Kieran Foran admits he’s not playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is the dud buy of the year with 6 try Assists in 10 games for dogs.

Mbye the hero of kennel has 2 try Assists in the same number of games for dogs.

Frawley another punching bag of the kennel has also 2 try Assists in just 4 games for the dogs.

yep, Mbye is our saviour. lol

Spincook

Waterboy
Reaction score

Frawley another punching bag of the kennel has also 2 try Assists in just 4 games for the dogs.

You not a fan of Moses?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mbye vs rest of the fullbacks in the game would be interesting.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye vs rest of the fullbacks in the game would be interesting.

no there is no comparison , they don't play along side Foran, Woods, Klemmer and co.

It can never be dudbye's fault. Its every other players fault who is on fraction of dudbye's salary.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
how dare you make a sensible post like this.

we have the dudbuy our saviour who kicks goals, saves trys and glue like hands.
not holding back, ripping into Mbye lol "Dud-buy" got to admit that's funny.

He is on massive overs and doesn't present value for money it's as simple as that. He could be retained as a utility but would have to be on Jamie Buhrer or Lewis Brown wages. He's not any better than Hopoate or Perrett were at fullback and they weren't clogging up the cap either. We are in a dire situation as a club, so there is no choice but to persist with him for this season and hope he comes good. Pay will get fed up with these types at the club like he has with Lichaa.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not holding back, ripping into Mbye lol "Dud-buy" got to admit that's funny.

He is on massive overs and doesn't present value for money it's as simple as that. He could be retained as a utility but would have to be on Jamie Buhrer or Lewis Brown wages. He's not any better than Hopoate or Perrett were at fullback and they weren't clogging up the cap either. We are in a dire situation as a club, so there is no choice but to persist with him for this season and hope he comes good. Pay will get fed up with these types at the club like he has with Lichaa.

sorry , hopoate and Perret did score trys at fullback and never had feet for hands.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he's trying too hard, maybe kick back a gear with some self confidence knowing what he can do, where are those grubbers in goal with chasers?
Im sure he is capable of more but how will it look if Reynolds outplays him on Sunday?
The luck of this place can't last.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's fucking shit, pretty much every other halfback in the NRL would be doing better with us. Also we're well and truly past round 8, how much do you drink during games hahaha
Obvioulsy he drinks less than you.

Don't be stupid, Foran isn't shit. He's just not worth the money he's on. He would of come for half the amount we gave him, Dib got played by Ayoub.
Bulldogz82 does have a point, Foran would play much better if he had a proper spine around him. Foran was never a halfback that dictates a whole side.
Foran is a 6 and should never be in a position to have the weight of the whole team on his shoulders. Our club has been paying overs for quite some time.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those players are not running the show at there respective clubs and they are actually doing what they were brought in to do and not at $1m per season

Reynolds obviously has not played due to injury so he cannot be judged on games he hasnt played.

Foran has played and has been fucken garbage.

Another garbage recruitment brought in by the previous frauds.

All you Foran dish lickers can look and make any excuse you want, but his performances speak for themselves. Garbage
fair enough. But the tigers are paying so much for Reynolds it is pretty garbage that he is injured and can't even contribute. At least the dogs are getting some return even if it is not much from Foran and Woods

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obvioulsy he drinks less than you.

Don't be stupid, Foran isn't shit. He's just not worth the money he's on. He would of come for half the amount we gave him, Dib got played by Ayoub.
Bulldogz82 does have a point, Foran would play much better if he had a proper spine around him. Foran was never a halfback that dictates a whole side.
Foran is a 6 and should never be in a position to have the weight of the whole team on his shoulders. Our club has been paying overs for quite some time.
No, Foran was capable of playing both 6 and 7. Look at his Manly days, consistently at first receiver for a lot of their attacking plays and setting them up. He was great at taking the ball to the line and creating space for the likes of Snake on his left and DCE/Stewart on his right. He doesn't do this for us, the vision he used previously just isn't there. He also done a lot of off the ball organising, and that's why DCE struggled when he left.

Anyway, 6 or 7 it doesn't really matter at this stage, Foran just doesn't have the legs to cover the ground well enough for either position. He doesn't have the footwork or pace to burn a defender, so pushing him out to 6 won't make a difference.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok well let's compare big money duds then, Dorothy and Sharon are and we're alot less value to the club then Foran is.
I don't get ppl, would you rather this club still run around the park by Reynolds FFS. Foran is doing what he can with what he's got, the guys got more balls then our whole forward pack. He is far from the worst big dollar signing in the history of this club and this has been judged after only 8 games wow! You want to look at big name failures go look at cronk before Foran. If Foran played for the roosters this year they would be higher on the ladder then what they currently are
Woods has contributed more this year than Foran. You have a fair point when it comes to T Rex...... but I will say this, the one game Des picked T rex at 7, he played a better game than Foran has at any point so far this year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No, Foran was capable of playing both 6 and 7. Look at his Manly days, consistently at first receiver for a lot of their attacking plays and setting them up. He was great at taking the ball to the line and creating space for the likes of Snake on his left and DCE/Stewart on his right. He doesn't do this for us, the vision he used previously just isn't there. He also done a lot of off the ball organising, and that's why DCE struggled when he left.

