 185/110 only played 2 NRL games last season and Hughes 193/110 only played 5 games. Hopefully they will be available for many more games this season.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know we're desperate for props but I'm not holding out much hope with Patolo. Even when he's been fit, he's been pretty average. He deserves some luck with injuries and I'd love to see him prove me wrong but to me he's more of a Reserves player.

I'm more hopeful about Sam Hughes. He seems to have more upside. Either way we need someone to step up and take their opportunity.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know we're desperate for props but I'm not holding out much hope with Patolo. Even when he's been fit, he's been pretty average. He deserves some luck with injuries and I'd love to see him prove me wrong but to me he's more of a Reserves player.

I'm more hopeful about Sam Hughes. He seems to have more upside. Either way we need someone to step up and take their opportunity.
Exactly my thought. People saying patolo to me has been a potato. See nothing in him.

Hughes looked promising.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly my thought. People saying patolo to me has been a potato. See nothing in him.

Hughes looked promising.
100%.

Patolo could do an ACL just by lacing up his boots ffs.

Sutton needs to pull his finger out big time. It’s Sutton & Hughes we really need to step up once King/Knight come off for a spell

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Considering we are SHORT OF PROPS, I am very surprised we didn't make a offer????
Maybe he did approach him? He went well in the Tigers Q Cup GF win.

Would have thought he'd be better than Faama?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I rate him tbf but relying on inexperienced youngsters is bat shit crazy lol
Agree, he will be a good player but relying on him in his full rookie season is nuts. Can’t expect a Preston level season (unless the data analyst has tipped Phil off again).