Kieran Foran admits he’s not playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I respect yours too mate.....and not saying Woods has set the world on fire. I just think Foran has been uninvolved, unimpressive and just looks to be completely broken. I don't think he's fit enough to play a quality 80 minutes. I think he's our worst investment since T Rex (who was ghastly for us apart from that one surprising turn at 7)
Look fair point he doesn't look 100% fit but even broken he can offer us more then Reynolds has, he just needs a few more options when he does get the ball in hand, he still has the skills and footy brain to help us but I agree he needs to get ball in hand alot more

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Look fair point he doesn't look 100% fit but even broken he can offer us more then Reynolds has, he just needs a few more options when he does get the ball in hand, he still has the skills and footy brain to help us but I agree he needs to get ball in hand alot more
Can’t agree mate. Reynolds won us many games and gave more yo this club than a broken Horan ever could imo. I really wish we’d not signed Foran and offered JR a decent contract.

Anyway, I know Reynolds has his share of detractors, but I don’t think Foran offers anything more. In fact, I think he offers less.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t agree mate. Reynolds won us many games and gave more yo this club than a broken Horan ever could imo. I really wish we’d not signed Foran and offered JR a decent contract.

Anyway, I know Reynolds has his share of detractors, but I don’t think Foran offers anything more. In fact, I think he offers less.
Imo Reynolds was a player with individual ability and obviously plays with alot of passion but he can not organise anything nor set up much with just a passing game, not saying Foran at the moment is doing that but he will come good once he adapts to our style and once we adapt to his style.
Another thing is Reynolds I'm pretty sure has only played 20 min this whole year and he has been very injury prone last couple years. If up to me I would not have signed Foran or resigned Reynolds either but we got Foran and I think we should give him a fair go and a bit of time, he himself didn't play much last year either and I'm pretty sure this is the first time in years he has played this many games in a row. But I guess at the end of the day all we want is a bit of success and it ain't happening so we all have every right to be upset with individual player performances

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imo Reynolds was a player with individual ability and obviously plays with alot of passion but he can not organise anything nor set up much with just a passing game, not saying Foran at the moment is doing that but he will come good once he adapts to our style and once we adapt to his style.
Another thing is Reynolds I'm pretty sure has only played 20 min this whole year and he has been very injury prone last couple years. If up to me I would not have signed Foran or resigned Reynolds either but we got Foran and I think we should give him a fair go and a bit of time, he himself didn't play much last year either and I'm pretty sure this is the first time in years he has played this many games in a row. But I guess at the end of the day all we want is a bit of success and it ain't happening so we all have every right to be upset with individual player performances
Mate, I think fans have every right to be impatient with Foran....or frustrated with the club for signing him. He's on huge dollars and he's just not delivering anything close to value for money. People complain about Mbye's price tag, but Mbye does a lot more for the team. From his performances so far this year, to his obvious physical difficulties and on record quotes about hobbling to the bathroom at night, I just think he was an ill advised signing......and I don't know how patient we are expected to be......Foran hasn't been at the top of his game for a long time. He's broken. Just don't know why people keep expecting he'll get there.

I get what you're saying......he's along for the ride and we should supoport......but personally, I was never a fan of the idea and nothing I've seen from him so far this year has changed my mind.Admire your optimism though!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, I think fans have every right to be impatient with Foran....or frustrated with the club for signing him. He's on huge dollars and he's just not delivering anything close to value for money. People complain about Mbye's price tag, but Mbye does a lot more for the team. From his performances so far this year, to his obvious physical difficulties and on record quotes about hobbling to the bathroom at night, I just think he was an ill advised signing......and I don't know how patient we are expected to be......Foran hasn't been at the top of his game for a long time. He's broken. Just don't know why people keep expecting he'll get there.

I get what you're saying......he's along for the ride and we should supoport......but personally, I was never a fan of the idea and nothing I've seen from him so far this year has changed my mind.Admire your optimism though!
He's definately not worth the money we paid for him. I totally agree with that.
Dib was fooled by Foran's manager.
Foran was ready to accept half of what he got.
Just goes to show how bad the club was run. Player managers loved dealing with us cause it meant paying overs.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to try be optimistic atm mate it's all the hope I have for our team atm lol.
We are going through a tough patch atm and I hope this group can give us something to cheer about at least for the next 12 months.
As I said earlier I was not happy with the Foran signing but now that he is here I support him and hope that he rediscovers a bit of old form, hopefully that fella we bought from the knights might take a bit of heat off him next year, only time will tell.
You reckon we will get up this week against the tigpies?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have to try be optimistic atm mate it's all the hope I have for our team atm lol.
We are going through a tough patch atm and I hope this group can give us something to cheer about at least for the next 12 months.
As I said earlier I was not happy with the Foran signing but now that he is here I support him and hope that he rediscovers a bit of old form, hopefully that fella we bought from the knights might take a bit of heat off him next year, only time will tell.
You reckon we will get up this week against the tigpies?
I don't know mate.....we will be competitive.....we've been right in our games of recent times.....the refereeing in recent weeks doesn't instil me with a lot of confidence.....nor does JR playing his comeback game. he may hurt us off the bench. Players we let go have a habit of doing that. I hope I'm wrong and we win by 12 plus though. A comfortable win would be nice.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know mate.....we will be competitive.....we've been right in our games of recent times.....the refereeing in recent weeks doesn't instil me with a lot of confidence.....nor does JR playing his comeback game. he may hurt us off the bench. Players we let go have a habit of doing that. I hope I'm wrong and we win by 12 plus though. A comfortable win would be nice.
I'm hoping the opposite Reynolds shows up on Sunday, the one that trys too hard and trips someone lol.
Imo I think we can win this one quite comfortably if there isn't too much interference by the refs, I haven't felt confident before a game all year besides the eels game so hopefully they don't disappoint this week.
Only concern I have is how deflated they might be from so many narrow losses and some shit house officiating.
That can take alot out of a team.
Same effort as last week and we win 12+

