News Kieran Foran tells Canterbury officials he won’t return to Manly

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He probably failed Manlys medical fitness test.
Must be think wow I’m lucky the Dogs didn’t make me do one.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Great gutsy player, I hope he kills it this year.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know there's not much love for Foran from the kennel, but we've put a lot of time and effort into getting him right once again.
I'm cautiously optimistic that his injuries are behind him and he can recapture some of that form that had him rated one of the best halves in the comp.
Either that or I'm delusional, either way a fit Foran would be great for the next couple of seasons to guide ca young squad around on the field.

I agree but don’t go expecting a half that will have a brilliant kicking game. He can’t kick deep he can’t kick high with hang time.

In saying this I think he will do well with Lewis

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great gutsy player, I hope he kills it this year.
Gutsy? There were games last season where he didn't pass, run or kick the whole game! He was a passenger and a fraud just there for his giant paycheck that his Dad Des corruptly orchestrated for him.

He is a tough dude, but he's broken down and is only riding it out for his massive salary. I'd play through paralysis if I was getting 50k a week for being a passenger or sitting on the sidelines!

I wish he'd do the right thing like he did at Parra and turned his back on massive money because his mind and body weren't up to the rigours of the NRL.

He was in decent form at that time. Now it's three years later, he's even more of a liability but he decides he wants to stick to his word?? Give me a break. It's because he knows he'll never get another contract like it again and is thankful to Des for giving him a retirement fund.

As I said earlier, a contract is worth nothing when we want to keep someone but it's unbreakable when we want to release someone like Eastwood or Foran. Either way, the club loses out.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler and Foran are not as close as the media claim.

Foran has been very close with Dean Pay as well, and is really enjoying how the club is looking after not only his body, but helping with his mind as well.
I’ve heard this also that he and Hasler aren’t that close anymore? Hasler tried twice before to get him and he wouldn’t come. He may have known that Hasler was gone when he signed with us

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well Hasler must like him quite a lot to give him $1.2 million a season for three years when he was worth about a one year 150k contract after his diabolical stint with the warriors.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well Hasler must like him quite a lot to give him $1.2 million a season for three years when he was worth about a one year 150k contract after his diabolical stint with the warriors.
Wasnt and isnt worth an nrl contract

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call bullshit. Has-lice will get him back to brookvale before round 1 next year
I like that too, Has lice......... but who would like to play football with lice, very uncomfortable. I think K.Foran will play for us and will play well. Stick it to em Kieren.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gutsy? There were games last season where he didn't pass, run or kick the whole game! He was a passenger and a fraud just there for his giant paycheck that his Dad Des corruptly orchestrated for him.

He is a tough dude, but he's broken down and is only riding it out for his massive salary. I'd play through paralysis if I was getting 50k a week for being a passenger or sitting on the sidelines!

I wish he'd do the right thing like he did at Parra and turned his back on massive money because his mind and body weren't up to the rigours of the NRL.

He was in decent form at that time. Now it's three years later, he's even more of a liability but he decides he wants to stick to his word?? Give me a break. It's because he knows he'll never get another contract like it again and is thankful to Des for giving him a retirement fund.

As I said earlier, a contract is worth nothing when we want to keep someone but it's unbreakable when we want to release someone like Eastwood or Foran. Either way, the club loses out.
Up until he was injured (again) he was one of the only blokes putting his body on the line. Can't help himself unfortunately, that's why I call him gutsy. Although he is cashing in no doubt because of Des, I don't blame him personally. I have no doubt he would love to be playing his best for us if capable. The only way I see a return for our investment on him is for him to come out and "kill it". So yeah I do wish him the best in 2019 as his fate will be linked to "our" fate I think.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from a source that he will be giving some of that 1.2 mil back to the club.

As much as I would like him to leave, mainly due to the contract price, I will praise him for putting in the effort to work hard and get fitter. Hopefully he has a good season.

Also, it’s good to see someone honouring their contract...
Also giving some money back me thinks.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up until he was injured (again) he was one of the only blokes putting his body on the line. Can't help himself unfortunately, that's why I call him gutsy. Although he is cashing in no doubt because of Des, I don't blame him personally. I have no doubt he would love to be playing his best for us if capable. The only way I see a return for our investment on him is for him to come out and "kill it". So yeah I do wish him the best in 2019 as his fate will be linked to "our" fate I think.
Third and last time I have said it, he will be giving some back to us, mark my words.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Third and last time I have said it, he will be giving some back to us, mark my words.
Give up money and stay or leave?

I agree it's not his fault that the previous admin gave him as much money as the top 5 paid players...

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly supporters don't want Foran because they know he is busted and won't play more than half a season at best

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kieran Foran is "tough" and puts his "body on the line" are the consistent phrases on the kennel to sum up Foran

Every fucken Rugby player is tough and put their bodies on the line.

Foran has a better success rate with players leaving the club, than coaches leaving the Tigers under Robbie Farah

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
KIERAN Foran has told Canterbury officials he won’t be returning to Manly to reunite with former coach Des Hasler.

The Bulldogs were forced to approach Foran recently when reports emerged that Hasler was keen to lure him back to Brookvale.

The New Zealand international stressed he is happy at Canterbury and focused on honouring the final two seasons of his contract.

Kieran Foran has strong relationship with Des Hasler.
Foran is also determined to revive his career after repeated injury and off-field setbacks in recent seasons.

He returned to pre-season training on Monday and impressed Canterbury coaching staff with his effort and attitude.

On the back of a three month break, Foran is injury-free for the first time in a number of seasons.

It’s perfect timing for the playmaker as he looks to beat recruit Jack Cogger to a starting position in the halves next season.

Foran has told the Bulldogs he plans to honour his contract. (AAP Image/Mick Tsikas)
Foran is also in a good place off the field after recently getting married and Canterbury are hopeful this happiness flows on to the field in 2019.

The five-eighth’s promise to the Bulldogs doesn’t mean Hasler isn’t interested in luring him back to Manly.

Foran has a close relationship with the Sea Eagles mentor dating back to the pair’s premiership days on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.

Foran has struggled with injury in recent years. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
Canterbury officials are aware of Foran and Hasler’s connection but are confident their playmaker will honour his word and remain at Belmore.
Let's see...
He plans to honour the $2.2 ml he gets from us unless something changes that, Manly can't afford him unless a deal a is struck somehow.
My solution...Hitler Hasler can pay him some of the money he ripped us for !!!
Then he could have his boyfriend back, but not before asking Mrs Hasler's permission :fearscream:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My solution...Hitler Hasler can pay him some of the money he ripped us for !!!
Then he could have his boyfriend back, but not before asking Mrs Hasler's permission :fearscream:
By Mrs hasler are you referring to Pie-eater piggy cleal?