Kikau training injury

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looks like it was a complete tear, would not be back until last few games of the season.
Definitely lightning does strike, but would like to hear more from club about how exactly during training this occurred.
I get the lower leg injuries at training, but such a bad upper body injury seems a little more unusual?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And so it continues yet another over rated and over paid injury prone forward getting well paid to sit on the sideline.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I completely understand the frustration, but Kikau’s situation is very different to TPJ. Kikau from all reports has been busting his guts for the team and has just been unlucky ( happens to other teams with stars as well).

TPJ is different for me as he kinda admitted he was taking the piss last year and then chose to box during off season when he already had injury niggles.

Last edited:

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea but they also won back to back premierships with Touma so it’s hard to work it out.
Travis was also part of 3 premierships at the roosters.
Yeah, and they still punted his ass because of the damage he was doing to the team. One of the worst runs of ACLs/ Shoulders/ etc in their clubs history.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, and they still punted his ass because of the damage he was doing to the team. One of the worst runs of ACLs/ Shoulders/ etc in their clubs history.
I’m sure behind closed doors Gus is looking into this to see if there is any correlation to all these injuries.

Also I find it interesting that Gus reposted on his twitter an opinion ( Bloke in a Bar podcast) about soft tissue injuries increasing, being possibly related to too much weight on frame. He is never going to outwardly make assertions towards Head Trainer for obvious reasons.

He does have a lot of connections at the Roosters which will be beneficial if needed in his possible research.

Last edited:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** here shitting on kikau are fkn disgusting. No player asks for these things to happen. The man represented his country at the world cup and lost his father during the preseason. Absolute putrid fans.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frank the Tank was out for most of 2014. Coincidentally he suffered the pec injury in round 6 and was out for a total of 20 weeks.

View attachment 68409
20 weeks for a pec. Yeh I thought so. Initial reports of 10 to 12 weeks were rubbish. Minimum is 14 to 16 weeks I'd suggest. You'd have to be so slow and careful in rehabbing a pec. Difficult thing to do, especially in daily life, having kids, carrying out daily household activities. Yikes.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL at all these niff nuffs who think they know better then the coaching staff, Complained for years about them being soft and not training hard enough/being unfit now its the opposite crying that they go too hard lmao.
People on here swing like a Fkn pendulum - any negative news/events and toys are thrown out of the cot, after wins, players and coaching staff are god-like figures.

most of us acknowledged that we would be happy if the effort was there against South’s not expecting any miracles considering the state of our forward stocks, the effort was there in spades, but they just had everything go against them…. People on here still bagged the fu<k out of everyone.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have Prestonmania, Davey and most importantly the player’s player Waddell.

Our back row depth is ok. It’s our lightweight prop forwards that are killing our go forward.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Our back row depth is ok. It’s our lightweight prop forwards that are killing our go forward.
yeah the emergence of Preston increased our ability to cover injuries in the backrow. We are much stronger with Kikz but we can cover. Up front we have been devastated with poor KIng being the lone real available prop. Hopefully the return of TPJ gives a bit more punch up in the middle

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Waddell’s only in the team because of his hot succulent partner… it’s clearly not on talent

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Quicker ruck speed will always be key. I get that dominant forwards create this, but two points on this subject 1) the player needs to show urgency 2) 2nd phase play or passing to another forward before the line (aka James Graham) gives the player a better chance on getting a roll on…. If we can get to 2-3 secs on our play the ball speed, we’ll go alright

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mason said on level podcast that it just happened in a regular drill. Kikau had his arm out and got clipped on way through and tore it

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mason said on level podcast that it just happened in a regular drill. Kikau had his arm out and got clipped on way through and tore it
Fucking so unlucky. Typical

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the days when people would panic about us losing Burton or him backflipping on us. Now that he has signed with us long-term and is playing alongside a s**t half-back, most of this forum has gotten the knives out and want him gone asap.
The smart ones knew he was struggling when playing halves at Penrith with that team