Anyway, 6 or 7 it doesn't really matter at this stage, Foran just doesn't have the legs to cover the ground well enough for either position. He doesn't have the footwork or pace to burn a defender, so pushing him out to 6 won't make a difference.
This is just it......why push him to 6 to play a running role when he can't really run any more....certainly not in the 70th minute. Do we really need a 5/8 who hobbled directly. Nothing against Foran but he was just a bad signing.....especially given our already delicate salary cap position. Our past coach and administration royally fucked us and I think this Foran signing was one last middle finger from Des. was never going to offer value on the sort of money he's on. Not his fault....sadly, the club was run by idiots.

Reactions: GDR

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not Foran’s fault he took the money. But also pay has to take some blame for salary cap position. Y resign lichia when u have Walford and nu brown already at the club? And y sign olive, jmk and priest? Get rid of them and you save at least $500k. Jmk and lichia are on multiple year deals also so would free up space for next year to retain or sign players also

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods has contributed more this year than Foran. You have a fair point when it comes to T Rex...... but I will say this, the one game Des picked T rex at 7, he played a better game than Foran has at any point so far this year.
I so remember that game, his best game for the dogs. I think it was Dorothy at 7 and might have been Jackson at 6. It was against manly with our origin players out and we had both Reynolds and hodko in origin that year. Look I have to agree he did play better that game then Foran has all year but every other game dorothy played for us was shithouse. I'll gladly eat my words if by the end of forans contract he isn't playing to a level that is expected.
As for woods look numbers suggest he is doing ok, but he lacks any sort of aggression that we need and makes alot of silly errors eg offload when not on, incorrect play the balls and crucial missed tackles.
I respect your opinion but imo woods is offering fuk all to help us. Hopefully he improves against his old club this week

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is just it......why push him to 6 to play a running role when he can't really run any more....certainly not in the 70th minute. Do we really need a 5/8 who hobbled directly. Nothing against Foran but he was just a bad signing.....especially given our already delicate salary cap position. Our past coach and administration royally fucked us and I think this Foran signing was one last middle finger from Des. was never going to offer value on the sort of money he's on. Not his fault....sadly, the club was run by idiots.
But that's just the thing. We paid overs for him. And have been paying overs for years.
Would I sign him for $400K - $500K per year? Absolutely I will.
Foran is not a shit player, whoever thinks Foran is a shit player needs to see a psychologist because too much negative thinking affects the whole body and may lead to depression and excessive consumption of alcohol. So if you want to stay healthy to see the dogs win their next premiership then stop talking shit.

Has anybody ever thought about the players he was playing with at Manly when they won the comp?
One good player is not going to change the teams fortunes around. You need more than that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I so remember that game, his best game for the dogs. I think it was Dorothy at 7 and might have been Jackson at 6. It was against manly with our origin players out and we had both Reynolds and hodko in origin that year. Look I have to agree he did play better that game then Foran has all year but every other game dorothy played for us was shithouse. I'll gladly eat my words if by the end of forans contract he isn't playing to a level that is expected.
As for woods look numbers suggest he is doing ok, but he lacks any sort of aggression that we need and makes alot of silly errors eg offload when not on, incorrect play the balls and crucial missed tackles.
I respect your opinion but imo woods is offering fuk all to help us. Hopefully he improves against his old club this week
Yeah, I respect yours too mate.....and not saying Woods has set the world on fire. I just think Foran has been uninvolved, unimpressive and just looks to be completely broken. I don't think he's fit enough to play a quality 80 minutes. I think he's our worst investment since T Rex (who was ghastly for us apart from that one surprising turn at 7)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But that's just the thing. We paid overs for him. And have been paying overs for years.
Would I sign him for $400K - $500K per year? Absolutely I will.
Foran is not a shit player, whoever thinks Foran is a shit player needs to see a psychologist because too much negative thinking affects the whole body and may lead to depression and excessive consumption of alcohol. So if you want to stay healthy to see the dogs win their next premiership then stop talking shit.

Has anybody ever thought about the players he was playing with at Manly when they won the comp?
One good player is not going to change the teams fortunes around. You need more than that.
Mate, blaming Foran's ailing body and under involvement on his teammates is a bit of a cop out IMO. This Foran is nothing like the one who won comps at manly. He's half a footballer's career lifespan older and carrying around a lot more injuries, for starters.

Never said he was always rubbish, but a hobbling half who struggles to play 80 and has always been thought of as a running player is pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.