Kimmorley out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iYike

I'm prepared to speculate that he could be back for the preliminary final even if he isn't 100%. A fractured cheekbone will not effect his running, kicking or passing skills. He could wear a headgear and play with painkilling injections. Besides, if we win the comp, I don't think Kimmorley minds if it takes him the whole off season to recover from the injury, as long as he helps get us there.

More importantly, I wish Brett all the best in his recovery, he must really be in alot of discomfort right now and I hope the damage to him is minimal, not just from the perspective of a bulldogs supporter that wants the half back back on the feild but from a personal perspective aswel, because Brett is a champion bloke and a role model, he is the last person that deserves this type of injury.
I'm sorry but just no. What happens when Kimmorely gets tackled and the opposing player rubs his hand into Kimmorely's face (Not illegal btw)? I'd have to assume that would be ****ing painful. And can somebody please tell me what the **** headgear would do?

Anastabation

Reaction score
I'm sorry but just no. What happens when Kimmorely gets tackled and the opposing player rubs his hand into Kimmorely's face (Not illegal btw)? I'd have to assume that would be ****ing painful. And can somebody please tell me what the **** headgear would do?
Well bear in mind he will still have 4 weeks to recover, and it is a 4-6 week injury.. therefore the fracture will have healed significantly over time. The painkillers would probably avoid much of the discomfort too. Headgear may or may not help him, I suppose it depends on how far the padding straps around the side of his head and where exactly the fracture is.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well bear in mind he will still have 4 weeks to recover, and it is a 4-6 week injury.. therefore the fracture will have healed significantly over time. The painkillers would probably avoid much of the discomfort too. Headgear may or may not help him, I suppose it depends on how far the padding straps around the side of his head and where exactly the fracture is.
He'll be healed by the second semi I reckon.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it is worse than expected. The break is severe to cheekbone and eye socket, he is gone for the season

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
THis is a fact. The Fracture runs from just above the teeth up to the eye socket. Its apparently a shocker of a fracture but they wont know about eye socket damage until surgery...Surger has either happened or is happening about now.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
Kimmorley will be out for a month.

He has 3 fractures in his cheekbone.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley will be out for approximately one month after scans today confirmed he has three facial fractures to his right cheekbone due to a head clash in yesterday match against the Warriors.

Kimmorley will undergo surgery tomorrow morning to insert two titanium plates and is expected to make a full recovery.

Kevin Moore will name Kimmorley’s replacement tomorrow afternoon when he announces his team to play the West Tigers for this Friday’s match at the SFS .

NRL.com

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
wish him a speedy recovery and im expecting that holdsworth will be his replacement

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully he will be right by for our 2nd final.

T

Toro

A MONTH!?!?!?

So at best, he'll return IF we make the Grand Final!??!?!

arrrrgghhhh!!!

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
Good news. We win week 1 finals then we have him from week 3 :D

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All we need is for Holdsworth to do nothing fancy for two games and then Noddy will be back for the GF qualifier. I still think he's a pretty solid 1st Grader if he keeps it simple.

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
Hopefully he recovers soon and we keep wiining :grinning:
If we do win the premiership this year its becoz of him and all the new management
if we dnt win..we hav had a very successful year in all aspects of the game.
welll done to all the playas n management!

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Back for week 3 of the finals if we make it.

We need to win week 1

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A month being 4 weeks or 5 weeks?

Give me an actual date FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.