News Kikau’s Comeback Season

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would want to because curran will quickly take his spot in the 11. Tbf curran is the best hole or line runner in our club.
I saw a breakdown of his running game. It isn't one dimensional and if he has a half chance to wrong foot a defender he looks good at picking the right option. He'll definitely make some impact on our attack.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I expected to see more from kiks in our trials, he is a long way off his penrith form, I hope he gets back there asap, we really need him to fire in the early rounds.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's kinda slipped under the radar a bit leading into the new season.

He was up there as the best backrower and most probably forward in the game just 2 years ago. If he fires, the entire dynamic of our forward pack and attack changes.
As long as our middle holds up & isn't a speed bump for opposition packs..

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I saw a breakdown of his running game. It isn't one dimensional and if he has a half chance to wrong foot a defender he looks good at picking the right option. He'll definitely make some impact on our attack.
Well I really hope u r right. Ever since we originally bought him, I had this nagging concern that once he was separated from Cleary/Luai, he was just not another repeat of the ineffective Tony Williams when he was split from Foran/DCE. I think Kikau is a much more skilled & intelligent player than Williams. I will eagerly await to see how Kikau goes over the first 5-7 rounds before we can really judge.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I really hope u r right. Ever since we originally bought him, I had this nagging concern that once he was separated from Cleary/Luai, he was just not another repeat of the ineffective Tony Williams when he was split from Foran/DCE. I think Kikau is a much more skilled & intelligent player than Williams. I will eagerly await to see how Kikau goes over the first 5-7 rounds before we can really judge.
Its not even the fact he has gone from Cleary/Luai do a decent halves pairing, he went to the worst halves pairing in the NRL. Its not his fault, poor planning from management to buy a luxury forward like this knowing you can't use him.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton needs to give him good ball... Don't have high hopes

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been underwhelming to date. Injuries and Burton haven’t helped. Output hasn’t justified his fat pay cheque.
Hope he turns it around quickly.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expected to see more from kiks in our trials, he is a long way off his penrith form, I hope he gets back there asap, we really need him to fire in the early rounds.
He really hasn’t done anything for us. He was one of the best at Penrith . Hoping he kills it

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen enough of Kiks to declare Trex 2.0 . Lazy and just here for the cash
100%. Waste of cash. Minding a spot until a Reggie’s forward is ready for FG.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looks totally gassed together with Hutchison and Kiraz trying hard but also struggling. Easy fix is sexton and xerri in next week

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Luxury icing on the cake type player. Struggle to make over 100m and not many tough carries.
If we can't learn how to hold the ball and get tackles inside opp 20m, he's going to unfortunately be the biggest waste of money / talent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm giving anyone playing to the left of burton a free pass until he's gone.
Crichton FB, Tracey 6, Burton and Xerri centres is the best we've got if coach has the balls to move Burton.
Problem with that though is Xerri has to play right edge as Burton defending opposition left edge shifts at centre would be nightmare fuel