News Kieran Foran tells Canterbury officials he won’t return to Manly

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
KIERAN Foran has told Canterbury officials he won’t be returning to Manly to reunite with former coach Des Hasler.

The Bulldogs were forced to approach Foran recently when reports emerged that Hasler was keen to lure him back to Brookvale.

The New Zealand international stressed he is happy at Canterbury and focused on honouring the final two seasons of his contract.

Kieran Foran has strong relationship with Des Hasler.
Foran is also determined to revive his career after repeated injury and off-field setbacks in recent seasons.

He returned to pre-season training on Monday and impressed Canterbury coaching staff with his effort and attitude.

On the back of a three month break, Foran is injury-free for the first time in a number of seasons.

It’s perfect timing for the playmaker as he looks to beat recruit Jack Cogger to a starting position in the halves next season.

Foran has told the Bulldogs he plans to honour his contract. (AAP Image/Mick Tsikas)
Foran is also in a good place off the field after recently getting married and Canterbury are hopeful this happiness flows on to the field in 2019.

The five-eighth’s promise to the Bulldogs doesn’t mean Hasler isn’t interested in luring him back to Manly.

Foran has a close relationship with the Sea Eagles mentor dating back to the pair’s premiership days on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.

Foran has struggled with injury in recent years. (Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)
Canterbury officials are aware of Foran and Hasler’s connection but are confident their playmaker will honour his word and remain at Belmore.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Foran has a close relationship with the Sea Eagles mentor dating back to the pair’s premiership days on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.

I've read this a million times...should start a drinking game.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This confirms he is gone

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bet the paper thought that would make us fans happy.... oh how they misjudge us:weary:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i am the only one excited about this. Foran will kill it this year, especially if we win the first 2 rounds. I thought the pressure got to him and he went downhill when pay put jmk next to him. We need someone experienced leading the boys around. If we get rid of him we may as well be called belmore boys high year 12 grade rugby league.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I would like him to leave, mainly due to the contract price, I will praise him for putting in the effort to work hard and get fitter. Hopefully he has a good season.

Also, it’s good to see someone honouring their contract...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hasler and Foran are not as close as the media claim.

Foran has been very close with Dean Pay as well, and is really enjoying how the club is looking after not only his body, but helping with his mind as well.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to him.. stay or go (I’m not fussed either way) !!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly does anyone get sick to death of hearing about these contracts and the bullshit lies involved with rugby league journalist ? Us fans get lied too constantly, just frustrates me. If he is a man of his word then great Ill admit I found it hard not to like him he does put in the effort , but if reports are true he is leaving then good riddance

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a great club. Let go of our only talented rep players, replace them with players that other clubs are happy to let go and then keep injury prone dead weight like Foran who takes up 1/6th of our salary cap..

It's genius! It's like Des and Dib never left!

I know finding a new club for Foran would be difficult, but Manly want him as Des' raging hard on for Foran will never subside. Even if we're paying over half the freight, any deal where the club ride itself of the cancer that is Keiran Foran would be a great deal.

We let the players we want to keep And who have value dictate when they want to go and let the players we want moved on dictate when they want to stay on their cushy back ended contracts that set them up for life.

A contract is worth nothing when we want it to mean something and it's worth everything when we want it to mean nothing.

Other, professional run powerhouse clubs never seem to have that problem. Or cap issues at all despite having a team full of genuine internationals.

We have a squad full of rejects and youngsters and are somehow cap fucked til 2038. Cheat the cap like the other clubs do you softcocks! We're getting left behind and outbid by the likes of Newcastle now!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has this very close relationship with Hasler as it’s reported but very time Hasler tried to sign him he went else where....
Why would he go to manly they that tight make the players pay for soda
I guess it’s not a Wayne and Darius thing that’s love
I guess it would be good to have him on the field for a whole season to see if he is a dud to be honest

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know there's not much love for Foran from the kennel, but we've put a lot of time and effort into getting him right once again.
I'm cautiously optimistic that his injuries are behind him and he can recapture some of that form that had him rated one of the best halves in the comp.
Either that or I'm delusional, either way a fit Foran would be great for the next couple of seasons to guide ca young squad around on the field.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be good to get soem fkn stability around the joint, all these talks of player movements is so disruptive to the team. If you want to go go so be it. If hes fit who know what he can produce, but thats hard to judge. See how he and Lewis pair up if Cogger doesnt get the nod.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure he said the same thing about joining Hasler at the Dogs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he stays fit, I'll be happy.

If he goes, I'll be happy.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see the arse end of Foran as he leaves Belmore. Nothing personal against him but I don’t believe he offers us much.
I’d love to be proven wrong.