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm hoping the opposite Reynolds shows up on Sunday, the one that trys too hard and trips someone lol.
Imo I think we can win this one quite comfortably if there isn't too much interference by the refs, I haven't felt confident before a game all year besides the eels game so hopefully they don't disappoint this week.
Only concern I have is how deflated they might be from so many narrow losses and some shit house officiating.
That can take alot out of a team.
Same effort as last week and we win 12+
Hope you’re right mate. My concerns are similar, losing so many close ones and bring on the end of so many poor decisions can be deflating.

I agree we should win if the players turn up switched on.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you’re right mate. My concerns are similar, losing so many close ones and bring on the end of so many poor decisions can be deflating.

I agree we should win if the players turn up switched on.
We really have a chance to go on a bit of a run, few winnable games coming up plus the origin period. Do you know which teams we play when origin players are unavailable? Hopefully dragons is one of them because I know we got them in a couple weeks

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We really have a chance to go on a bit of a run, few winnable games coming up plus the origin period. Do you know which teams we play when origin players are unavailable? Hopefully dragons is one of them because I know we got them in a couple weeks
I think I did read a post on here where someone was saying we’d get the dragons minus origin players. It would definitely be a handy leg up.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I did read a post on here where someone was saying we’d get the dragons minus origin players. It would definitely be a handy leg up.
Oh for sure, they have 6 or 7 players in line for a origin birth. Hopefully we get our byes at good times too. Tbh I know we can't make the 8 but I don't want us finishing bottom 4, that's just fucked for a bulldogs team to be part of. I will be happy with a finish of 9th or 10th this year and a top 8 finish next year which would keep us going forward into 2020 where we can spend a bit of cash that year to buy a few recognised players

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh for sure, they have 6 or 7 players in line for a origin birth. Hopefully we get our byes at good times too. Tbh I know we can't make the 8 but I don't want us finishing bottom 4, that's just fucked for a bulldogs team to be part of. I will be happy with a finish of 9th or 10th this year and a top 8 finish next year which would keep us going forward into 2020 where we can spend a bit of cash that year to buy a few recognised players
Yeah.... finals would be a monumental turn around from here, but it would definitely be nice to start winning some games and climbing that ladder a bit .... I can’t see how we won’t miss the Morris brother’s next year, but one step st a time... winning some games will at least give the team some confidence going forward.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
has this imposter been shopped around to other clubs?

When will he be pissing off from Belmore?

This dud signing who refused the dogs on two occasions and than came when noone wanted a bar of him was a partying gift from Desaster

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This dud signing who refused the dogs on two occasions and than came when noone wanted a bar of him was a partying gift from Desaster
Foran would not even cut it on that Nepalese team that use to be on the matty johns show a couple years back

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Do you think the tigers are getting value for money with renoylds hahaha?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What a underperformer Foran has been. Not just here at the Dogs, but since he has left Manly.

Everyone knew that he was a washed up player though the old flogs threw everything including the kitchen sink at this bloke.

Good riddance to a **** who never wanted to come play for the dogs until he had no other options

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way he’ll gain my respect is if he comes to a agreement with the dogs to somehow retire and let them pay him out his contract. He will never and I repeat never control a football team and he will never be the manly Foran we saw in the past. His body is broke and no matter what anyone says he will never be anywhere near fit enough for this game anymore.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you think the tigers are getting value for money with renoylds hahaha?
Reynolds has battled a fair few injuries in recent years also, but he’s not broken, I don’t think. Jury is still out on that one, in any case it’s not really our problem, is it? Our problem is we brought Foran here on massive bucks and he’s not really earning his keep because he’s busted.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds has battled a fair few injuries in recent years also, but he’s not broken, I don’t think. Jury is still out on that one, in any case it’s not really our problem, is it? Our problem is we brought Foran here on massive bucks and he’s not really earning his keep because he’s busted.

As the other guy said broken or not Foran on one leg is 10 times the half renoylds is. How can you not see that? It’s not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.