Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
The swap is on only for an earlier release than 2025. Its on if the wahs can get a decent forward for next year, then they will let him go next year and not hold on to him. We just wait till 2025 and there is no need to swap. If we miss out, his loss. If we play well enough next year that we show we are on the up and are ahead of the Tigpies and puff the magic dragons, then his decision should be easy. Us ! Simples

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger !
I have been told by not my usual source of info that the Warriors are asking for Kikau as a swap for AFB as early as 2024,
If true, opinions ?
[/QUOTE. What bullshit!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You’d think they’d learn by now, paint club legends and save the hassle.
But that would be a one time income, painting new players every year means regular income.

Always a Bulldog

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F..k the Warriors. What did they give Manly in return when they benefitted the other way. F..k all wasn't it ?

Here's an idea. Why don't they sign one of the "free agents" Hamlin-Uele or Terrell May (better than S'ua) or f..king BOTH or work out a deal with the Cows for JT.

Pretty sure AFB would pick the club HE wants to go to then the Warriors have to negotiate for the best they are able to get (not pick of the best). Not everyone wants to move country to NZ. What a surprise. They'd be lucky to get RFM and Topine if AFB decides on us

Last edited:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the Warriors could easily trade him to another Sydney club.... we miss our highly sought after impact prop and all we have to show for it is an overpaid backrower who will be tits on a bull without go forward to lay a platform.
Correct @Flanagun let me add the Warriors still have to grant the release and negotiate with his preferred club. So they will want something in return whether it’s direct or indirect. IMO we’ve won the race but something has to give as he won’t be cheap. Warriors still have to say yes. They can say he’s staying there in 2025.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger !
I have been told by not my usual source of info that the Warriors are asking for Kikau as a swap for AFB as early as 2024,
If true, opinions ?
Nah, don't do it. It negates all the talk of building culture, born and bred by discarding a player who we haven't even got any benefit from yet and who came to the club with assurities and buying into the whole Bulldogs rebuild.

For all we know Kikau may be of more benefit than AFB in the end. First let us get some value out of Kikau and see how things pan out. AFB will still have to leave the Warriors and if not the Dogs will go to another club without a player swap. Why can't we do the same. I would rather wait and get him for 2025 and continue our rebuild as is.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I really thought D voice learned his lesson when he was finally found out a few years ago, but every now and then he falls back into his old habit of talking absolute rubbish for attention.
Sad ***** hey

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For what it’s worth , AFB has told some close to him that his preference is to come to us.

Still few balls in the air at the moment to close the deal
Sounds promising. This is where we need someone like Roy Asotasi or Frank Pritchard to get in his ear and let him know how good the fans are once we get going. Better than tigpies, redvagina or sharts.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah, don't do it. It negates all the talk of building culture, born and bred by discarding a player who we haven't even got any benefit from yet and who came to the club with assurities and buying into the whole Bulldogs rebuild.

For all we know Kikau may be of more benefit than AFB in the end. First let us get some value out of Kikau and see how things pan out. AFB will still have to leave the Warriors and if not the Dogs will go to another club without a player swap. Why can't we do the same. I would rather wait and get him for 2025 and continue our rebuild as is.
Great point!

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's no fucking chance Gus would release Kikau for AFB. Dunno why this is even a discussion. Some melon mentioned it on the kennel a few days ago then the telegraph reports it. Absolute tomfoolery this nonsense. Can we end the discussion here and get back to talking about the sheer size of Gus' shlong?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a team do we need AFB more than kiks now ? Of course we do.

Why weaken an area of leadership and 2R when we don’t need to.

Besides this is all hearsay and bullshit. Gus would have left the table if this was ever brought up Kiks is like a son to him.

@Malla have you been talking to @D- voice ?